Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PC tweaks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello everyone. I am fustrated on my desktop computer's performace when I use VDJ. My desktop is installed with a Pentium 4 2.40 Gh processor with 1.24 gigs of RAM. I know that's not the fastest but I feel that my computer is lagging more than usual. My songs are not loading quck enough, I hear my computer screaming and I don't know what to do. Can someone give me some pointers on how to make these issues more bearable.

Thanks
Syberman

geposted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 3:53 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey Syberman...let's see if we can sort some problems for you.

1/ First of all, is your desktop a dedicated dj machine or do you also use it for home use?
2/ What exactly are you using vdj for? Video/Karaoke/just music
3/ What graphics card are you using?
4/ What OS are you using?
5/ What hardware do you have hooked up?
6/ Slow loading songs - is this all songs or just certain types of song?
7/ Memory could perhaps do with an upgrade.
8/ There's a list of XP tweaks (assuming you're using xp) which you may find useful. I can't find the post right now, but if you look on this website you may be able to get some ideas from here. This gives you info on which services you can shut down which can in the long run help your machine run faster overall.
9/ Try removing any programs that you no longer use (if it's an all round machine)
10/ Don't know if this'll help, but maybe a general clean up of your machine from a software and hardware point of view - you know, defrag hard drives etc, go into the case and clean out any dust etc etc etc.

Just a couple of ideas that may help.

Good luck...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

geposted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 5:45 am
If you have music in your computer, try getting an external hard drive. Music will slow you down. Using your computer for internet and downloading Etc will slow you down. To dj, you need a computer that is fresh with no programsd other than windows and virtual dj.

geposted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 5:54 pm
Hi, thank you for your responses. Unfortunatly, my computer is the only computer in the house but I use it most of the time. I have over 1200 mp3's stored in hard drive as well as other programs. I have deleted many unused/unwanted programs on my pc, but this does not solve the issue. I did some research on my pc, which is a Compaq Persario 6000, it only holds 2gig's of memory and I have just over 1gig. I have two slots for memory on the motherboard. I just may buy two 1gig chips and install them in my pc's motherboard.

Syberman

geposted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 11:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)