Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules mk2 Modification

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm thinking about a modification to my Hercules mk2. I want to install 2 "line throughs" or "bypass" channels, like the Numark Virtual Vinyl and Rane Serato boxes have. The reason is so that I can still spin vinyl without having to switch on my laptop or unplug any cables. I'm currently planning on removing the 3.5mm TRS outputs (I never use them) and drilling some holes to mount the 4 RCA jacks needed. I think there should be space inside, but I haven't checked yet. As for wiring, I plan on wiring the "bypass" channels in parallel to the "Inputs" (1/2 & 3/4).

As I understand it this would be like having a pair of "RCA Y-splitters" between my turntables and the Hercules mk2, except that the "Y-splitters" are fixed to / inisde the Hercules mk2.

I don't see any reason this shouldn't work, but I haven't done electronics for a while so if anyone knows otherwise or thnks I'm missing something, please let me know!!

Also if anyone else has done this, do you have any tips?

If anyone else is inspired to do this modification and wants some pointers, let me know and I'll write a guide when I've done mine.

geposted Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 4:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i must warn you , that of course would void the warranty and may cause driver malfunctions if you open and rewire the unit

geposted Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 6:11 pm
Why wouldnt you just use the Y splitters on the outputs on the MK@ so as to not void ur warranty

geposted Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 9:21 pm
On the subject of Driver malfunction, do you think disconnecting the 3.5mm trs output jacks would cause Driver problems? I've still not opened the unit to scope it out, but I imagine the 3.5mm outputs are just clones of the RCA outputs. I've had it for a while now and think the warranty may have run out by now. I'd rather do this than use splitters simply because it's a bit neater.

geposted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 4:26 pm
Gotcha and about the drivers, that I dont know.

geposted Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 8:14 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if it works , don't fix it!

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 1:01 am
Just seen the Hercules Mk3, so this project has now been abandoned so I can sell my MK2 in a couple of months time!

geposted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 7:23 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It ain't mk3...it the rmx;)

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 1:13 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)