Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: master tempo (keylock) while nudging

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

like cdjs(pioneers)
with master tempo on the tempo changes, but the pitch remains the same
when you move the pitch/tempo slider, as we all know
BUT the pitch should also remain the same even when you nudge/move the wheel
i tried it with cdjs(timecodes) and the total control
(made shortcuts for master tempo ...)

cheers,
matt

geposted Sun 06 Apr 08 @ 1:39 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've tried it with cdj100..Good idea!

geposted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 7:53 am
bump

anybody else ???

especially those people using controllers or TC

or do most of you use pitch +/- ?

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 10:07 pm
tried to modify something
pushed the wrong button(quote)
sorry

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 10:07 pm
I also suggested this some 4 years ago. Ever since adding time code support most of the effort seems to be going into get it working so super useful things like this even if super useful they are still below the importance of fixing time code or adding more hw support.

geposted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 7:08 pm
i am for this - good idea. i have my arrow keys on my keyboard setup as nudge just in case during finding the next song the two current songs drift off.

geposted Sun 14 Sep 08 @ 11:59 pm
Do you mean once you got a track at the right speed, having the ability to use pitch bend buttons and not affect the "key" of the track, momentarily?

With my Total Control, nudging the jog dials causes "tone" or "key" changes. That really blows. That should not work that way, at all...

geposted Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 1:59 am
djchris73 wrote :
Do you mean once you got a track at the right speed, having the ability to use pitch bend buttons and not affect the "key" of the track, momentarily?

With my Total Control, nudging the jog dials causes "tone" or "key" changes. That really blows. That should not work that way, at all...

well...
i don't use the pitch bend buttons, as i explained above (pitch +/-)
i use the jog wheels/dials
but even with keylock/mastertempo(yes i tried both) "on" the pitch/key will change, unlike cdjs
same with timecode cds

don't know about traktor or serato
and i don't care, because i'm gonna stick with vdj ;-)

geposted Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 2:09 pm
+1

I think that regardless of how you momentarily adjust the speed, aka nudging, it should not affect the key of the track.

Whether it be using the pitch bend buttons or making jog wheel/dial adjustments; the pitch should not change if you the KeyLock engaged...

geposted Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 10:18 pm
I hear what you guys are saying but as a DJ who scratches a lot I prefer the way the master tempo currently works. It's activated when doing slow pitch adjustments but as soon as do a scratch the master tempo is automatically dis-engaged. When I used to use Numark CDX's I couldn't scratch at all with the unit's keylock engaged because it would sound all digital and crappy, but not with VDJ.

One solution I can suggest is setting a keyboard shortcut for "pitch bend" rather than "nudge". Pitch bend is subtle and smooth enough to not cause a change in the key of the song whereas nudge tends to make the song jump forward more quickly causing an audible change in the key.

geposted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 10:07 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
One solution I can suggest is setting a keyboard shortcut for "pitch bend" rather than "nudge". Pitch bend is subtle and smooth enough to not cause a change in the key of the song whereas nudge tends to make the song jump forward more quickly causing an audible change in the key.

I've tried all the various actions available and none of them are good enough. Small bend may wash out in less than ideal (club) condition but in other scenario better quality is needed.

For you scratch worries: I get what you mean. That's pretty damned obvious that key lock doesn't go with scratching. If they add a bit of code into some key/button press action to temporarily enable key lock that could only be a problem if you decide to scratch the same time while pressing some bend/nudge button.

geposted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 2:58 pm
I'd like to map some pitch Bend buttons to My Total Control...

I don't need the << LOOP >> buttons.

geposted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 4:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)