Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: multicoloured waveform - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Like serato!!!!do you like my idea?

geposted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:56 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
what is the purpose for colored waveform anyhow? im not a big fan of how it looks myself, but perhaps i dont understand what its for. seems unecessary.

geposted Sat 10 May 08 @ 10:35 pm
yes. i love your idea.

and it's been asked by many other users many times.

the most recent one was a 3D colored wave form.

good luck on your idea.

you have my vote.

geposted Wed 14 May 08 @ 7:54 pm
I like it too. But the waveforms will have to be separate for each deck.
We could have the choice to select coloured or not.

geposted Thu 15 May 08 @ 7:01 pm
still no answer as to why this is actually useful.

geposted Fri 16 May 08 @ 2:04 am
because it's more detailed.

because it looks cool.

because 2 comparable waveforms are better than one overlapping the other.

because vdj is better than serato. and if they can do it, we can do it.

because it will helps us understand the music with out hearing it better than before.

because it's been asked for by many users many times.

because vdj cares about what users request time and time again.

and most importantly of all... because it will put a smile on our face. :)

geposted Fri 16 May 08 @ 9:27 pm
nice one, thanks for a detailed reply ;-)

however, i have to say i dont agree. a time based VU meter doesnt introduce more detail with colors unless you apply certain axioms to it. the colors only look nice but serve no purpose because you cannot see frequency in that kind of view without moving to a spectral scope which is altogether different.

geposted Fri 16 May 08 @ 11:55 pm
now you're getting a bit out of my level of understanding. technical terms

what i do know is that the serato waveform offers more detail in reading the song with out hearing it.

geposted Sat 17 May 08 @ 1:10 pm
No I don't like "your" idea. It isn't needed & the team have more important things to worry about

geposted Sat 17 May 08 @ 11:30 pm
Well, firstly, I have been a long time user of VDJ (it wasn't even called that when I used it first, wasn't even anything like it is now ofc either :P ).

The waveform advancing in its graphical layout is about the only thing I could ask for from VDJ these days. The way that this is done (for those asking) is that low tones get one colour, mid tones get another colour and high tones get another. It is a hell of a lot easier to pick up something you have not listened to in a long time and just mix it in without pre listening to it and also lets you concentrate on other features of the program while still knowing exactly what is happening in the next 15 seconds of a track.

It brings in a lot more forward thought into something.

It brings a lot more control in your mixing.

It is long overdue.

Oh and, ViperFin, the team are here because of its userbase... Unless there are legal reasons as to why they cannot do this, it should be the "more important thing" imo... "The customer is always right" springs to mind. I don't hear people asking for another feature as much as this...

geposted Mon 19 May 08 @ 7:36 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i vote for a colored waveform also.

using serato, i can see where the high hat (high frequency) or "claps" are in a song through waveform because they are blue.

using virtualdj, many times these good scratch sounds are too small to realize. colorizing also helps when scratching words in a song as the waveform is not all the same and you can better tell where a word starts/ends/etc.

Please please please put in a colored waveform!

geposted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 3:18 pm
if serato didnt have the coloured waveform would there be so much interest in it? i dont think i would use it - as is suits me fine!

why do we need to "see" the different sounds when can hear them?

geposted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 5:51 am
I'm okay with the mono-coloured waveform but I would like to see more prominent peaks. I notice when I first load the track the peaks are there but after about a second the waveform shrinks and some of those peaks shrink down to nothing.

geposted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 8:28 am
yikes you should know your library...! ;-)

geposted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 7:34 pm
hate serato ... vdj doent need this

geposted Fri 27 Jun 08 @ 10:54 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i can think of like 3 or 4 djs in my immediate friends circle (of djs) who would purchase and switch to VDJ if it has colored waveforms. yes i know you may all yell at them which is inevitable for "eye djing" instead of "real" djing with headphones but colors make scratching much easier

...especially for those pesky high frequencies that show up as practically nothing in vdj right now

geposted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 4:17 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I dont see anything wrong with colored waves. if it is added it should be done as an option, so if anyone dislikes them its as easy as a mouse click. The benefit to colored waves is that it offers more information for a dj to use. Calling colored waveforms as a cheat is silly becuase Serato is reguarded as the "pros" choice due to its lack of "automatic" features.

geposted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 11:24 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If this kind of thing were implemented, it'd probably be a lot of work - the skins merely specify a graphical region for the waveform display. I wonder if that region could just be "colorized" or something to show a kind of spectrogram. Otherwise, it'd have to pretty much completely ignore the skin, or maybe just use a clipmask or something and totally use its own colors - which would probably be a good way to go about it.

geposted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 3:59 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
The color waves would not have anything to do with the skin but rather how the waves are analyzed. Therefore a user would have the ability to use multi-colored waves or not. Keep in mind if you were to use multi-colored waves you could not use the overlap, they would have to be seperate.

geposted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 8:21 am
djkz wrote :
because it will helps us understand the music with out hearing it better than before.

What the hell does that mean?

geposted Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 10:03 pm
35%