Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound card may be causing VDJ silence???

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Every so often, and twice last night in the first half hour, complete silence was coming from virtual DJ. What I had to do was to unplug the USB soundcard and plug it back in. Weird workaround, wouldn't you agree? Sound comes back.
I run a 2 gB ram shuttle with a 256MB dedicated video card and a Behringer USB (not vey expensive) sound card I am running the sound setup on "auto" latency, at fast performance.

What do ya think might be going on?

geposted Thu 22 May 08 @ 7:28 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
One word: Behringer. If it has newer drivers you might try that and update DirectX also.
Avoid Behringer gear if you can.

geposted Thu 22 May 08 @ 10:49 am
Not sure if it has specific drivers, it just the real simple 29 dollar usb device that came with the Behringer 1404FX Mixer?

geposted Fri 23 May 08 @ 8:06 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I am not familiar with that card, can you write down exact model number to look for it online?

geposted Fri 23 May 08 @ 8:50 am
hi ive just got the demo at the mo but when ive got my headphones on no noise from the speakers on my pc

geposted Sun 25 May 08 @ 10:54 am
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Apologies in advance if this sounds really stupid or obvious, although i don't know your sound card or the real reason this might happen, I have had a problem that matches your description perfectly.

My solution, ensure all usb hardware or is connected before powering up your laptop. Iv never had a problem since.

Hope you get it fixed, Enjoy!

geposted Mon 26 May 08 @ 7:22 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ-ALF wrote :
I am not familiar with that card, can you write down exact model number to look for it online?

I think his is Behringer UCA200 U-Control soundcard as it came with the mixer. I don't think it is available as a separate device. I have one that came with my 1832fx xenyx mixer but never use it for djing or sound till now.

@ bryantpb, u could try to update the driver at the hardware tab at the system sound panel. It could be named as USB audio device. Sorry can't be much of help.

Regards.

geposted Mon 26 May 08 @ 2:06 pm
thx, I'll try that.

Anyone else??

geposted Wed 28 May 08 @ 8:48 pm
Try disabling power management on all of your USB root hubs in device manager (under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" heading).

geposted Wed 28 May 08 @ 11:05 pm
What precisely takes effect when this is Disabled?

geposted Fri 30 May 08 @ 10:54 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
bryantpb wrote :

I think this means that windows will not turn the power off to hubs in order to save power they will be continuously on when a device is connected, which means that the device will not suddenly be turn off.

I've done it to my hubs.

geposted Fri 30 May 08 @ 12:27 pm
Why would they turn off to save power if you are not usimg a battery, but plugged in instead?

geposted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 10:07 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
bryantpb wrote :
Why would they turn off to save power if you are not usimg a battery, but plugged in instead?

Because windows is crap, lol.

it does some strange things when it wants too. I would do it, just in case, it won't harm anything.

geposted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 10:19 am
bryantpb wrote :

Quite simply, it keeps the power on for your USB devices.

Windows API controls this feature, and it does not have to be on battery to be active. It turns off the power to USB devices that it thinks have been idle for awhile unless you manually disable it as described, or unplug and replug it, as you have described. I think it has to do with Energy Star compliance or something - I'm not 100% sure. As Jimmy said, it won't harm anything to do, and could very well solve your issue ;)

geposted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 2:09 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)