Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TIRED OF TYPING DVD SONGS IN.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

HOW DO I GET THIS MV-DB TO WORK? WHEN USING PROMO ONLY DVDS, NO SONG LISTINGS EVER COME UP? ANY HELP???????

geposted Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 3:27 pm
I second that one, I am sick of typing in the names...... I wish there was something like itunes with CDDB.

geposted Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 4:20 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

geposted Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 4:44 am
I will have to try that.

geposted Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 3:39 pm
I posted this last year...

I have been using Lupas Renamer 2000 for a couple of years. Works great once you get the jist of it...

Once my files have been extracted, whether vob or mpg(actually any kind of file) it takes me 4-5 minutes to change all the file numbers to the correct names that I download from the supplier database or wherever. I created complete instructions for someone else asking the same thing to do Promo Only Canada. U need excel & Lupas to do it. Below are the instructions and a quick course in excel. I suggest you create a new folder with the vob files to learn how to do it. If you screw up delete that one and try again. Post any questions. I'll look later... most people make a mistake at #19.

1 Download dvd text file from promo only
2 Open in Excel
3 deleat the 1st row by highlighting it and right click - delete
4 create a new column a number it from 1 to * amount of songs
5 create a new column and type in the 1st row " - " without the " That's space-space.
6 click in the top cell of a blank column(new column)
7 click the function icon - fx
8 in the text catagory choose concatenate - ok
9 click once on the 1st artist name
10 click text2
11 click the 1st cell of space-space
12 click text3
13 click the 1st song name cell
14 click ok in the function window
15 you will now see all three things joined together in 1 cell
16 click once in that cell
17 grab the bottom right side corner and drag down. It will fill in all the other cells.
18 save the file with a proper name - disc # name for future use(you can also save as an xls file)
19 rearrange the song list as follows: 1,10,11,12,13,etc,2,20,21,22,23,etc,3,30,31,32,33,34,etc,4,40,41,etc song 1 is in the correct order, song 2 right click the row # and choose cut - click the row where #20 song is and right click - choose "insert cut cell" and it will place #2 above #20 in the correct oreder we need. posibblely 5,6,7,8,9 will go to the bottom if they don't have other numbers in the 50,60, etc range
20 click save
21 Highlight all the song tiltes and names in the new column you just created
22 right click - choose copy
23 open Lupas
24 open Text editor in Lupas
25 right click in the text editor and click paste
26 close the text editor
27 In Lupas open the folder where the disc files are stored
28 Put a check mark in "replace with the text"
29 type <T> in the space
30 highlight all the rows- click the top one - scroll to the bottom - hold "Shift" click once(they will all be highlighted
31 Click rename - click continue - all the file have now been modified
32 close lupas - Done... - look at folder - test each song to make sure you followed my steps properly

EASY!!

If you made a mistake on 2-3 songs just change the file name to the correct one but add a letter or number to the end of the name until you replace the other file with the same name, otherwise you won't be able to change the name - can't have the same file name 2 times in one folder

Modifications should't take more than 5-6 minutes for each disc

Funkmasterfrank

geposted Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 11:03 pm
Frank-

No offense, but 32 steps does not come off as something that would be easy to a newcomer ;)

-Woody

geposted Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 3:27 pm
But think of this, do 32 easy steps or type in 50 song names

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 12:39 pm
AF5 is another program to rename files. promo will rip with no real file names, say you rip 50 videos 1.vob 2.vob etc then goto promo website and get print friendly version of track list, cut paste into excel. it will put artist and song name in different columns. then use excel to create a 3rd column like artist - track.vob To do this you use concatenate in excel like =col1&" - "&col2&".vob essentially create a 3rd column for artist - title.vob then highlight the entire column you created and put in a fresh spread sheet using cut and special paste with values. save new sheet as txt file. then open AF5, ADD the directory containing the 1.vob stuff, remove the header, click ctrl A to highlight all the files, ok. then click rename, open the txt file, then RENAME. its a bit tricky at first but once you get used to it its quick.. remove / & _ etc from song names using excel find replace. pm me for more help if needed - this was a quick intro,

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 7:11 pm
Where did the mv-db go?

did the bill not get paid?

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 3:49 am
I personally type in each video personally. I rip them with Smartripper, then run the vob through TMPenc which changes the audio to 44,100 and I name them from there Artist-Title.mpg

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 2:43 pm
Great Post

geposted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 1:37 pm
adj2PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I use a program called Renamefromlist 1.07 & the procedure is similiar. The process seems long & complex the first time around but after a few time it goes very fast. I'll try to find the procedure I which I found on another board. I actually used the procedure for renaming other files lother than music. It much quicker than renaming one file at a time.

Kevin

geposted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 10:35 am
I rip from promo using dvddecrypter. should I be converting from 44khz to 41 and if so why ?

geposted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 10:28 pm
I dont know if you should, but every vob I rip I convert from 48 to 44.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 3:55 pm
Hi, If I've got the right end of the stick...

I think that vdj only plays out at 44khz sample rate, so any time you play a 48khz file, vdj has to do some work to "interpolate" or filter the sound.

I guess disco brian converts his files to save vdj a job, and to possibly maximise sound quality. I've never compared a 44khz file to a 48khz, so I can't say if you get better sound from a 44khz file or not (I guess disco brian thinks so).

geposted Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 6:39 am
dj ataaHome userMember since 2008
soy adrian y quiero el virtual dj professional edition

geposted Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 9:38 am
I have just been doing the same thing since Version 3 when VDJ couldnt use the 48,000 files and just never changed my style of ripping and converting. I am sure that the 48 sounds better than the 44 (possibly) I dont know.

geposted Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 3:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)