Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: search & sort music

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

V580Home userMember since 2007
You might also have the problem that the music on your computer is a mess. Programs like WMP or iTunes are not capable to identify the music and sort it into categories. I am looking for a solution (a program, a mod or a add-on) which scans my computer for music, erases duplicates, adjusts volume, categorizes in genres & quality, adds missing titles and artist names. I don’t want to spend a year doing it on my own. Looking forward to your help!

geposted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 12:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 1:37 pm
V580 wrote :
You might also have the problem that the music on your computer is a mess. Programs like WMP or iTunes are not capable to identify the music and sort it into categories. I am looking for a solution (a program, a mod or a add-on) which scans my computer for music, erases duplicates, adjusts volume, categorizes in genres & quality, adds missing titles and artist names. I don’t want to spend a year doing it on my own. Looking forward to your help!

don't use wmp or itunes to rip cd's.

use "cdex"(free) from www.download.com to rip cd's or "cd ripper" from www.xilisoft.com
-cddb enabled
-ripping options
-file storage by any parameter year, genre, title, artist, track, etc.

for batch file processing use "tagscanner"(free) from download.com
-choose folder, add/remove to favorite
-id3 v1, v2, ape, full
-manual/automatic tag edit "ctrl + s = save"
-lookup data
-rename from file tags
-create tags from file name
-output files in new directory by structure of choice: year, genre, title, artist, track, etc.

for duplicate file finder use "Duplicate Music Files Finder"(free) from www.download.com
-choose folder to search
-displays filename & size
-advanced comparison method available

and then there is "Media Moneky" (LE: free; Full: purchase) from www.download.com
-it does everything you are looking for. rip, tag edit, etc
-try, if you like, and only if you like, buy.
-advanced version of winamp.
-i have it, but i would never ever recommend it.

Your welcome

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

geposted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 10:27 pm
Also do a search on download.com for Tag Dr or Dr Tag, I cant remember, but I used it to rename all mine.

geposted Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 5:52 am
V580Home userMember since 2007
Thanks you guys. I sounds like both the Tag Scanner, DR Tag Plus and Duplicate Music File does the job when it comes to sort and select your files and of course deleting dublicates but what about Media Monkey?! If it does the job why would you not recommend it? I still need to figure out, how I might be able to secure the quality of the music files concerning audio sound level so I know that the music file is not of bad quality. But the whole tag scanning sound reasonable I just need one program, a modification or add-on to do the whole package.

geposted Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 1:55 pm
that would be nice. one prog does it all.

except each small program such as tag scanner is specifically designed for one purpose. and takes care of that purpose well.

media monkey.. i have the registered version of it, but never use it.

for me it's winamp, tag-scanner, vdj, windows explorer, xilisoft cd ripper, napster, and soundtaxi.

i use these guys for everything. nothing else works for me.

rip, dl, rename, convert, move, organize, batch process them all. play, mix, fade, get paid... where am i going with this..

oh yea.. to the bank.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 6:04 am
there is one additional software, if you have the money for it.

mp3nity : a play on words for mp3 infinity

it's awesome.. play, analyze, convert, batch, explore, id3, rename, batch, picture, lyrics, you name it. played with it a long time ago. the trial expired, and i went back to tagscanner. this software is the only one i would say better than tagscanner.

hope that helps.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 6:07 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)