Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 5

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I can't vouch for it on Vista (scrapped that crap 2 months ago, and the constant headache went with it). My system is XP. In the device manager, it is simply called USB Audio Device (under the heading "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers"). If you have more than one, it would be up to you to figure out which one would be your hardware.

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:03 pm
i have just started using the djio as the soundcard for my laptop (vista 64 bit), with the dmc2 controller. I have a few audio problems. one of the reasons that i bought the DJIO is because the audio coming out of laptop sounded glitchy. If i loaded another sonf or used any features it sounded good, but if i would just let it play it would act up. I added the DJIO and it sounds great for awhile. After a bit it sounds real scracthy. To fix it i go in and change the latency and it works temporarily then does it again. I have it set in safe mode running version 5.0
PLease help i have a gig tomorrow and hate to have this happen again

Thanks

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 3:50 pm
I bought a Numark Total control back in December (I have since given it to one of my sons). The DJ IO didn't work properly with my Toshiba Qosmio X305 laptop. After a ton of research and digging around on the internet I found that the IO or TC isn't compatible with 64 bit Vista. I raised hell with Numark and they claimed that they would add the fine print to their subsequent unit manuals and on their website. They didn't have an answer for me regarding if they would ever support it or not. Your problem may be 64 bit Vista if they still haven't released a firmware update fixing the issue.

I also had the same exact issue with the Pioneer MEP-7000, Pioneer told me they would probably not offer support for Vista 64 either. They issued an addendum to the MEP-7000 manual but the website still does not reflect this discrepancy. I have a DMC2 with a Numark C3USB mixer that works awesome with 64 bit Vista. Same with my Pioneer CDJ-400's and DJM-800 mixer.

Have you thought about returning the DJ IO and using that money toward a Numark C3USB mixer? That will solve all of your issues and give you a tangible way to mix instead of using the cross fader feature on VDJ. You really need a mixer and the C3USB offers everything you need to work with your DMC2, VDJ and your computer plus this mixer has a built-in soundcard.

DJ RuDe

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 4:16 pm
hello, what about the NS7?? does this is really true??

i undertand that the ns7 is also a midi controller and can be maped on the software of your choice right?? but... the thing is that some one from numark told me on a email response that the jogwheels platters cannot be mappable for scratching like on ITCH that they spin....
if this is true the Numark guys that created this controller are going to loose a lot of money by making the NS7 so limited in relation of the software because i did my research and not only us users of VirtualDJ are having the spining platters problems in other forums it been tryed to be mapped on torq, pcdj and traktor.

can a NUMARK person that actually work in the creation of the NS7 can answer? does the Ns7 can be COMPLEATLY MAPPABLE INCLUDING THE SPINNING PLATTERS LIKE ON ITCH??

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 6:39 pm
Hi, I'm using VDJ on my 15" Macbook pro with ICDX. I recently updated to VDJ 6, but there seem to be a real problem with the jog wheel being effective for scratching. It holds the song for scratching only after pressing the wheel twice, and the timing is still not perfect. I cannot use this effectively in the club.... i've tried last night and had to refrain from scratching and 'pulling up the track' or 'wheeling out'. I've tried almost everything to adjust the mapping for pro scratching, but no luck. Any fixes?

geposted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 3:30 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi all
I own a DMC2 and a CDN 95. I fancy having a go at mapping the CDN 95 to use in place of the DMC2 as a standby or just to have fun using a multi instance setup with 4 identical decks. Has anyone played with mapping one of these? Or addapting an existing mapper to drive the CDN 95.

Thanks

Daz

geposted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 9:34 pm
DJlongside,

This is a known issue at the moment. The only way you can sctatch would be to pull the wheel forward then it will allow you to manipulate it.

a few other controllers have this problem in v6

hopefully they fix it soon...

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 12:41 am
i have just started using the djio as the soundcard for my laptop (vista 64 bit), with the dmc2 controller. I have a few audio problems. one of the reasons that i bought the DJIO is because the audio coming out of laptop sounded glitchy. If i loaded another sonf or used any features it sounded good, but if i would just let it play it would act up. I added the DJIO and it sounds great for awhile. After a bit it sounds real scracthy. To fix it i go in and change the latency and it works temporarily then does it again. I have it set in safe mode running version 5.0
PLease help i have a gig tomorrow and hate to have this happen again

Thanks

well i made it throught i just ran out of the headphone output and into my mixer, so the DJIO is not compatible with 64bit vista for sure? If not will there be an update for the DJIO or is it just going to be a paperweight? What suck is that i talked to a numark tech before i purchased it and gave them my pc specs and they said it would work perfect

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 2:45 pm

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 10:10 pm
So... I dont find any comment or solution for THE iCDX issue ,when you touch the wheel. At least can happen once in the middle of a gig so they are usessles ,whats new with that??? I got them storage always what a waste of money if our intention was to be used w/ Virtual at least we have any hope? they gona work Honestly tell us

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 2:19 am
Dazmax wrote :
I own a DMC2 and a CDN 95. I fancy having a go at mapping the CDN 95 to use in place of the DMC2 as a standby or just to have fun using a multi instance setup with 4 identical decks. Has anyone played with mapping one of these? Or addapting an existing mapper to drive the CDN 95.

Sorry, the CDN 95 cannot be mapped to VirtualDJ because unlike the DMC-2, it is not a MIDI controller. The only way to use it with VirtualDJ is via timecode CD's and a suitable 4-in, 4-out ASIO sound card.

