Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Slightly Odd Turntable Question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey there guys.
I'm a complete and utter turntable newb. Barely know anything about them.

But anyway. I'm using 1 turntable (Technics SL-1200) with a time coded vinyl with Virtual DJ. All works well and good. Now, my 18 year old sister (who should know better) came and did something very stupid. Rather then carefully placing the tone arm onto the record, she lifted up the tone arm and dropped it onto the platter.

So now the needle/stylus is loose or something because when I lay it on to the record, it flattens straight up. Now, it still works with the music. It plays music fine but, the needle is broken or something. It just flatens straight against the arm =/

I'm not sure if anyone will understand this but hopefully someone will know what I mean. If you have any questions on my situation incase you can give me advice, please ask.

Thank you.

geposted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 6:42 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
It's possible she was too rough with it but one thing to check and see if the weight is to much. Adjust the tonearm weight with less weight (turn backwards) and see if that makes a difference. Overall if it works .. it works. Just make sure the cartridge is not touching and dragging on the TCV.

geposted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 10:40 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)