Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: found major problems with many skins posted on this forum

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SKINS MAY BE CAUSING PROBLEMS

I found major problems with nearly all skins posted on this forum! Using a DAC-2, I press and hold the LOAD button
Then, SCROLL with the inner jog wheel through the song list (you can see the high lighted bar move up and down)
With some skins, it scrolls SLOW. I mean really slow
with other skins, it scrolls VERY FAST
Some skins are medium slow

--> It makes NO difference what resolution I tried. Even my favorite 1280x800 skin by JNblack widescreen 3.0 is DOG SLOW!

--> It makes NO difference how complicated the graphics are. Some skins have practically NOTHING moving on the screen and still are DOG SLOW.

--> I never noticed this before I started using the DAC-2 to LOAD tracks. Normall I just drag and drop with the mouse.

--> At this time, I have come to come to the conclusion that any skin that behaves SLOWLY with the DAC-2 scrolling is NOT optimized and could cause problems with Virtual DJ. I will avoid any and all skins until I figure out what the hell is going on. Either their is a bug in virtual DJ or these skins are too bloated or written poorly.

Skins that work 100% full speed...
default built in 800x600
digital blue
DJ Console
denon 1800Fblack
apopsos tc 1280x800
...more... I didnt test them all!

Most of the rest of the skins make the DAC-2 scroll very slowly I love the skins, but I am afraid to use them now that I have discovered this.

--> My system isn't that shabby...
AMD Sempron 3000 processor
750MB RAM
80GB HDD
XP Pro with SP2
no other programs running
NO antivirus
maya 44 usb and also tried built in AC97 sound card
has not been on the internet
DAC-2 with latest driver

--> I look forward to someone testing this with their dac 2.

--> Maybe the skins are what cause all the problems with skipping and crashing that some have reported?

--> even if the dac-2 driver is what is causing the slowness, I still find it very interesting how some skins are faster than others. We should have some kind of benchmark or rating for skins so that we can know what to expect. The more complicated skins take up more CPU and may cause problems.

July 28, 2005
WirelessDJ

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 4:09 am
Wireless. I have been using the DAC-2 with VDJ for a year and a half and have no issues with scrolling and loading using different skins. I almost always use mix station though.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 5:47 am
I have no problems either. I just noticed the speed difference when using the LOAD + inner jog wheel

Can anyone else check the speed between the various skins?

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 12:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What I don't understand is how can a skin create a SLOW down in system performance?

With that said, Yes, the more animated graphics will create a Video Performance load but other than that what you are describing does not make sense. Especially with the feature you are describing. I use the DAC and don't experience the problem you are describing. However, I will test it as you have requested some others do, and let you know the outcome. But honestly I don't see how it could be the skins?

cstoll

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:20 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Luis,
Try this one and report.
I use this exclusively with the DAC 2 and have no trouble at all.
V-Mix v1.0 (Video Mix - Power User) 1024x768

I have seen some skins react slowly but really only have used 2 with any regularity.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 3:05 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's strange but interesting. When Virtual DJ starts, it entirely loads the skin "in memory" (to see that remove the zip file after opening VDJ) so i don't understand how...

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 3:27 pm
Wireless, did you see my post in VDJ forum? I've been going on about this problem for two weeks now. Started when version 3.0 came out. Everyone said I was crazy and told me to check my performance settings for my video card, etc. Just like when they told me the crash problems were my PC. We know how that one turned out,... it turned out to be a bug in VDJ.

I have this same EXACT problem with VDJ today, with my XP10s. Scrolling songs is REALLY slow and on top of that it makes the display all jerky and it pauses. Thank god the sound doesn't pause but it is still really annoying. At first I thought that it was because I had a lot of songs in my file browser window, but then I verified the problem exists with only TWO songs in the file browser. Scrolling with the up/down arrows on my XP10 is really slow with only two songs in the list. Something is not right.

Now I get to listen to everyone call me crazy again.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 5:53 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
anewsome>
i nominate you for the offical beta testing team, you find more bugs then the orkin man.... really man i'm just breaking on you...where's those sl1200's?? i was thinking whats nice about those is the display, i was wondering can you edit an mp3 tag ans include the BPM so when playing a mp3 manually from a cd you can easily have thaT info

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 6:13 pm
Yes, I believe this started happening in version 3.0.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 9:49 pm
listen2. I just got the 1200s two days ago. Yes it will read the BPM of the ID3 tag on the MP3s, but I haven't got around to messing with that at all. I did get (2) 1GB SD cards for loading mp3s onto though. I figure I can easily get 150 songs on each 1GB card. I could really do a whole set with just two 1GB cards and my 1200s!

But seriously, I have to get this TCCD working before I really get serious with the 1200s.

So, back on to the topic,.. are Wirless and me the only VDJ users who is seeing this scrolling problem? I'm glad he found out it was a skin problem. The first thing I am gonna do when I get home is switch skins to see if that fixes the problem.

... and people are wondering why I am longing for the 2.x VDJ with crash fixes, no scroll problems and no video bloat to come back!

geposted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 12:44 am
I have just verified this problem on my laptop. I'd posted the symptoms of this problem before but I didn't know what was causing it. My favorite skin is mixstation titanium, so I followed Wireless' advice and switched the skin to the default. This skin does not have the jerky pausing display and it does not have the slow scrolling problem. Same session, when I switch back to mixstation, the problem is back again! Is there something in the way the different skins are working that would cause this? Skin experts, any advice?

geposted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 11:35 pm
Anewsome, we need to figure what piece of hardware we have in common

are you running an AMD processor? I noticed a change in scratching when I went from a P4 to an AMD based laptop.

what about your video card? I am using the built in video card. I plan to turn the color depth down to see if that helps.

geposted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 3:10 pm
Wireless. I fixed my scrolling problem! You have no idea how frustrating this problem was when DJing live. I realized it wasn't simply a skin problem only when two of my laptops running the same skin had different behavoir.

Then I read a WinXP performance FAQ on this forum. It said that disabling hardware acceleration for the video card sometimes makes the system faster. That's exactly what it was. I put video acceleration to none and the scrolling problem went away.

Try it and let me know how it works out.

geposted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 10:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)