Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX, full video mixing, what laptop?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I purchased a gateway p6860-fx about 9 days ago and I'm on the verge of returning it. The thing has been nothing but problems. My question is this.... is anyone out there running the Hercules RMX problem free with full video, and if so, what laptop are you using?

geposted Sat 12 Jul 08 @ 12:58 pm
Indeed I am. I have two, one for each platform: a MacBook Pro, but as I'm more experienced with Windows, my primary laptop for the last couple of months has been a Gateway T628 (I believe... I'm AT a Sweet 16 right now, on the hotel's wireless, so I don't want to turn my laptop upside down during dinner to look at the model number). A friend recommended it to me, and I half expected to return it after two week, but it's been terrific.

geposted Sat 12 Jul 08 @ 9:32 pm
cool what are the specs on that rig? How did your sweet 16 gig go for you?

geposted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 2:47 am
It went terrific! Thank you for asking.

The Gateway T-1628 has a dual cord AMD 2.0 processor, 250 Gig Hard drive, 3 Gig of RAM, ATI 256 Meg Video, running Vista Home Premium.

This one was apparently only available at Best Buy, and from the looks of it tonight, is gone, which is a shame, because I was saving up to buy another one.

http://computershopper.com/reviews/gateway-t-1628-laptop-review

I may have just suggested a laptop you can't get anymore... if so, I'm sorry.

geposted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 3:42 am
lol it's cool, I appreciate it none the less. What I'm noticing on these forums is that the ATI cards seem to do a much better job with vdj than nvidia cards. My plan is to take my laptop into best buy for a diagnostics check over the next couple days (they give you 14 days from purchase). If the test reveals a faulty product I'm going to return it for full refund.....if not (rather than paying a $200 'restocking' fee) I'll just need to put in a lot of extra work to make this one functional....I know it can be done, but I might need to downgrade the OS.

geposted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 9:10 am
no MSN, but I'm on AIM and YAHOO messenger, as well as the ever popular myspace IM and facebook chat............lol it seems that MSN is the only service I'm not using.

oh and to answer your question, before I had the rmx hooked up I had no issues with vdj simply running on my laptop.

geposted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 6:58 pm
Worked with his system for a few hours and seems to be workin in WDM mode great now.

geposted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 9:44 pm
Brian I cannot thank you enough for your help! The fact that you were willing to take the time out of your day to help a complete stranger speaks volumes about your character. I'm new to this, but none the less I'm thoroughly impressed by the strength of the VDJ community and its members. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions before long lol. I'm gonna hook up the external monitor tomorrow sometime and I'll let you know how that goes!

geposted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 1:19 am
Ahh it was only a few hours on gotomypc..... Thanks for the kind words.. Lemme know:)

What can I say I can Feeeeaaakksta Viiiiiiiiiiiista:)

geposted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 2:02 am
bad news.....the dropouts have returned, and now the video isn't working...i keep getting an error message about the video drivers. this thing is going back. guess I'm just gonna have to eat the $200 :(

geposted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 8:56 pm
marsoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hi all i need to know what controller i should use for vdj as i want to use this in the clubs i have a hercules mark 1 now and i cant switch the video seperately would a controller like the m-audio xponent work for the audio side and then use maybe an m-audio trigger finger for effects and could this be assigned to switch the video accross seperately from the audio .I know this all works perfect by using a mouse and indeed vdj 5.1 is what im on now is really excellent but im not sure on the external hardware and how it will work anyone out there understand what i mean thanks dj marso..........................

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 10:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)