Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: multicoloured waveform - Page: 3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

We must open our eyes wider and see the possibilities how complicated things are base on the post above i'm sure it is not that much as complicated as you expect because there some user who already did doing colored waveforms in their skins like the preview posted above and even myself have already done that in my skins and we want VDJ supports for the scripting and support this features so that user could integrate some aspects of it in terms of having the VDJ programs to recognized some of the assignments/scripts and values of the waveforms and tell the programs the definite parameters. Right now what we usually just drop a random vignette waveforms on the XML skins without definition in it, like assigning peaks a red color values, blue for the beats and yellow for the lows is not possible yet because VDJ won't recognized that as it is not supported yet. For me as a user, just an opinion i like this to be supported. Thanks

geposted Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 7:27 am
There are many users that have all kinds of issues with stability. My only concern is that adding multi-colored waveforms will increase the amount of processor usage and cause glitching of the sound.

I'm hoping that vdj can be streamlined to be less processor intensive. Multi-colored waveforms sound like a great idea. But, not at the expense of the computer working extra hard to create them.

Maybe if color waveforms are implemented, there could simply be an option to turn them off, or to switch back to a mono color waveform. That might be a good compromise.

IMHO.

geposted Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 5:59 am
It's not processor overloading causing glitches, it's latency that can be caused by various factors. VDJ will run perectly well on a Celeron or an Atom.

Keith

geposted Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 6:50 am
multicolored waveform is realy something that is not needed.. VDJ has given you at least 5 waveform to choose. in these 5 you even have the traktor look and the serato look i prefeer the serato look since i was used to it and dint knew ican change it so i used it a least for like 5 months and it suits me the best :D

colored waveforms i realy dont need..since we have the best waveforms of them all..i mean take a look of Maudio torq waveform jesus what crap it is.

geposted Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 7:28 am
cesarcastillo wrote :
[quote=maki2001]multicolored waveform is realy something that is not needed.. i prefeer the serato look since i was used to it and dint knew ican change it so i used it a least for like 5 months and it suits me the best :D

Hey Maki2001, SERATO waveform is useless as it doesn't indicates anything on, even in the audio spectrum of keys parameters, SERATO programers are crap like they want users to be HANDCUFF by there own limited knowledge. Wake up man VDJ is the best Dj software, user here are well diverse and infinity is our limitation, as i could see that VDJ is the ultimate DJ software that could even work any controllers you've find in the markets. I think multicolored waveform is a good option but it must works to indicate the audio spectrum not like the SERATO CRAPY WAVEFORMS just dump a multicolored vignette graphics in the waves window without any meaning on it. IT IS USELESS SERATO CONCEPT the traktor has a better concept as it does indicate the vocals waveforms according to there tech and i have observe it is obvious in the waveform if you observe that.

Also and addition to that i think the SAMLER WAVEFORM also must be colored. The selection on the sampler is not visible i think this part must also be enhance for fact that we don't know where we are "we can't highlight the sampler selection window" in the sampler "VDJ" have done this STUPID sampler it is HORRIBLE sorry i could not find the right word to wake you up dev team. Thanks.

geposted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 6:03 pm
ViperVin wrote :
No I don't like "your" idea. It isn't needed & the team have more important things to worry about

give me a break vdj wants to know what the users would like to see just cuz some people don't like the idea some do like the idea i think it should be incorporated in to the skin so u can have it or not have it i think its a great idea and would love to see it as would so many people that use vdj this is a place where we are supposed to post things we would love to see in the future we should not be cutting up peoples ideas u dont like the idea thats cool out of respect for other users who would love the feature maybe we could just suggest with the feature to be able to disable and enable as we like. that might have been abit nicer of a comment to leave the your comment.

geposted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 11:44 am
I would love it if Vdj8 use less cpu, but with all that we hope to be in the new software hmm fat chance lol

geposted Fri 13 Jan 12 @ 3:31 pm
How much less do you want it?? I'm running videos on 2 decks at 12-15%!! Is say that's pretty good hell I've seen other users with less while running video. Maybe time to upgrade your gear or atleast optimize it...........

Good Luck
Huey

geposted Fri 13 Jan 12 @ 3:44 pm
Is this needed? Probably not. Do I want it... ABSOLUTELY!

Cool factor is all about DJing. Think about all the devices available and which ones people flock to the most.

visual Eye candy is helps to motivate... but that's about it for me.
I think it's time to consider

geposted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 7:50 pm
@djharryg

Why not make it 3-D so that the graphics card takes on the extra processing needed?

geposted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 7:51 pm
People will ALWAYS flock to turntables before a controller and I highly doubt the customers could careless what your waves look like.........

geposted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 8:16 pm
@beatbreaker
Your right, but think of it in terms of Mojo. The average person isn't going to care what bat a baseball player would use or a ball a bowler would use. As a consumer, you go with a product that you connect with... You know "MOJO"

With that said, if I didn't have to worry about a wall wart or dongle, I would have went with Serato.
Don't get me wrong, I love VDJ for its features, but the rest of the DJs in the community kinda shame all who use anything other than Serato.

Do I care what people think, NO!
But it all comes back to "Mojo"

If a DJ feels more awesome about a product.... Imagine

Also, Used Vinyl for more than 15 years. Loved it! Not really. Being a mobile DJ, it was a HUGE chore for me to carry Techniques and tons of Vinyl around. I make my show work better with lighter equipment. This also allows room for more lighting, which essentially make people dance more...

The market for controllers is booming for this reason. Even club DJs. Everyone I know has completely switched from Vinyl.

geposted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 9:55 am

Good Luck bro
Huey

geposted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 10:25 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
People will ALWAYS flock to turntables before a controller

Can't say I agree with that one Huey. Some of the newer controllers are excellent and space is always an issue, not to mention lugging around a set of decks everywhere. In a club permanent setup decks can sit there, but for me personally decks died circa 1992

beatbreaker1 wrote :
I highly doubt the customers could careless what your waves look like.........

I definitely agree with this one!

Keith

geposted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 12:54 pm
Wasn't talking about other djs I was talking about costumers, club goers. In my experience the general public can't delete to a controller but they can with turntables. That'll probably change in a few years as more and more djs start using controllers.

Good Day
Huey

geposted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 1:36 pm
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Going to resurrect this as the waveforms are one major criticism I get from users of other software that I find hard to disagree with. So more waveform options:

1) "Pretty Waves". Can't define this but Rekordbox, Algoriddim DJay Pro & even Serato all have "prettier" waveform displays.

2) "Frequency-Overlaid" Waveform. That is 3 overlaid waves for bass/mid/treble using different colours or shades similar to Denon Engine Prime / SC5000 and Traktor on the amazing S5/S8 screens

3) Option to enable "EQ-Responsive waveforms". For both "Frequency-Overlaid" and normal scratch waves allow the colours or dynamics to respond to the channels bass/mid/treble EQ settings (as some other software does)

4) Option to enable "Split Slip-Mode Waves". As seen elsewhere, split the upper and lower halves of scratch waves when slip mode engaged (or ScratchDNA) so one half follows the original track and the other follows the temporary play position (engaged loop, slicer, scratchDNA etc)

geposted Tue 19 Jun 18 @ 4:32 pm
That would look amazing

geposted Tue 19 Jun 18 @ 8:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)