Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Poll: What type of controller do you use with VDJ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

With a lot of emphasis given in recent updates of time code vinyl, which is great don't get me wrong, I, along with I'm sure many other mobile dj's who use this program are using it to cut down on equipment they bring to the gigs to to add two turntables (along with it's ease of use and ability which is very strong). I have PCDJ scratch and tried time code vinyl here. A great fun toy to play around with but I feel strongly that the majority of dj's here do not use it on gigs. Yes, I am sure there are some. Let's take a quick poll to see what the majority of people are using to control this program and what kind of DJ you are.

IE: DAC2, Hercules, Mouse and Keyboard, Vinyl, Or DVinal Controler.
IE: Mobile DJ (Weddings, Parties Ect.), Club DJ, Casual DJ, Just use this for fun...

Maybe we can help the team in the future dev. of the product if they know what we are using their product for..

Just a thought...

I am a mobile DJ and use the DAC-2 with a 5 channel mixer and gigaport soundcard. I also own a hercules and bring it as a backup. I also have the ability to use timecode vinyl but do not bring it on gigs. I use a maya soundcard for that along with the DAC-2 but seldom hook it up. I would love to see DAC2 mapping in an update soon...

geposted Sat 30 Oct 04 @ 3:32 am
I use the DAC-2 as my primary control for VDJ, and two xp10's on occasion, and a mouse rarely.

I am a club & mobile DJ

WirelessDJ

geposted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 1:02 pm
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Pro DJ with TC vinyl and Dvinyl controller too for loops and effects.

geposted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 2:42 pm
Mouse+Keyboard-user here.... with Hercules ambitions in the near future.
Home usage for now - but lets see if I can get back into business with my setup (herc+ext. mixer) - my main reason to quit DJing ´96 (Bunker/Tresor/Linientreu @ Berlin) was the horrific price of vinyl !

I´m VERY VERY happy now with VDJ+MP3+Internet ... this is like starting all over again with much better chances. hehe I´m pretty sure I´ll get back again coz - holy shit - vdj-mixing is an absolute DREAM :o) even with 2 old soundcards w/o controller.

regards

geposted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 3:22 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Dac2, Hurc, TC vinyl (yes I use 1 table live its the look man)

geposted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 3:25 pm
1 Laptop with DMC-1
1 Laptop with XP-10
1 Laptop with Hercules DJ Console

geposted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 4:25 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Laptop, 2 TC Vinyls, 1 XP 10 and soon also a UC33e. :)

geposted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 6:25 pm
I use the DAC-2 and I most say I love it

geposted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 6:32 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Currentely useing vdj on pretty new laptop, hercules (but I don't see it as a pro tool), New 19" Vestax club mixer and of course a good set of headphones...

Useing this set-up at home but potentially for club use.., but before then I think a pair of xp10's will be needed, as the hercules doesn't cut it with it's buttons and latency...

Very much into the whole mp3/laptop way of mixing, like the look of the cd players but vdj on laptop can do alot more than most, for alot less money.

I'm not really a turntable fan, I like the idea of moving onwards and upwards, I'm one of those users who choose vdj over the anything else avaliable.., one thing i'd like though is more controllers avaliable, even cd players that could operate vdj via usb would be good...

But I agree that timecode isn't much of a way to go, unless it works just like the xp10...

Although I love vdj as a software, it's the avaliable hardware that will make or break the revolution...

geposted Sun 31 Oct 04 @ 6:40 pm
So far, it looks to be the DAC-2. Programmers, letting us map this unit is essential. If there is some sort of reason why you cannot please let us know. Liciencing? I am not really certain why it has not been done yet other than the creators of the DAC-2 will not let you... TO me, that is a major piece of the puzzel that is missing. Mapping the DAC-s unit can make for such a better experience. Thanks again.

geposted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 2:42 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
My 2 cents post was to say ditto to pretty much everything that was said here which has been said before.
I think they got the message a while ago.
I'm thinking they might be more interested in a bundle option which probably won't happen being that the DAC is a Visiosonic product.
From a competitive standpoint though, it only makes sense to offer software that will support it if they want other PCDJ users to make the switch to VDJ.

Just my 2 cents again................I hope you all understand now.

geposted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 3:12 am
@vantinedj

I agree completely about cutting down on equipment requirements.

I use Laptop with keyboard control only, mouse only to select tracks. All fits in to my Gator 18x18 mixbag.

I am mostly club DJ with occasional work @ radio station, wedding receptions and other private parties.

geposted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 3:59 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i use: 1 dvd (karaoke)
1 sony cd player (old shit but it works as back up)
1 technics turntable ( looks cool with young people,
they never saw i thing like that.)
1 laptop with vdj and herc console.
1 8 channel mixtable.

when i have a party i allways thake everything with me.

geposted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 7:45 am
pioneer 1000 cd-decks w/timecode cd's (w/ VDJ)
(still testing this setup, and this will be my future preference)

As of now, I also have the Hercules there...

:)

geposted Mon 01 Nov 04 @ 1:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)