Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 38

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi everyone, i just bought a mc3000, but can't get it work with either Traktor LE or Virtual DJ7 ( i got the pro version of it, which i used with my previous ADJ VMS4), something wrong with the ASIO "error in the asio sound driver for sound card is probably not connected...", but when i check the ASIO control panel, everything was ok. I used ASIO v2.2 and latest firmware for the mc3000.

Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks a lot!

geposted Sat 09 Mar 13 @ 5:43 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ever since upgrading to ver 7.4 I can no longer get 2 HS5500s to work. Virtualdj only sees one in midi mode!
I'm using mc6000 as mixer plus the 2 hs5500s.

geposted Sat 30 Mar 13 @ 10:02 pm
I did exactly that a few days ago. VDJ saw both 5500s.

Are you sure they're both on/ticked/enabled in the Denon ASIO window?

Unfortunately although they connect, the longstanding issue with warbling audio when the platter is rotating remains.

geposted Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 10:37 am
fndj1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anyone struggled with VDJ 7.4 and DN-S3700's in MIDI mode? No problems with 7.3 but after I installed 7.4 the 3700's do everything but PLAY! Any thoughts?

geposted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 9:19 am

geposted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 11:33 am
ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm having trouble configuring my 3900 in hybrid mode.
I am using the 3900 with a DJ-Tech SoundboxPro sound card (4 inputs, 4 outputs).

After pressing play, it takes approximately 4 seconds before I hear sound, but after that, I can only hear the control tone as the output (no music).

The output of my 3900 goes to the Soundbox input, the output of the Soundbox card goes to my mixer.
USB out of the 3900 and Soundbox card goes to my laptop.

I only see a square shaped graph for my timecode signal, if I slow the platter with my finger then I can see a roughly normal shaped circular signal.

This occurs in Relative or Absolute modes.

Using VDJ version 7.4, HP laptop, i5, 4GB Ram.
VDJ settings:
Vinyl setting: Other (relative mode only) 2000hz, External mixer, Soundcard: ASIO (tried both Denon and SoundboxPro)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
ClayDJ

geposted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 9:57 am
Sounds as if the Soundbox is maybe passing the 3900 signal straight through to the output.

Has the Soundbox got an ASIO config app? If it has, check to see if there's a direct monitoring option, and turn it off.

Other than that, as long as your ins and outs are set properly in VDJ you should be good to go.

I have to ask though, why you're bothering doing it that way when the 3900 has native VDJ support?

geposted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 10:37 am
Thanks for your input (again) GroovinDJ!

I used this link: (http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-S3700.html) to configure my 3900 (even though the link for the 3700).

If the 3900 is indeed now native, I am still unable to scratch while in the vinyl mode. In fact I do not hear any sound at all while in the vinyl mode (the platter only rotates).

When vinyl mode is turned off (now in bend mode), yes there is audio but no scratching or bending. The platter rotates when in bend mode, but manipulating the disc does nothing.

This problem may be due to the map that I am using?
I am still currently using the Atomix 3900 hybrid map by jpboggis.

Is there a newly released native 3900 map out that I should be using?
Can I change something in the current Hybrid map?
Maybe one of my settings are wrong?

Thanks again for your help,
ClayDJ

geposted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 9:31 pm
The native support is not functional yet for the active platters until the new firmware to support this is released by Denon, which should be very soon.

If you are getting a square waveform, then it means that your timecode input signal is far too high. If your sound card has a control panel, try turning the input level down. Otherwise, in timecode config, try adjusting the GAIN knob. Also, make sure that Apply RIAA phono filter is not ticked in Timecode Debug.

geposted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 10:02 pm
GroovinDj, you mentioned that VDJ already supports the 3900 in native mode, please let me know how to configure for it?

Currently in hybrid mode I am unable to hear audio.
I can see that the Soundbox Pro soundcard is receiving tone from the 3900.
VDJ also see's the signal, and I adjusted for a nice clean timecode signal in the timecode setup.

The platter will only control VDJ when in the absolute mode (the other smart relative or relative modes, the VDJ player does not move at all).

Something strange; the 3900 will control VDJ, but none of the VDJ UI buttons will control the controller (pressing the UI play button will not start the VDJ player, but if I press the controller's play button then VDJ will play).

My sound config:
deck 1 = Soundbox Pro USB (ASIO) = output 1&2
Timecode 1 = Soundbox Pro USB (ASIO) driver = input 1&2

The Soundbox Pro is also an ASIO driver. I deleted the Denon ASIO driver and are currently using the Sound box Pro ASIO driver. If I try and use both ASIO drivers together, it causes even more problems than what I'm experiencing now.

Is the actual hybrid tone control sent through the analog rca cable, or is it sent through the usb cable?
Is it possible for two different ASIO devices work together without affecting each other?

