Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: xponent control problem + scratching with jog wheel

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have replaced my CDJ's with the xponent controller using SBDJ's mapper but I don't understand why I need to move my pitch control or other knobs to where or below/above the preset spot to be able to use the controls properly. Meaning, for example: If my pitch slider is say at + or - 10% from the previous song loaded in that player I have to move it to 0% before I can actually adjust the pitch range for the next song I cue up. Is there a way to have the pitch slider react immmedietely when I move it without having to go back to 0%? The same thing with the eq knobs. If one is set to +15% I need to bring it back to center before I can actually set it to what I want otherwise it doesn't change the tone?

Second thing that I'm not used to!!
When I set the jog wheels to scratch mode it doesn't always work, sometimes I need to go forward and back and then it starts to scratch like the CDJ's. Is there a sensitivity control I can adjust in windows xp or the software? Or is it have something to do with latency?

Funkmasterfrank

geposted Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 10:39 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I was specifically asked to implement this "latch" feature to prevent large jumps. By default VDJ resets pitch and EQ to zero when you load a new track - so if the pitch is at +10% when you load a new track, moving the pitch slider will cause a huge pitch jump from 0% to +9.9%. The same for changing the pitch without use of the controller - the xponent mapper won't change the pitch until you get close to the actual current pitch.

Disabling pitch and EQ reset on load should mean that once you've done an initial latch at the start of the night, and you solely use the Xponent for pitch and EQ control then the levels will always match, so the problem won't occur ;)

I'd not noticed the scratch problem, but then I've not hugely tested it. The jog dials are touch sensitive - are you sure thats not the cause? I don't think there's any sensitivity though, only the actual scratch amount. Perhaps I could make the scratch button flash when touch is detected, as a visual indicator and a diagnostic tool? Would that be helpful?

Regards,

Scott

geposted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 10:24 am
I tried the jog wheel problem I'm having on 2 computers with different specs and both do have the same delay detecting my touch. Whether I press hard or easy I get the same results. Sometimes it detects immedietely but most of the time I need to go back and forth a few times before it starts working.

Once it detects my touch it seems to work fine

Funkmasterfrank

geposted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 1:33 pm
Strange... this is going to sound stupid, but could you try two things for me?

1... wetting your fingers before trying to use the touch sensitivity
2... using the centre of the jogwheel to try and stop the track

Regards,

Scott

geposted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:44 pm
Yes, it works 100% better when I wet my finger...

Is there a way around this?

Funkmasterfrank

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 12:21 pm
Not that I'm aware of, there have been some comments on the Torq DJ forum about the Xponent touch sensitivity being rubbish in a nice cool dry A/C environment, and much better in a hotter more humid one! I will keep doing some digging however :)

geposted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 1:38 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Heh, that's why, you've got to work up a sweat before it stops working. It takes five seconds of aggressive scratching to do that for you, I guess :)

geposted Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 8:41 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)