Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 37

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to use 4 decks with my Denon HC 4500. 1 and 2 are fine, but 3 and 4 do not have audio but I see a waveform scrolling. What have I not done right?

Windows 7 64 bit
VDJ 7.3 Pro
Asio version 1.006

I tried some earlier links to the asio driver but they were dead and I can't log onto Denon right now I am on the road without my password.

geposted Sat 08 Dec 12 @ 4:30 pm
DJSoulman wrote :
My Denon MC6000 screwed up in the middle of my nightclub gig last night :(

One of the faders seems to have a dodgy connection with the motherboard. Couldn't get any sound in the right player and had to use my backup iPod that is always running, rebooted the computer from scratch twice and still had the same problem. Had to use the left player in auto playlist mode for the last hour. When I got home I checked everything. I was using PC mix so I switched to Int mix to work with audio, same problem. Just sliding channel 3 fader up and down caused the onscreen fader in VirtualDJ to erratically rise and fall uncontrollably when in MIDI mode. When in audio mode the sound was doing exactly the same.

It's been arranged for its return for repairs under warranty, but, I have tonights gig and next weekends 2 gigs to do with it and I don't have any alternative backup. I usually only use 3 channels, 2 & 3 for the players and 4 for the iPod. I have reconfigured to use 1 & 4 channels for decks 3 & 4 and put the iPod on channel 2 so as not to use the faulty fader on channel 3. I could probably have done this last night, but, in the heat of battle with a full nightclub and a busy dancefloor and not sure exactly what the problem was, did the best I could think of at the time. Last resort the iPod would have carried me to the end of the night.

Was a bit stressful and no doubt I will be nervous tonight and next weekend. Hope it goes OK.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Exactly a year has gone by and this replacement Denon MC6000 has done exactly the same at my gig last night. Same channel 3 fader too! Seems to be a common fault.

Have kept my VCI-100 as a backup, pleased I did.

Another irate phone call to be made tomorrow, just glad I took out the 3 year extended warranty. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

geposted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 5:09 am
right now i dj with the DN-s3500's and the way i have my music organized is i have like 200+ songs on Mp3 cd's. so for an example = i mark that cd top 40 & then i use a program call mp3 printer which prints out list of songs of whats on that mp3 cd.and i keep all these sheets in a binder/book. in different sections. top 40,country,rap,ect,ect. so after i put in a mp3 cd instead of having to look through hundreds of song all i have to do is look at my sheet for like song 102 & then on the screen on the dn-s3500 i just scroll hella fast to (File No. 102) and paly it. (because the dn-s3500) can search by (File.No) just like it says in my owners manual. well i just ordered a pair of denon Dns-3700's well these things dont searh by (File.No) ? only by artist,title, ect,ect. well the problem now is if i have alot of songs on a mp3 cd & or hard drive & usb flash drive. it takes forever to look for a certain songs. yes i no i can go into midi mode and hook it up to my laptop (which i am) but just as a back up option in case something goes wrong with my laptop & can put in cd's and keep the party rocking. so i sent them back & now thinking about getting DN-HS5500's and or denon sc3900's well after a long story my question is = does the DN-HS5500 and or denon sc3900 search by (File.No) i tried reading through the owners manual but cant find an answer. i dont want to buy it just to send it back. thanx for all the info my fellow dj's

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 10:27 pm
The search on the HS-5500 is pretty good (and far easier if you connect a keyboard).

How are your files named and tagged?

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 5:33 am
my current setup is 2 denon dn-s3500's,regular 2channel numark mixer,maya44,virtual dj using time code,and my laptop. well my dumb question is. i plan on getting rid of my mixer & maya44. since the american audio 10mxr already has a built in sound card. will i still be able to control my platters like scratching,mixing ,ect,ect ? so i wont need to use timecode right ? so all i need to do is plug in my 3500's into the mixer & usb to my laptop fire up VDJ and im good to go ? thanx for any help my fellow DJ's

geposted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 3:06 pm
No.......

The S3500s don't have any USB or MIDI capabilities, so you can't use them as controllers for VDJ without timecode.

If you want to have platters for control, and still have the ability to play CDs, then you'll have to upgrade to more recent kit.

