Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ using TCV to scratch videos videos?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have yet to see any video of this VDJ being used with VDJ wax being used for VIDEO scratching or rather video scratched by a turntablist or someone who is capable of doing more than a rub back and forth. Do they exist? I been on Youtube and other places and I can not find one. I see some real simple cuts but I want to know if thing can do what the competiition because cost effectiively I'd rather go with VDJ. I know it has more to offer in video mixing but I also am a Turnatbale guy and I like mixing and scratching my records/TVCs. I want this product but I haven't come across any videos to impress me on this. I knwo what the 57 SL can do and I've used it. Does anyone know can see some one using VDJ cutting and scratching up videos using the TCVs. Looking for direct links not :there ion youtube" because I tried an extensive search.

Thank you. And YES! I will buy the product if it impresses me! (I figuire I better add that because its always the first thing said when someoen answers my post - ha ha).

geposted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 6:11 am
I think the reason you have not seen hard, quick scratches with either sertao vidoe or VDJ video is that; Well to be honest - the crossfader moves faster than the computer can interpret the movements.

So you can have fast cuts, just maybe not mad orbits or quick stabbs

also search on the general discussion forum for video remixes - particularly one done by ConQuest/Icy Ice; they do some nice video/table work

geposted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 8:43 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the Virtual Vinyl demo that you can find on youtube (and i would if it was not filtered at work :) was a pretty good example of video scratching..

On the other hand listening to scratches are much easier on the mind then watching crazy fast moving, stuttering, seizure enducing videos. To mix with videos i think its best not to over do the technology, just because you can do something doen't mean you should.

geposted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 2:28 pm
Thanks for the respsonses. I did check the one out with Icey Ice and I can notice an obvious pause in the video when he mixng it and he never did anything too crazy probably for the reasons I suspect. Thats why I am very weary being a vinyl/TCV only mixer to come on board just yet. Like I said I need some investigation and research before buying...thats why I was hoping for a visual example. I'v eheard peopel say it can do this and that but no one can point me to a video (a DIRECT LINK) to show it. I do appreciate the time for the responses though.

As for the other stuff it is indeed possible. You can scratch crazy fast and have th evideo keep up. I've done it with software/hardware/TCV combo. The Serato 57 SL doed do it. But its also more than I can afford. So I know the technology can do it. Its just a question of whether Virtual DJ can do it for me that way.

But as I said I am loving what I am seeing so far and I downloaded the trial now I am just really debating it. I guess I just want to be sure what I am commiting to.

geposted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 11:06 pm
PS....yes I know the pause in the Icey Ice video was due to his graphics card or some other reason and not the software...thanks again!

geposted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 11:07 pm

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 12:55 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 7:24 pm
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!!!!

Thank you guys...now I AM 100% impressed. I'll be talking to my local store this week!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

geposted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 2:11 am
PS - Man those were some dope videos...SUPER you made a believer! I enjoyed that emmensely. Did you do that?. Both vids were amazing though.

geposted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 2:15 am
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
djkrackajack wrote :
PS - Man those were some dope videos...SUPER you made a believer! I enjoyed that emmensely. Did you do that?. Both vids were amazing though.

Yep, check my youtube, u have real live club recordings too..
www.youtube.com/DjSuperPimp
:0)

geposted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 9:06 am
Thanks I just bookmarked and will check it out when I get home...thanks for the links again!

geposted Thu 01 May 08 @ 5:03 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)