Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Future Pacemaker owners!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

The Pacemaker by Tonium (http://www.pacemaker.net) will be shipped this month to roughly 2,000 early-adopters world wide. It is the worlds first portable, full-featured deejay platform. If you are one of those lucky few, please post any comments, tips, and suggestions for the device in this thread.

Hopefully the VirtualDJ team will be able to incorporate it into their software line, possibly to allow "controller" support using the device's input and output features (buttons, digital crossfader, headphone and line outputs, etc).

Lets mix!

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 3:40 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This device is not related to Virtual DJ it cannot control it as it isnt a full midi device to my understanding.

If you want to learn more about it i suggest you try their forums.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 3:45 pm
wow , some people skids..yeah i know my spelling... haha

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 7:50 pm
I know the Pacemaker is in no way related to VirtualDJ, but there is a lot of potential for them to coexist and communicate with each other. What would be necessary for it to work as a controller for the software? MIDI functionallity over USB?

I have been posting on the Pacemaker bulletin board, but it is very disorganized and there is not a lot of technical information available yet. Their software team is committed to updating product features, so hopefully some VirtualDJ integration will come in the near future.

geposted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 12:08 am
Looks like a free advert for pacemaker to me.

;-)

geposted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 5:06 am
that pacemaker thing looks like a cheap pile of crap.

geposted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 8:33 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's not cheap Marcel, 520 euros (not including tax or shipping) they want for it,which is

£387 or $758 US

It just looks like a plastic toy, I don't think it will catch on, not at the price it's on sale for anyway.

Jimmy b

geposted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 9:18 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
looks like a cool little toy. i'd love to have one when travelling. i doubt its meant to be a pro dj tool, but its a great way to practice on the go.

formula 1 racers play video games to practice courses these days because theyre so accurate on track modelling that its a great way to preempt the 'big day'. i dont see how this is any different. the best stay the best by adopting new, innovative ways of staying there...

geposted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 11:15 am
@jimmy b
I hate the price too, but I need a new mp3 player immediately. I'm sure the price will fall within the next few months (think of the iPhone), but the fact is there are at least 2,000 early adopters willing to pay ~$760 for it now, so the Tonium team is going to charge as much as they can get for it.

@ Paz75
Exactly. I am buying this instead of a new iPod because I know I will have a lot more fun with a Pacemaker. Whenever I go to house parties, I will be able to mix live without any gear. Any time I would have been listening to music, I will be mixing it instead.

I don't have any affiliation with Pacemaker, I'm just excited to be ordering one in the next few days. I anyone is interested, there are some videos of it in use here:

DJMAG.TV unboxing/testing (best hands on video I've seen, mixing begins at 3:51)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDWzwQnSKA

Beatport unboxing/testing (mixing starts at 1:25, but is a little clumsy)
http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/exclusive-video-pacemaker-unboxing/

geposted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 1:55 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Nice gadget but can you imagine Carl Cox using it? LOL

geposted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 6:27 am
yes, very easily. but not to replace what he does in the club. thats not the point of the pacemaker

geposted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 12:31 pm
Well my unit is ordered and on the way! Anyone else here getting one?

geposted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 3:07 pm
I'm not

geposted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 6:11 pm
ive ordered one, but probably have to cancel. they wont ship to dubai for some reason and noone will give me a proper answer. i could very well ship to my house in Amsterdam, but im not willing to pay VAT and extra shipping costs, so i'll just have to wait some more... :-s

geposted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 9:07 pm
@Paz75

Yeah I really lucked out being in the states. Aside from the conversion rate to Euros being high, I got mine VAT-free for $760 (free shipping). By the time they open up to worldwide shipping, the price should drop too.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 1:15 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)