You can use the 3500s with timecode via the MXR though.

geposted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 3:26 pm
@ groovindj. so what if i bought two denon dn-hs5500's ? i know there is the s3700's & sc3900's but i dont have the $ right now. but saw some good deals on the internet for the hs5500's. since those are midi. then i just plug them into the mixer & mixer to my laptop ? or i have to plug in all 3 to my mixer ?

geposted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 3:31 pm
The 5500s are versatile.

You can use them as controllers with built in sound cards. You can use them standalone with either internal* or external hard drives. You can also use them to play CDs*.

*optional CD drive or internal hard drive caddy.

With a USB cable from each 5500 you wouldn't need the sound card in the mixer.

Even today they're still unique players. Each deck is actually two. It has two layers, each with its own output, so you can play and mix two tracks at once from just one deck - should one die for example.

As they're discontinued now, you may find it hard (or even impossible) to find the optional hard drive caddy or CD module.

Also bear in mind that the internal hard drive has to be IDE, not SATA, and it's limited to 250GB max. For external drives that doesn't apply.

geposted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 5:45 pm
I have two DN-S3700 and MC6000 and I want to do a 4 channel Midi-setup.
MC6000 to run (vdj)channel 1-2, one s3770 for channel 3 and one s3700 for channel 4.

(MC6000 on mixer-channel 2-3, S3700 on mixer-channel 1-4)

I can get both 3700 and Mc6000 to show in the Asio Driver.

When I start VDJ I get soundcard Error. If I load a song on Left player in MC6000, I get song info on Left S3700 player also.
I´ve tried to configure advanced setting for soundcard, with no luck.

How do I configure this Setup?

geposted Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 3:18 pm
Let me explain a couple of things:

1. DN-S3700 can be used as MIDI controllers
2. DN-S3700 can be used as soundcard
3. MC-6000 can be used as a MIDI controller
4. MC-6000 can be used as a soundcard

The DENON ASIO panel has only to do with the SOUND playback of your devices (can be used as soundcard part). It has nothing to do with the (can be used as MIDI controller(s) part)

You want to use a 4 deck setup. You can do this with a couple different ways, but I will give you instructions only for the one I find to be the best option in my opinion (since I own the same hardware)

1. We are going to use the MC-6000's soundcard for the mixing
2. We are going to use the MC-6000 as both a MIDI and hardware mixer
3. We are going to use the MC-6000 as a controller (for decks 1&2)
4. We are going to use the S3700 as controllers (for decks 3&4)
5. We are NOT going to use the S3700 as soundcards

1st step:
Switch your MC-6000 to "PC MIX"
2nd step:
Open VirtualDJ and change your settings to:
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcards: ASIO -> Denon DJ ASIO
3rd step:
Check your current setup. You should have VirtualDJ configured to run and work with 4 decks right now by using the MC-6000's internal soundcard.
If it's working fine proceed to the following steps:
4th step:
Connect your DN-S3700's with their USB cable to your laptop
5th step:
Open the Denon DJ ASIO panel and make sure you DISABLE (uncheck) the S3700 units. We are NOT going to use their soundcards and we don't want them to mess our ASIO settings.
6th step:
Close Denon DJ ASIO and start VirtualDJ
7th step:
Open Config and go to the mappers tab
Press the button next to the mappers select drop down menu.
There you should be able to see 3 entries: one entry for the MC6000 and two entries for the S3700
Move your mouse over the first S3700 entry. It should expand and give you some options. Select the deck you want this S3700 unit to control. Select Deck 3. Now repeat the above procedure, hover to the second S3700 entry and select Deck 4.
8th step:
Check the screens of your S3700's. On the "Track Number" position they should say 3 & 4 respectively. If they are inverted (left deck says 4 and right deck says 3) DO NOT PRESS the eject button. It will also affect the MC-6000 and we don't want that.
Go back to step 7 and just select the correct deck number for the units (e.g. if for the first entry you selected Deck 3 now select Deck 4, and for the second entry select Deck 3)
Check your S3700 screens again. If everything is as it should proceed to the next step.
9th step:
Close config and test if everything is woarking as it should. Please keep in mind that your S3700 controls decks 3 and 4 that are also controlled by the second layer of the MC6000 (red leds on the jogs of MC6000)
In order to avoid confusion (until you get familiar with this setup) try to avoid switching layers on the MC-6000. Just leave it on the first layer (BLUE LEDS).
If everything went well you should be able to control your decks 1 & 2 from the MC-6000 and decks 3 & 4 from the S3700's

