Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crash on VDJ v4.3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

On Saturday night playing a pub gig, a punter was asking me to play T2 Heartbroken, and as I was typing into the search box another punter came up to me to ask for another song, as I was takling and looking at the 2nd punter I was typing the 1st punters request into the search box, then the current song I was playing (Rihanna I think) started stuttering in the same spot and wouldn't move, then when I looked at the screen there was a box with a smiley face and a red x saying Virtual DJ error or the sort recover now?, instinct made me hit the close x on the box, although in retrospect this wasn't the wisest of ideas!, and I had to open the task manager to close the program and restart the computer!

Luck having it I was doing a kids party down the road that finished at 7, by the time I eventually got parking at the pub it was 7.40, so to ensure that I started on time (at 8) I didn't bring in the cd decks in the flightcase into the setup to save a bit of time. I started a few minutes past 8 so no worries on that part, but as I didn't have another music source as backup I had to do a bit of waffling on the mic by saying that I was going to run a competition where you win a pint if you name the band/singer of a song or the name of the main carachter(s) in a tv program when I play the theme tune etc.!

Started back up again, but every song that was analysied (time & bpm) had lost all its information, and the folder tree on the left side no longer had the "favourite" folders in it! Basically the settings and music data base went back to as if the program was just installed.

When I now go to start the program, after selecting the interface(Internal Interface Mixer), a box appears saying "The internal database is corrupted", then I hit the OK option in the box, the resolution of the screen goes huge (as in the background is magnified in, the shortcuts and writing on the desktop increase in size) then another box appears saying "Warning! The skin you are trying to use has a higher resolution than your screen" I hit the OK option (the only option!) and the program opens, and if I minimise it the desktop is back to its normal size.
This is the same skin I have been using since I started using VDJ over a year ago and never had this problem.

Everytime the program is opened the favourites are gone out of the folder tree on the left side, as are any songs that have been analysied!

Even last night at home trying to start the program when I click the VDJ icon it just goes through the 2 problem boxes above, then just leaves a black box on the screen where it is trying to open, I have to click on the VDJ icon again and it eventually opens. And it is messing up the resolution, then when I click on the desktop it returns to normal resolution.

The computer I'm using is a 00DJ MK3, (specs here - http://www.oodj.co.uk/productinfo.html) and its VDJ 4.3 I'm using.
The 00DJ doesn't have an internet port, and the recommend that you don't connect it to the internet as it is a stripped down version of Windows XP Pro running in it so there are no unwanted programs running in the background.

Any ideas or would I be best to delete the program and reinstall it?

Either way, any ideas why it happened or what caused it to happen to make sure I don't do it again (whatever the fupp it was!!)

The error codes in the crashguard file are -
CRASHGUARD
date=801192228
version=4.3.r12
build=403
thread=Main
address=00454896
ins=f3a58bca
excode=c0000005 (0,426a000)

CRASHGUARD
date=801222122
version=4.3.r12
build=403
thread=Main
address=00442250
ins=f706ffff
excode=c0000005 (0,57f7990)

CRASHGUARD
date=801222122
version=4.3.r12
build=403
thread=Main
address=00442250
ins=f706ffff
excode=c0000005 (0,3a25990)

CRASHGUARD
date=801222123
version=4.3.r12
build=403
thread=Main
address=00442250
ins=f706ffff
excode=c0000005 (0,39f7990)

CRASHGUARD
date=801222123
version=4.3.r12
build=403
thread=Main
address=00442250
ins=f706ffff

CRASHGUARD
date=801222123
version=4.3.r12
build=403
thread=Main
address=00442250
ins=f706ffff

Don't know how to read this file properly, I think some of the last errors might be from trying to open it last night?

In the program files there are notepad lists of my playlists from history, except the list from what I played from 8 until crash on Saturday night which is expected as the program couldn't save it), but the playlist option isn't in the folder tree on the left!
In the program files the History notepad also contains all the history to date too.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 5:12 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry, we can't decode the crashguard reports for v4.x but only for 5.x now

However I would say that it's something linked to the skin. I can't tell more

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 10:02 am
I don't know how this reared its head as it been the same skin that I have used since day1.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 11:47 am
What is a PUNTER??

geposted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 9:58 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you might want to check your hdd for bad clusters too
btw where that 'punter" comes from?
good feature practice BACK UP YOUR DATABASE!

geposted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 10:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also, if you are going to stay with v4.x -- then go and download my Database backup and verify Tool from the Tools download section.

geposted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 2:35 pm
We had the exact same thing happen at our club last night (just glad the club has a backup computer with the necessary music). The exact same thing's happend, from the corrupt database message, the invalid screen resolutions with the skin, and so on... What we did do, is we re-installed 4.3 right over the current installation, which fixed the resolutions and video error. The database was corrupt, so they decided to delete all databases in the directory, reboot the system and rescan all the music (we have all week to rebuild it since we have the backup machine). The problem we are now facing, is that the software scan's the song, posts the length of the song, and not the BPM. Anyone know how I can get it to detect the BMP?

geposted Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 4:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)