Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006

I have another topic running at the moment regarding automix not working properly for me.

Because I can't find a cure and haven't been offered any possible reasons, I decided to upgrade the RAM on my laptop.

I've gone from 2GB to 4 GB, and as i was advised Vista is recognising 3GB, so far so good.

I now have a problem with my video skins. The centre video output on the skin (the large one the shows whats going out) has now got green marks in it. Its a bit like green shimmering squares larger than a pixel size. Output to screens is fine and the two small video cue windows either side are fine.

It seems like trying to solve one problem has created more.

Does anyone have the time or the knowledge to help me sort this?

Gary

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 9:04 am
Try updating your video drivers.

If not...
Format your drive and re-install windows, drivers, and VDJ.

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 9:55 am
Thanks Marcel,

I just installed VDJ on my normal everyday partition that has numerous programs, hundreds of services running and god know what else, and it worked fine. Eben the Automix works fine.

I'm guessing this means its a software not a hardware problem. Would you agree?

Maybe when trimming down my VDJ partition I've trimmed things a little too far and removed or disabled something I need.

Could that be the problem?

Gary

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 10:24 am
Gary is this XP or Vista?? Yeah you could have stopped something that is needed. If it is Vista I didnt disable anything except defender, sidebar and UAC and I am runnin over 30 processes and VDJ runs great. On XP I think I only had like 15 processes running.

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 11:47 am
Its Vista Brian,

I've sorted out the video issue, not a problem anymore.

I've also got a post running called Automix problem. This is where my real problem is now. I won't explain it here, but if anyone can help, its driving me crazy!

Gary

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 11:56 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
can your motherboard support 4gb ?

do you have a shared video card?

It is not a good sign if you have installed 4 but only see 3.

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 6:38 pm
skyfxl wrote :
can your motherboard support 4gb ?

do you have a shared video card?

It is not a good sign if you have installed 4 but only see 3.

No, I have dedicated video card. Yes, the motherboard will support 4mb, and the reason 3 is only showing is Vista will only currently recognise and use 3GB, but apparently they will be changing that when the service pack comes out.

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 9:38 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Youre talking about your RAM or VRAM? Vista architecture supports 1TB or RAM, I dont know where you got this information from...

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 2:06 am
I'm talking about my RAM. The information is available from Microsoft, Toshiba, Crucial, Orca, in fact any website that sells RAM explains that Vista will only currently support 3GB RAM.

I'm no expert on this, is just what these people have told me.

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 10:04 am
Why doesn't my Windows® PC recognize the whole 4GB of memory I installed?

The maximum amount of memory that your system can use is actually limited in two ways — not only is there a maximum amount of memory that your computer motherboard can accept, there is also a maximum amount of memory that your operating system (OS) can accept.

For instance, when you install 4GB of memory in a 32-bit Windows system (the most common version; 64-bit systems are typically used only by high-end users), your system will see (and utilize) only 3GB or 3.5GB. Is the problem bad memory?

Relax, there isn't a problem with the memory. Windows allows for 4GB of memory to be addressed, but this isn't 100 percent the same as having 4GB of physical memory.

^^^^Thats what i've been told, and why my system is only showing 3GB of RAM even though I have 4GB installed^^^^

If someone still thinks I have a problem with it only showing 3GB, please let me know so I can contact the company and ask for them to exchange the RAM as I don't know enough about this and I have to go on what people tell me or I read.

Gary

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 10:30 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
While it is on paper as supporting this:

32-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate: 4GB
32-bit Windows Vista Starter: 1GB
64-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Basic: 8GB
64-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Premium: 16GB
64-bit versions of Windows Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate: 128GB

Source
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa366778.aspx

It seems as you found ,if you run 32 bit some of the memory will be used directly to service hardware

http://www.vistaclues.com/reader-question-maximum-memory-in-32-bit-windows-vista/
'
"So, if your video adapter has 512MB of RAM , your maximum memory is going to at most be 3.5GB, because Vista has to use 512MB of that address space to address your video memory. It’ll actually be lower than the 3.5GB because there are other hardware resources that need address space, too. So, it never hurts to fill your computer with 4GB of RAM–you’ll definitely get the max, but you won’t be able to address it all. You probably won’t be able to address much more than 3GB"

So Aslong as you bios shows you as having the full 4 its ok.

Any ways do you have the latest drivers for your video card? Is hardware acceleration enabled?

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 10:38 am
Cheers Simon, its good to get some reassurance on that. Toshiba did tell me that the extra memory that Vista doesn't use directly would probably be used by the graphics card, and I didn't see that as being a bad thing. (Even though my video card has 512mb dedicated memory)

Everything is working and the bios shows the full 4GB. I've also run the memory diagnostics and there were no problems, so I think everything is ok in that department.

I've fixed the video problem with a clean install of the OS.

The automix problem I have is caused by using the Maya44usb. Automix works fine with the onboard sound but not with the Maya plugged in.

There are no IRQ conflicts. I'm going to try changing a few settings like performance from programs to background etc, if that doesn't fix it i will try asio4all driver instead, and if still no luck i will go back to XP and try that as well. After that I'm out of ideas, so if I've missed anything, please tell :)

Gary

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 11:02 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)