Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anyone know about the network usage?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok I have the network settings setup both on my VDJ Computer and my laptop with vdj on is as well.

Both computers are on and VDJ running on both. For argument sake, lets say the ip addresses and all that is configured correctly.....

Now what? How do I use them? Can I cue up songs on the laptop to be ready for the VDJ Computer?

Can I share files? What is the usage exactly? This information is not anywear in full detail....

please clarify

thank-you

BC

geposted Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 6:55 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"Network" enables you to synchronyse by beatlock all the decks during multi-instance. So in clear you can have the same bpm on 4 decks at the same time

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 6:23 am
Ohhh Ok.... I guess that's kind of limiting type of feature then....The sound system (external usb card) runs only on the main VDJ system, if the second computer (laptop) is only good for beatmatching....then I can't output the music from the laptop system to the main system?

Is that what your saying? or

If not, "HOW" do you use this feature? I've read a few threads on the 'network' setup but no-one gives an example on "HOW" to go through an example like step 1... load song deck a computer 1, step 2... load song deck a computer 2. step 3.... etc......

is there a walk through so that it can be understood the whole "USAGE"?

There's nothing in the user manual or any step by step directions that can be found.

I was hoping that the second computer could aid in music searches and cueing up music for the first computer.

thank-you

BC

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 7:32 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
the only scenario i could imagine is if you wanted to have two or more people mixing together in battle or tag team fashion like teams on DMC comps.

what would make this feature really cool is if it behaved like a mmorpg game (which only communicates variables like position and action on the network). this kind of approach would allow two djs on either side of the world (who would have to have the same music collection) to spin together.

it would be easy just to send track name, fader/level/eq/effect position, speed, etc to the peer. one of my best dj buddies moved back stateside and also uses vdj. we have identifcal collections. i'd love a feature like this so we could mash together and play back to back. i think it could quite easily work.

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 9:47 pm
I've tried it on a local network. It worked by typing your subnet mask (like 255.255.255.0 for me) on both network settings. in order to work , one computer has to be playing. then by activating sync or beatlok it should work fine. still I wann try 2 pcs linked from a cabble...?

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 10:05 pm
Ok well I did get the network settings correct and yes the beatlocks work great. However, not really of much use. Not for me anyway.

Ideally if one machine is the "DJ" machine with the sound output, music files, etc... the other machine could be the "slave" where another buddy could help search for music, and add music to the "DJ" machine's playlist, scan for certain songs, requests, etc...

multi instance beatmatching I guess is ok for others but not practical for me... Anyway hopefully others may have a need for this feature and perhaps it may one day be implemented.

thanks for the responses.

BC

geposted Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 7:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)