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 7:55 am
noodlecop wrote :
Can you Numark HDmix with Virtual Dj to mix audio and video files?

No - The HDMix is not a MIDI controller. It is an all-in-one stand-alone media player designed to play music directly from its own internal hard disk or USB media.

The mixer section does have external line inputs, so you could use it as a DJ mixer for an external source, such as the sound from your computer (As with any other hardware DJ mixer), but it cannot control VirtualDJ in any way, not even via the timecode because there are no separate audio outputs from the internal media players.

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 8:04 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks for the reply
So am I correct in thinking that the midi control socket on the CDN 95 is only to allow you to control the cd players functions from an external midi control unit and that it dosent output midi signals itself?

Daz

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 1:07 pm
ASSPOPHome userMember since 2009
Hi, I'm using VDJ on my 15" Macbook pro with ICDX. I recently updated to VDJ 6, but there seem to be a real problem with the jog wheel being effective for scratching. It holds the song for scratching only after pressing the wheel twice, and the timing is still not perfect. I cannot use this effectively in the club.... i've tried last night and had to refrain from scratching and 'pulling up the track' or 'wheeling out'. I've tried almost everything to adjust the mapping for pro scratching, but no luck. Any fixes?

omg.. i have the same problem.. it seems like like its really sensitive.. and I cant manually mix at all cause there is a short pause after u try to manually let go of the jog wheel! but when i was using the 6.0 trial.. for some reason it was working fine.. Then i tried the 6.01 and it was giving me the same problem.. ughh.. I only have like 15 more days for the trial.. i really want to buy this software, but I don't want to be using the sync button to mix my music.. btw im using the numark omni control.. I also have a problem is that when my pc is shut down or restarted, i open up the program and it doesn't recognize the omni, i have to press reset to default settings for it to see it again.. i dont understand though.. cause i reinstalled 6.0 trial and it wasn't working right too after I installed 6.01.. ughh..

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:52 pm
Yours, its only a problem of not working with precision maybe because Mac plataform and icdx ,but ours .. in this case, the icdx crashes Virtual at the touch of the Jog at any time during a gig, not complete crash but it will flip the controllers slides volumes some of the functions etc at the point to have sound drop, stop etc in the middle of a full dance floor( that is scarry!) yours is a minor Issue .Ours makes the iCDXs usseless .Because that is not a issue it is a problem for the dj, all buttoms are mapped nice and scratch is good ,but having that problem that can come at any time during a gig, makes them usseles untill we have an Answer to fix this.
my system of mixing
1 gb dedicated graphics
4 gb ram mem.
dual core pentium
External HD
Maya soundCard I use controllers DMC2s, DAC3s , iCDXs??I tryed Hercules (varios), Pioneers 400s. P 800s w/timecodes etc
mixers Rane, I try Denon etc etc this is for mixin.
Can some one HELp anybody Using iCDX with V6

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 1:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
devasty1 wrote :
Yours, its only a problem of not working with precision maybe because Mac plataform and icdx ,but ours .. in this case, the icdx crashes Virtual at the touch of the Jog at any time during a gig, not complete crash but it will flip the controllers slides volumes some of the functions etc at the point to have sound drop, stop etc in the middle of a full dance floor( that is scarry!) yours is a minor Issue .Ours makes the iCDXs usseless .Because that is not a issue it is a problem for the dj, all buttoms are mapped nice and scratch is good ,but having that problem that can come at any time during a gig, makes them usseles untill we have an Answer to fix this.

You have other issues and it's not the iCDX ... I use it and don't have the problem you describe. You should start your own topic and be more descriptive of your setup .... Soundcard, all controllers being used ... etc.

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 1:44 pm
Dazmax wrote :
So am I correct in thinking that the midi control socket on the CDN 95 is only to allow you to control the cd players functions from an external midi control unit and that it dosent output midi signals itself?

Correct. The CDN-95 is a CD player only and cannot control DJ software (Except via timecode CD's, just like any other standard DJ CD player.)

The DMC-2 is the software controller equivalent of the CDN-95 (Very similar layout, but with buttons optimised for Cue/VDJ.)

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:14 pm
for those with the icdx acting up in the middle of a gig. i have narrowed it down to power. this friday i will be trying my djo powered via the power and not just usb.

as well this morning i removed the platter from my icdx and cleaned around it. i found a lot dirt there and maybe this is my issue. i also applied lite grease and the platter is so much smoother.

there is still an issue with the scratching on vdj 6 and i hope they fix it.

cstoll setting my sound card to 1024 in the control panel is that safer?

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:40 pm
MatthysHome userMember since 2009
I just purchased a Numark Omni Control, and I am trying to install the drivers for it. When I click on the "setup.exe" it says to run the 64 bit version? Can I get this anywhere? I've checked Numarks site already and it's not there.

geposted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 12:03 am
Obviously you are running 64 bit Vista correct? Go to http://www.numark.com/omnicontrol and see if they have an update for it. I had the same problem as you back in DEC/JAN using other Numark products, I called their teh support and they told me they didn't know when and if they were even going to support it or not. A couple of months ago the NS7 came out which does support Vista 64, I heard that all of their other products too may be supported now so check out their website and good luck!

DJ RuDe

geposted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 2:26 pm
6%