Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crash Report translation

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I got this crash report a while back, and never have been able to get an answer on the pcdj forums as to what it says.

Crash ID=7c9ed338 (date=712140027, version=1.0-PCDJVJ rev.4, build=504, thread=Main, dump=66833e00, excode=c0000005 (0,741c978))

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 4:59 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I remember your post and I answered you that it was an external crash (plugins or mapper or drivers or Windows, ...).

Do you have a controller?
Did you use a video plugin when it appeared?

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 6:33 pm
That was a different user. In the last post you asked me was if I had an external drive, and I do. This is over on the PCDJ board. Just looking for some way to diagnose what the problem was. since I've updated to the recent version of VJ I have not had any more crashes. This was the one instance that I had a crash report. Other times I did not.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 6:49 pm
So now delete the file "crashguard report.txt"

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 7:00 pm
I have. but what does that have to do with getting an explaination of the error?

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 7:30 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
is it really important to have it explained if it happened only once? i think the purpose of these things are to analyze crashes that are repeatable and reproducable within a certain number of steps. not a general debugging tool.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 4:39 am
I've had 3 or 4 crashes. Only one time did I get a crash report, the last time. What's the point of having a crash report if we can't understand what it says? Yeah I have not had a problem since I updated to a new version of the software, but I'd still like to know WTF in case it can help if I have future problems.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 9:50 am
CMBDJ wrote :
What's the point of having a crash report if we can't understand what it says? .

We only use the crashguard report to debug OUR software and in your case it crashed outside the software so we have no way to know. We can only guess by users' experiences

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 10:12 am
I'm sorry...I thought the crash report did come from the program.

In any event, I never got an answer directly related to my question or my error message. That's why I came here to post, as the other forum doesn't get visited often.

I can only GUESS that you are implying that there was something with the external hard drive that caused the error. And I guess that makes sense ....since there has not been a problem since I updated my software version.....Right.

Thanks.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 2:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)