Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Serious Problems.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all.

For some reason (unknown to me) I cannot get VDJ to run properly on my new laptop.

Any track I load onto the right side deck, stutters, jerks, and jitters when moving the crossfader, starting the left track, etc...

I've been working on the problem for weeks, and have tried everything to fix it than I can think of. It is totally usless for gigs, or even to record mixes for later use.

Incidentally, Windows Task Manager shows the right deck to be using over twice the CPU power as compared to the left.

I would be happy to send captures of my resource monitor and computer specs, if you will provide me with an address.

It has and AMD Turion 64 twin processor main chip, and 2 gigs of RAM., if that helps....

geposted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 5:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try going to performance options and setting the perfromance slider to fast , saet autolatency

untick safe and overclock

geposted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 11:58 am

Thanks for the reply.

I unchecked the sound card boxes, and that made a dramatic improvement. However, the problem is still there. That is, it's not reliable enough to use
professionally

Moving the 'fast' vs 'quality' slider as you also suggested, seems to have no discernible effect on the stuttering issue.

It seems to me though, that whatever adjustments I might make which are designed to effect the overall performance of the program, are comparable to putting a band-aid on a cancer tumor. Why do you suppose the right deck is consuming over three times the CPU power compared to the left deck?

What could cause this mysterious imbalance? Should the two decks not normally consume equal resources..? What am I missing here?

geposted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 3:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 3:18 pm
Also what are your video card specs??

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 12:00 pm

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

What else do you need to know, specifically?

This machine is the top of the line EVEREX Step Note. It has a 17'' screen with excellent graphics capabilities. My only real complaint has been with the RealTek built-in sound chip. Every so often, something will happen to the driver, so that I lose my left channel sound. I then have to reload the driver.

I have a RealTek card in my desktop also, and it too gives problems occasionally. However, VDJ works fine on that machine.

Regarding the computer's specifications; Here is a short blurb from EVEREX's web site:

StepNote XT5000T
Do it all with an Everex® StepNote®. With the genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium operating system, AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50 processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600 graphics with 256MB of dedicated video memory, the new XT5000T becomes the biggest, fastest StepNote ever built.

The address is: http://www.everex.com/products/xt5000t/xt5000t.htm if you'd like to see more.

I have added an additional gig of RAM, and another 160 gig harddrive beyond the factory specs.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 12:41 pm
keaneControlleristMember since 2006
Hi

I use the atomixmp3 decks as opposed to the VDJ,and got the following message which I hope you guys can help me with

The message when I hit the shortcut on my laptop is as follows

"The internal database is corrupted"

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thank you.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 6:51 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pls dun double post.. u already have ur answer here and try not to thread-jack as it will confuse ppl. Thks:)

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 9:02 pm
Do an internet search for Black Viper and check out his Vista Tweaks, How many processes do you have running CTRL+ALT+DEL amd click on processes.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 11:58 pm

I'll have a look at the Black Viper site you mentioned (who knows, I might learn something), but I've already tried unloading every process and program that wasn't absolutely necessary for VDJ's environment. That seems to have very little (if any) effect. This unit is surprisingly quick, and capable. It's really hard to bog it down by running too many operations at once.

I think the problem is somehow within the program it's self. See, the problem is only on the right deck..! I can do whatever I want with the left deck without raising any negative issues.

With the left deck running I'm using about 17% of the CPU. Switch to the right, and that goes up to 55%. Play them both simultaneously,.. still 55%.... ???

I'm going to try switching to the default skin, next, and see if that helps.

geposted Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 1:43 am
is there any difference if you use asio4all for output? are you currently using directx or asio.. and is there difference if you use different output modes (for test purpose) like:

input:none
output:single output
soundcard:asio driver
asio driver: asio4all v2

does task manager show the high cpu usage (~50%) only when playing music in VDJ or also in other music player? Does the cpu usage go lower if you stop the music in VDJ or only if you quit VDJ entirely?

geposted Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 8:32 pm
I have tried playing around with the sound configuration in VDJ with no discernible changes appearing, as pertaining to CPU usage.

