Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Jog Dials....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

....that don't affect the Key of the track, just the Tempo.

That would be cool.

The Numark Total Control's jog dials change the key when you adjust them.

That sucks.

geposted Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 11:54 pm
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same situation with my MKII. I hope I'm not missing something. Can this be fixed?

My temp fix is to use the pitch buttons. I notice I don't have this problem using the pitch (-/+).

So my jogs are used for some scratching & I use the pitch because it doesn't effect the key drastically.

FLeX

geposted Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 7:07 am
Flex69,
You are not missing anything. This is just the way it is written in the software.

I bet, that it is this way because it allows for more realistic scratching.

But I don't scratch.

I mix. And I would like to use my Jog Dials as pitch bend dials. The same way it is an option on CD players.

Pitch Bend mode or scratch mode.

Enough of us have to ask for it if we want to see it implemented.

geposted Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 6:58 pm
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I agree with you DJChris.

The only reason I'm using it the way I am, is because I can't use the jog dials for pitch bend without the key.

FLeX

geposted Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 8:24 am
I have the same situation with my CDJ-400. I really wouldlike to have the master tempo apply on the JogWheel. It seams, for me, very, very important for mixes... (sorry for my very bad english)

geposted Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 6:50 pm
PRESTIGE SONORISATION wrote :
I have the same situation with my CDJ-400. I really wouldlike to have the master tempo apply on the JogWheel. It seams, for me, very, very important for mixes... (sorry for my very bad english)

extremely important, mon ami.

Flex69 wrote :
I agree with you DJChris.

The only reason I'm using it the way I am, is because I can't use the jog dials for pitch bend without the key.

FLeX

Domo arigato gozaimus.

I'm no programmer, but it can't be more than a few lines of code; considering it's such a small request for such an important function....

geposted Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 4:41 pm
IMHO, It would be cool if the Numark Total Control could be optioned to respond like this:

When the center "SCRATCH" button is lit, the key should be affected when the jog dials are manipulated. Similiar to turntables being manipulated or adjusted. This way you can still scratch. (Why someone would try to scratch with a NTC is beyond me.)

When the "SCRATCH" button is not lit, the key should remain UNaffected when manipulated. Silimiar to CD players, when the "KEY" function is engaged.
This way, you can speed up or slow down the track using the Jog Dials without affecting the Key of the track.

geposted Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 8:42 pm
Maybe as an option in the Config Menu?

geposted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 4:51 am
YES !!! I hope so to

geposted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 5:16 pm
SO HAPPY this got fixed in VDJ Prp 6.0.1!!!!

Thank you!!!

geposted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 2:17 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)