BONUS:
Take 2 RCA cables and connect the outputs of your S3700's back to Line 1 and Line 2 inputs of the MC-6000.
With the way we setup the system you can switch your S3700's to CD mode (or even USB mode) and back to MIDI mode without any issues since we DON'T use their soundcard. So if you ever need to play a CD you can switch them on CD mode on the fly without worrying about VirtualDJ disconnecting from the sound.
Also you can still keep controlling decks 3 & 4 from the MC-6000 if you ever need it. Finally by connecting the S3700's on the Line1 and Line2 of the MC-6000 (which has matrix input selectors) you can use ANY of the 4 channels at any time for your CD playback!

PS: As I stated before keep in mind that decks 3 & 4 are controlled by two devices at the same time. This is a little tricky/risky until you get used to it. For instance pressing SHIFT on the MC6000 will also affect the commands of your S3700's (it's literally the same as pressing SHIFT on the S3700's) Take some time to experiment with this situation before going live!

Enjoy!!!

geposted Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 1:36 am
Sounds freaking awsome. I´ll try that.

Thanks!!!

I love this forum.

geposted Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 12:55 pm
zenthaiHome userMember since 2013
Hi guys,
I'm new to VDJ and Denon hardware. I just got a Denon DN-S1200 and all I want to do is connect it to my pc so I can access my mp3/wav bank and be able to play them through my mixer. I'm kind of old-school, as I have 2 turntables and a Numark iM9 mixer, but I want to connect the Denon so I can play with all three through the same mixer but using VDJ. Is this even possible?

I currently have an M-Audio Audiophile 192 audio card which I have the mixer connected to and the output goes to my monitors. So I was hoping that connecting the Denon as MIDI controller I could access my bank and be able to do mixes with the Denon and my Technics SL1200s.

When I try to setup VDJ with the Asio drivers from Denon I keep getting the "Error in the Asio sound driver: Your sound card is probably not connected, or the settings are incorrect" message and I've tried basically all the stuff I could find online but nobody has the setup I have.

I have Win 7 64 bit, which had me install the Denon Asio drivers v. 1.01 (supposedly these are the only ones that work with a 64 bit OS). But I still get the same error message.

Can anybody help me out with this?? I'm losing my mind and I'm dying to be able to play all my mp3/wav files without having to burn then into CDs.

I really appreciate the help and I apologize for the long message.

Cheers!
ZT

geposted Thu 07 Feb 13 @ 7:24 pm
zenthaiHome userMember since 2013
I actually realized that the Asio driver for the M-Audio sound card was conflicting with the Asio driver of the Denon DN-S1200.

Now I'm trying to have the Denon dn-s1200 control VDJ, but eventhough the mapping is setup in the config in VDJ nothing is happening.

If anybody can help with that it would be really cool!

Thanks in advance!!

ZT

geposted Fri 08 Feb 13 @ 9:00 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,
I don't know if this have been discused before but here is my (old) problem and it's solution.

I was unable to setup my 2 DN S3700 for VDJ.

Dell XPS M1330
Windows Vista or 8
VDJ 7.3Pro

I tried all recommended setting but nothing worked (I had always only one player connected).

In a last hope, I tried to connect them using an USB Hub and not each one on a distinct port... and this solved my problem!
I can't understand why but if it can help...
Maybe this tip could be added in the first page for those that still having problem after all the first recommendations.

Notice: It was working great on my old computer (ASUS M6NE, XP)

Kaléo.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 13 @ 3:44 am
This may be because your new computer has USB 3 ports. Some older hardware may not be fully compatible with USB 3 and will not work correctly. Plugging into a USB 2 hub solves this problem in most cases. Also, for some hardware, you may find that manufacturer has released updated drivers and/or firmware to add compatibility.