Checked the Vista Performance Monitor, which isolates CPU, Memory, etc., usage by percent, per each individual program or process. Here are the results:

Windows Media Player (w/ SSS WOW effects 'on'): 5.7%
VDJ idling: ------------------------------------------------------ 4.1%
VDJ left deck: ------------------------------------------------- 6.1%
VDJ right deck: ----------------------------------------------- 38.6%
VDJ both decks: ---------------------------------------------- 39.2%

Even the left deck has an unacceptable amount of jitter. You can both see it in the display, and hear it in the audio output. This is just during normal playback.

geposted Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 2:51 am
Have you tried to check the safemode box?? I believe my system when I was tryin Vista I had to use safe mode, give it a shot it is worth a try

geposted Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 8:34 am
I take you don't have either keylock or master tempo enabled on either deck (based on your CPU usage figures it would seem as if it was enabled on the right deck)? Running out of ideas here, you could try right click VDJ in task manager and use the Set Affinity option to only set VDJ to run in one core... and from control panel/power options set Always on or High performance. Other than that I'd get a Intel core 2 processor next time, the Turion might have troubles running two decks with mastertempo/keylock at best quality. If that's not an option I suppose you could try some firewire/usb based audio solution but in worst case there's some bigger issue here and it won't fix a thing so make sure you're able to return it if it doesn't work.

btw did it actually say "asio4all" there when you tested the sound configuration? to get rid of the jitters on Vista on my older and slower computer I had to use that. You need to download and install it separetely incase you haven't already.

geposted Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 8:45 am
(replying to discobrian:) Yes, the safemode checkbox has no effect.

(to andriodi:) No, there are no additional features activated on either deck. I tried starting fresh with the default skin, and there was no difference. (I use a proprietary interface, and every new release seems to have it's own new difficulties with my GUI) I thought there might be a chance that something could be activated, and I might not be able to recognize it though my own interface.

The 'asio4all' program is something I had not previously heard of. I downloaded and tried it out, with rather dismal results (it was a lot worse), but have not had the time to try tweaking the asio adjustments as yet.

I don't know.... This problem is beyond my understanding. Some help from the programming team would be very nice.

VDJ *is* compatible with Vista,.. right?

geposted Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 12:01 am
I take it that audio plays back perfectly in WMP, Winamp etc? Have you tried any other pro-audio software that needs low latency, preferably one that also allows you to try with the asio4all? (eg. Propellerheads Reason/Ableton Live)

If the sound plays fine in other programs, could you use the Record to Wav function inside VDJ to try save your mix inside a wav file and then try play that back in another program. Is there sound issues in the recorded file also?

I have a feeling it's a lower level problem or something interfering with VDJ but pinpointing the source is going to take some work. Suppose you've looked if there's any updated audio drivers available for your audio solution?

geposted Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 1:37 am

Yes, the audio is as good as you would expect, when played through my other audio programs. This includes Audacity and Adobe Audition (aka Cool Edit - a real memory hog). I have no experience with the applications that you mentioned.

Well, although I do use VDJ to record mixes occasionally, it's totally useless on this machine. As, besides the jumping and jittering you can plainly hear, there is always a bad skip in the recorded file each time you start the opposite (mix-to) deck.

I don't get it. Every other program runs fine on this computer. Who knows what it is? But I appreciate your time spent in attempting to help. And yes, regarding the audio drivers, I have tried every driver I could find that will work with this chip. The one I'm running now is only about one month old.

I will check into the other programs you mentioned, BTW.

geposted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 2:07 am
My virtual dj internal data base is corrupted and it wont allow me to record any files, how can i fiix this?

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 5:23 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
1) what are the full specs of your laptop and what kind of soundcard are you using?
2) have you checked if the drivers are up today?
3) have you tried setting the latency settings in the performance options of vdj to a high number?
4) try downloading the latency checker from the external tools section of this website, see what your latency value is.

im gonna take a guess that it might not be common latency problems but something to do with your laptop configuation. i saw one thread buy a guy who found that disabling his wireless network card helped. could be IRQ conflicts.

have you tried using an external soundcard for vdj?

geposted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 11:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)