Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Setting bpm of one song according to another previously set song.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I looked to see if this was requested already, and couldnt find it, so here goes:

Say you're mixing along with music you've pre-bpm'd, someone requests a song that you have, but hasn't been "prepared". Using traditional techniques, i sync em up and get them running together pretty well. I switch over to the "unprepared" song, and suddenly using looped samples is not an option and mixing in to the NEXT song has to be manual. What im asking, is that when the two songs are running together, can i get a shortcut/button that sets the bpm of one deck to the other (taking into account speed offsets)? A confirm window would be neccesary for this feature (so you dont screw over something accidentally). Aynone else like this idea?

geposted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 10:18 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i love it.

but think there's gonna be a dilemna if the pitch sliders are zero.
say the song with the correct bpm is currently playing with pitch at +2 and the new song without a bpm is +3 or -1 (theyr both synced) ... what bpm should it pick from the other deck?

geposted Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 9:51 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Actually the feature exists already, it's available through Edit BPM menu ("Edit BPM" tab > "Copy from other deck" button) when the track is loaded on deck.

You can assign shortcut under ryhtm > edit_bpm to open the edit bpm window, but a function copy_deck should be implemented as a shortcut for a faster access.

Regards.

geposted Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 11:14 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
function: pitch(auto)

geposted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 1:39 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
u hit a brick wall with this feature tho.

supposing ur mixing different songs and one song is faster than the other but the dj has them both synced. If 2 songs are playing and their synced one would want a feature which they could get the bpm of the new song from the other deck even tho they arent the same bpm.

with the feature as it is right now u cant do anything with it in ^^ that situation. so how about take the feature to the next level and use it with different speeds of songs.

geposted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 2:24 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)