Regarding the Denon S1200 itself, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-S1200.html - In particular, make sure that you have not altered the default MIDI channel that it operates on.

You will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional to use MIDI controllers such as the S1200: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

geposted Mon 11 Feb 13 @ 11:17 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Let me explain a couple of things:

1. DN-S3700 can be used as MIDI controllers
2. DN-S3700 can be used as soundcard
3. MC-6000 can be used as a MIDI controller
4. MC-6000 can be used as a soundcard

The DENON ASIO panel has only to do with the .......

Enjoy!!!

Hi, this works. Thanks! Now I really can use my player as intended when I buught them.

I only have 2 problems.
When I switch from Midi to cd mode on s3700 it works great, but when I switch back to Midi, the s3700 it getting the same "Deck number" as the other s3700.

Exampel: I have both 3700 in Midi mode, deck 3 and deck 4. I switch deck 3 to cd mode, play a song and switch back to midi mode and the player get deck 4. What have I done wrong?

The other problem is the delay when scratching.
How do I configure the player and software so I can do simple schratch? I want it to be so fast as possible..

Thanks

geposted Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 2:08 pm
asenstam wrote :

Exampel: I have both 3700 in Midi mode, deck 3 and deck 4. I switch deck 3 to cd mode, play a song and switch back to midi mode and the player get deck 4. What have I done wrong?

Nothing. It's a minor bug at the moment...

asenstam wrote :

The other problem is the delay when scratching.
How do I configure the player and software so I can do simple schratch? I want it to be so fast as possible..

Delay ? You mean latency ?

Or that big movements of the platters correspond to small movements of the software spinning discs ?

If you mean latency you must tweak your ASIO settings. Preferably somewhere around 8ms.

If you mean the jogs movement then you should configure the "Jog Sensitivity (Scratch)" slider from inside the options tab in the VirtualDj config window.

geposted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 7:16 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Or that big movements of the platters correspond to small movements of the software spinning discs ?

If you mean latency you must tweak your ASIO settings. Preferably somewhere around 8ms.

If you mean the jogs movement then you should configure the "Jog Sensitivity (Scratch)" slider from inside the options tab in the VirtualDj config window.

Is that bug solved in the new version that´s coming?

Yes, I mean latency I think. The time between I move the platter and I can hear the sound.

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:36 pm
DJSoulman wrote :

I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Exactly a year has gone by and this replacement Denon MC6000 has done exactly the same at my gig last night. Same channel 3 fader too! Seems to be a common fault.

Have kept my VCI-100 as a backup, pleased I did.

Another irate phone call to be made tomorrow, just glad I took out the 3 year extended warranty. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

Received my MC6000 back from the Denon Service Centre WITH MORE FAULTS THAN IT WENT IN WITH GGRRRRRRRR!!!!

First thing I always check, even before powering it up. I test all the rotary knobs and the sliders that they complete their full travel. EFX1 and EFX2 on the left FX Controls were very stiff between 10 past the hour and 30 past the hour positions. Also, the MID and HIGH knobs on channel 1 were the same. I connected it to VDJ and continued testing, everything worked apart from these stiff knobs.

Where was the Quality Control? Do they not check before it leaves the Service Centre?

I reported it to the suppliers who said they would pass on the information to Denon and said they may contact me. It was so annoying because the same thing happened last year when my first MC6000 was returned to me with the navigation knob very stiff and not working correctly. This MC6000 was the replacement. I'm really glad I took out the 3 year extended Warranty.

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 8:03 pm
asenstam wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Is that bug solved in the new version that´s coming?

Yes, I mean latency I think. The time between I move the platter and I can hear the sound.

I´ve tried to tweak my latency, but I think the Latency is to big. It´s a BIG difference between cd/usb mode and midi. Is there any possibility I can get it to feel ok, or is there hardware restrictions? I am a noob in scratching, but I feel that it´s not ok.

Should I go timecode to get it to work?
How do I do that setup with my gear if it is the only way..?

I don´t want to go Pio*er nexus to get it to work as I want it to. :-/

Thanks

geposted Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 5:56 am
83%