Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC 2 Repairs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can anyone recomend a reputable person or company in the UK (North West if possible) that can repair the dodgy play buttons on my numerous DAC-2 controllers at a reasonable price, as you cannot buy them anymore, and there's no room in my case for a DAC-3.

Or are there any easy to follow instructions somewhere for swapping say the play and stop buttons with the group and waitlist buttons which are hardly worn.

Cheers !!

geposted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 6:40 am
Contact PCDJ Uk , directly.

geposted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 12:47 pm
Yes, I'm sure PCDJ UK (Computer DJ) will be able to help you, they fixed my DAC-3 on which the play and cue buttons had become unresponsive, and they turned it around very quickly too.

geposted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 2:11 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's easy enough to do yourself if you're handy with a soldering iron, and the buttons are available in Maplins... it's a job I've done many, many times on my DAC-2!

geposted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 10:40 pm
Cheers for that guys.

PCDJ UK did quote me about £90 per unit last year. Does that sound fairly reasonable ? I wouldn't mind having a bash myself to be honest. What product code do I need to order from Maplin dj sherz ?

geposted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 6:35 am
I Too am interested, I have 1 unit that i have to beat the play button to get it to play.

geposted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 7:11 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The ones I've used from Maplins in the past are order code KR89W, and cost 89p each. For that money, you might as well replace both sets of play/cue buttons, even if only one of them is malfunctioning at the time...

The DAC-2 is pretty easy to dismantle, it's just a load of screws on the back and round the sides to remove the back. Once you've got the back off it, you'll need to disconnect the USB/power PCB from the main PCB via the ribbon cable. Make a note of which way round it goes!

You then need to separate the board from the front panel that it's attached to. Pull off the pitch knobs and jogwheels, and remove the screws on the board that hold it to the front panel. Carefully lift out the board.

There's a plastic cover over the LCD display and the buttons, this is held on with another few screws and some clips. Remove this cover, and you should see the play/cue switches, soldered directly to the board. Unsolder the offending switches.

The maplin replacements have four legs, while the originals have two. Simply cut off two of the legs - the diagonal opposites, then using a pair of pliers, carefully bend the remaining two legs inwards slightly so that they will fit the holes on the board. When you solder the switch to the board, it will sit diagonally compared to the rest of the switches, but don't worry, it's not a problem. Check your soldering, and see that the switch is mounted firmly against the board, and rebuild your DAC-2 - refitting is the reverse of the removal procedure.

I've done this job far too many times, and it usually takes me around 40 minutes or so. Don't rush it though... there's nothing more annoying than having put it all back together, then realising you've got to strip it down again for the sake of one missed screw! Best of luck.... ;-)

geposted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 10:41 pm
Thanks very much for that. Very Comprehensive indeed. I'm betting tho your 40 minutes will compute to about 4 hours in my case. Maybe I'll have it down to 40 mins by the time I reach my 4th one lol

geposted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 7:19 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)