I'm guessing that my configuration is wrong somewhere since no one else is having this issue, please help me figure out how to get audio output!

Thanks again,
Claydj

geposted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 12:34 pm
I found the problem!
It was the UI PFL button in the 'on' position.

I still have to do some testing, but it seems that when the PFL buttons for each player is activated, they will stop and start the 3900 when in relative mode, and with the platter rotating it will terminate audio when in the absolute mode.

At least I get sound and control now! :)

Just still a bit confused on what's going on with the actions pf these PFL buttons...

Clay

geposted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 8:02 pm
My problem was solved by a lot of trial and error;
For 3900 hybrid operation, VDJ must be in 'CD' mode in the config options page (at least with my setup).
I did not find this requirement previously documented anywhere here for the hybrid 3900.

Hope this helps anyone else who may come across this problem.

Works great now!
ClayDJ

geposted Tue 23 Apr 13 @ 12:26 pm
djmidzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anyone heard anything about the firmware update from denon for the sc3900s to work in full midi with vdj pro 7.4. Also can someone tell me how you set up the sound cards on my sc3900s to work with vdj .. For some reason It won't let me use them, even though it shows them as an option. Thanks all Jon

geposted Wed 24 Apr 13 @ 3:11 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Guys, the SC3900 firmware update that includes VDJ 7.4 support is scheduled for release this Monday, May 13, YAY !

geposted Fri 10 May 13 @ 12:10 pm
bgottiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I need help with the sound setup my hc4500 & a mac. Version 7.4. Thanks

geposted Fri 10 May 13 @ 2:12 pm
bgottiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Nevermind i figured it out

geposted Fri 10 May 13 @ 2:21 pm
This weekend I had a small disaster (TWICE)!
2-DN-S3700
1-X1600
Asus N76VJ
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Windows 7
Intel® HM76 Chipset
DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 16 GB SDRAM
17.3" HD+ (1600x900)/Full HD (1920x1080)/Wide View Angle LED Backlight
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 635M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM
2-1TB 7200 RPM HD

After about an hour into my gig (high school Prom)the song on deck 2 went from awesome to distorted in about 15 seconds.
I had to stop the music, restart (VDJ) and start the song over.
Then is happened again about 2 hours later.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
DJOPT

geposted Mon 13 May 13 @ 4:00 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
SC2900 & SC3900 Media Player Firmware Updates now available! (v1100)

You can now use VDJ 7.4 with native spinning support, however...

SC3900:
VDJ 7.4 (Win) + SC3900 v1100 = No problem
VDJ 7.4 (Mac) + SC3900 v1100 = There is a known USB Audio problem, VDJ & Denon DJ teams are working on it.

SC2900:
VDJ 7.4 (Win) + SC2900 v1100 = No problem
VDJ 7.4 (Mac) + SC2900 v1100 = There is a known USB Audio problem, VDJ & Denon DJ teams are working on it.

New features (integrating with all new update version of Engine music management software) plus legacy function optimizations & fixes.

Select your model and download.
http://usa.d-mpro.com/us/denondj/Products/Pages/ProductListing.aspx?CatId=MediaPlayers

Please Note: Mac does work with the SC models using an external audio device

geposted Tue 14 May 13 @ 10:14 am
olyndtaylor wrote :
This weekend I had a small disaster (TWICE)!
2-DN-S3700
1-X1600
Asus N76VJ
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Windows 7
Intel® HM76 Chipset
DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 16 GB SDRAM
17.3" HD+ (1600x900)/Full HD (1920x1080)/Wide View Angle LED Backlight
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 635M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM
2-1TB 7200 RPM HD

After about an hour into my gig (high school Prom)the song on deck 2 went from awesome to distorted in about 15 seconds.
I had to stop the music, restart (VDJ) and start the song over.
Then is happened again about 2 hours later.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
DJOPT

You have set your latency setting on the DENONDJ ASIO driver too low. Increase it a notch or two and you should be fine.

PS: If this ever happens again just open config and hit "Apply" on the sound settings. This will reset the ASIO driver and the audio distortion will go away. Also because of the way DN-S3700 works (motorized platters) it would be better if you turn the motor of the decks off before hitting apply (just press the jog mode button first to switch from classic vinyl to jog mode)
PS2: When you hit apply the audio will stop for a few msec (typically as many msec as your ASIO buffer)

geposted Tue 14 May 13 @ 11:15 am
I have the 3900, VDJ 7.04 and just downloaded the latest 1100 software.
When in the normal mldl mode, my platters are not spinning, and no response when I press play.

I am using the VDJ 3900 hybrid map.
Is there a 3900 (non-hybrid) map required?

Thanks in advance,
Claydj

geposted Tue 14 May 13 @ 10:11 pm
85%