Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Automatically Labelling Your Music Videos

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello all:

A while back I posted about a perl script that I had written to help people label their music videos. I've greatly improved this little utility now, and it's called VideoLabel3 which works with the VOBS you rip off a DVD when you rip each chapter to a separate file.

The perl script is free for anyone to use, and if some enterprising individual wants to enhance it to add functionality, feel free, but do share the results with me.

It's pretty simple to use (compared to how it used to be). And now it's a lot easier and more flexible to use. You need to create a text file called artiststitles.txt that has a list of artists and titles (separated by tab, one line for each song). The program will attempt to automatically determine which files are intros for the main music video, and can combine them into the main file, or label them as an intro, keeping them separate.

Also, if anyone is interested I've created another simple perl script called catmix.pl that combines the promo only mixed videos together (where they have three music videos that are pre-mixed). This script also handles an efficient renaming of the resulting mix video.

All these goodies can be downloaded from here:
http://fullspec.ca/misc/video/

If you're not a programmer and don't want to download perl, you can use the executable version. I recommend sticking the exe somewhere in your path (like in windows/system32) and then you can just create your text file by pasting from an excel/openoffice.org spreadsheet or something (which are available from Promo Only's Website).

Post here if you have any questions, and let me know if this is useful for you.

geposted Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 5:09 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)