Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: More video transitions? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I have around 37 to 40 video transitions...give or take.
For a mixed dvd I usually end up with around 25 songs. So 25 out of 37 or 40 is good. But when gigging for a whole night all the way until 3am it would be nice to have another handful of extreme/funky transitions.
Is there anyone with many more or with the capability to make these types of dll files?

geposted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 12:13 am
@iansharp; I'm with you but odds are you have more transittions than what's offered here? I've been limited to the ones in the download area. Would really like to know where to get more and of course that will work drama free with VDJ.

Edwin
"DJ WiN"

geposted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 8:46 am
Sorry I took so long to get back. I have exactly 40 transitions after deleting "none" and "alpha". I believe this is a combination of the transitions in the download center and a PCDJ plugin pack that I had from when I was using PCDJ VJ.
I would like some more though. Are there any possibilities? Perhaps similar softwares use such dll files that we can "borrow" some other cool or outrageous video transitions from? Anyone?

geposted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 11:07 pm
Same here I would like to find some more transitions. Not to take away from the thread; did you have to uninstall the transition when you deleted "none" and "alpha"? or did you just go to the folder and deleted them?

geposted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 4:12 am
I just deleted them from the plugins folder...found them uninteresting.

geposted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 10:33 pm
@iansharp; Thanks!! Will do for several of them. I guess we're the only two seeking more video transitions and/or there really is no way to get others??? SMH

geposted Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 6:44 am
I've done some brief research on dll transitions. It appears that there are other programs which use similar or the same file type like video editing software etc. It is only a matter of finding a program with a bunch of dll transitions and copying them...or so it seems. But really, like you suggested, it would be nice if someone else on the forum more knowledgeable on the topic would pitch in at some point.

I will continue to poke around and see if I can dig up a source of dll's.

Cheers.

geposted Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 2:07 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There are no other transitions that are compatible with VDJ - it uses a proprietary format.

If you have requests for transitions then post up your suggestions. Simply asking for 'more' doesn't help me create more ;)

Regards,

Scott

geposted Thu 21 Apr 11 @ 5:34 am
@SBDJ; Thanks for the info and I'm certain your plate is beyond full!! :) But here goes . . . Did you want the request posted in this thread or a different one?

Thanks!
Edwin

geposted Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 3:30 am
Here are a few suggestions:

the old video "shatters" like a plate glass window and then the peices come back together as the new video, a page peel from one corner to the opposite corner exposing the new video, a soda can being crushed down and then expanding back up with the new video, an old time camera shutter closing and then opening to the new video, spiraling down a sink drain, how about an airplane pulling the new video in like a big banner at the back of the plane....got hundreds more ideas but that is enough for now

geposted Mon 25 Apr 11 @ 9:17 am
@dj-e-lectric +1; I don't have hundreds but just a few less. :)

-Old video goes to the left top corner and alternates with new video (like walking) left to right working it's way across row by row to the bottom right corner.

-Old video starts going into a haze and new video comes in like a tornado effect

-Old video starts creating wave type effect and new video comes in the same way.

-Old video goes to the left top corner then alternates corners in a crisscross pattern and the new video comes in the same way.

Like you I'll hold off and wait for Scott to let us know if to start a new thread with just request or put it in a different section.

geposted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 12:58 am
Those are some pretty cool suggestions. I like the shattering glass idea

geposted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 6:47 pm
I also like the idea of the shattering glass transition. Here are two more simple but interesting ideas.

Ripple: The center of the old video begins to ripple outward like a stone in the pond effect, then ripples inward with the new video.

Quick hit: Quickly cuts to the new video while holding down the transition button only. Snaps back to the old video once the button is depressed. This would be very useful for those of us who do not use video mixers.

Cheers & best regards
Ian

geposted Tue 03 May 11 @ 1:19 pm
how about a burn through from the center but actually have the burning graphics

geposted Wed 04 May 11 @ 11:47 pm
What say you SBDJ?

geposted Fri 20 May 11 @ 11:09 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Some good thoughts there. It'll be a while before I can put anything into motion at the moment though - I've got a couple of other urgent plugins to complete and a potential big project coming up too.

Some of those are major undertakings though requiring a huge time investment.

geposted Wed 25 May 11 @ 6:27 pm
Understood...and I'm sure the others do as well.
I'm sure you will hit us up once you do get a chance to take a shot at it.
Cheers and best regards.
Ian

geposted Fri 27 May 11 @ 11:29 am
+1. Scott you da man!! :)

geposted Mon 30 May 11 @ 4:07 am
islanboy wrote :

???

geposted Thu 02 Jun 11 @ 11:19 am
islanboy wrote :

Islan did you get a new transition?