Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Flash logo and Flash movies for VDJ Flash plugins - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

wallterHome userMember since 2010
There are 2 fine working plugins for playing Flash files in VDJ. Flash can be transparent, so it's cool for moving logos and visualisations. This topic could be a place for sharing such files. I've done a lot of research with Firetext plugin and also with a new Pangolin Flash plugin. Here's my first VDJ Flash logo with VirtualDJ text and some simple backgroung effect. Hope you'll like it. I'm willing to make you your own flash logo's (left/right corner, over the screen, whatever...) if someone need it. Just ask... Download this one, unzip and move to this path:

Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\VideoEffect\Pangolin\SampleFlashFiles

VDJ Flash logo download here:

[link removed]

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 11:58 am
I'm greatful there's people like you who would be willing to make them but could you make a tutorial on how to make a flash video with a transparent background?? Every search I do always comes back with a way to add it to a web page which is not what I want.

Thanks for the time and hopefully some info ;-)
Huey

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:00 pm
I'm glad there are still people willing to do something on their own ;-) on this forum...
I can recommend you some basic flash software:

Mix-FX [link removed]

or Anim-FX http:[link removed]

for simple creating flash effects. It's cheap and simple. Adobe Flash is mean monster, so better don't go there...

If you want to make avi movie with a transparent channel in Vegas, you should see here:

[link removed]

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:43 pm
Thanks bro!! With any of these that you mentioned could I use Bulff titler with any of these? I mean make my logo or whatever then export to one of the above mentioned programs and still be able to convert so the background is transparent? That's what I'm really after.

Hope that makes sense
Huey

Doin this from my phone so please forgive me.

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 2:20 pm
Oh, you mean 'avi with alpha channel from BluffTitler to transparent FLV'? I think Sorenson Squeeze could do that with VP6 FLV codec... I'll try...

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 3:11 pm
Wow, it works and it's amazing. Here is an example, BluffTitler's 300 MB avi with alpha channel converted to flv (4 MB), fully transparent!

[link removed]

Just insert it and don't forget to click autoplay inside the plugin or it will just stop when finished. If you stuck with anything, just ask. And btw., nice idea ;-)

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 3:40 pm
Nice work wallter...

You can right click on the thumb and select loop to keep it looping...

AutoPlay moves from one FLV to another as a playlist... and if there is only one FLV in the thumbs then it will loop just this one... but use right click just to loop a single FLV.

Don

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 3:49 pm
Yes, there was just one flv so it was looping. Thanks for info.

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 4:49 pm
Walter you just made my day!!! That is super fresh!! Still gonna try my hand at this flash stuff though. Dam its hard stuff, lol!

Thanks for the info and time
Huey

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 5:19 pm
@Walter, one more question bro. In Bluff what color are you using for the background? I seem to get the best results when I have it white but then I have to use real dark colors for the lettering. Any advice there?

Thanks for the time and info
Huey

geposted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 8:55 am
Honestly, I'm clueless about that, I always use already existing template and erase everything... Anyway, try with short movies and remember what you did... Here's an example of flash visualization (anyone remembering 'Mystify', an old windows screensaver... that's it) file SWF for download:

[link removed]

I'll try to post a picture, but not promising anything...

[link removed]

And btw. some small advice... just found in my swf collection 3 swf files with bad behaviour, in short: they just crash the whole VDJ down when I tried to start them, just like some unproven Soniques... It's smart to try them before any live gig, just for sure...

geposted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 11:14 am
Wallter will you please post those SWF's that cause a crash so I can take a look at them ?

Thanks,

Don

geposted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 12:30 pm
No problem...

geposted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 1:09 pm
Thanks Wallter, you can remove that link

Just a quick look so far, but 2 of those will not run in flash stand alone, one is fine...

When I rebuilt them for flash version 5, the bad ones also worked but stilll looking into it. Those files are flash version 4.

Don

geposted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 1:38 pm
The problem with those bad SWF's is something internal to those SWF files, like they are corrupt or similiar.

They are good enough to run for a few frames and then there are problems.

Mostly when an SWF has problems, they are caught when you try to add them as a thumbnail. These particular SWF's pass the thumbnail test and so they are allowed. I have added additional logic that will prevent them from crashing VDJ. They stilll will not run as they do not run anywhere, at least not in current versions of flash, but they will not cause a crash either. They will just be silient.

SWF files are programs and so they will do whatever they are programmed to do. So as mentioned, its a good idea to test your SWF files.

You can pick up the corrected version RC-5 of Essential Flash at:

http://www.pangolinplugins.com/pages/products/essential-flash.php

If you have some work already in the thumbs area, it will be saved in ..\VideoEffects\Pangolin\LastActiveSaved.pak

The new installation will overwrite whatever is there.

Don

geposted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 6:47 pm
Fixed :-)... and as I said somewhere before, nice and serious programming. New instalation overwritten only Samples.pak, all my swf's in 9 packs left untouched. And no more VDJ crashes. Had an idea about making videomix with some swf's over music video, but that ugly screen add just poking my eyes. Is there any 'few days demo' without it?

geposted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 2:48 am
Sorry wallter but not at this time...

If you want though, I will add one of your samples to the installation... I am afraid thats all I can do for you at the moment...

Don

geposted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 2:54 am
Never mind, it's not for me anyway, I'm happy with FLxER. VDJ is nice piece of software and it's a pitty not to expand what it can do. Users are very conservative and there are just few of them willing to try something new, not proven by almighty somebody... But, I couldn't care less ;-) about it...

geposted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 3:28 am
Digital flash clock with flipping seconds - control it's size and it's place on the screen over plugin controls

Download here: [link removed]

geposted Sun 13 Mar 11 @ 4:14 am
Karaoke 3D Show animation - from Blufftitler's transparent avi to flv with alpha channel - play it overscreen or in the corners

[link removed]

Already posted in BT forum post, but this one is with alpha channel ;-)

geposted Sun 13 Mar 11 @ 6:14 am
7%