Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS6 - Page: 9

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Paulie_C wrote :
Great advice!

Why do you need bootcamp or parallel? Can't everything just work with OSX?

Also... Anyone know anything about Lion verses Snow Leopard or any of the other ones?

making a $4k purchase, I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. I don't make as much as Scott anymore...LOL

I,m using Macbook Pro i7, 2.2ghz with OSX Lion, everything working perfect.
4-7% CPU when playing, 12-18% CPU when loading

geposted Wed 27 Jul 11 @ 2:18 am
jjloevli wrote :
Paulie_C wrote :
Great advice!

Why do you need bootcamp or parallel? Can\\\'t everything just work with OSX?

Also... Anyone know anything about Lion verses Snow Leopard or any of the other ones?

making a $4k purchase, I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. I don\\\'t make as much as Scott anymore...LOL

I,m using Macbook Pro i7, 2.2ghz with OSX Lion, everything working perfect.
4-7% CPU when playing, 12-18% CPU when loading

NS6, Macbook Pro w/OSX Lion and VDJ, perfect combination!!

geposted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 5:20 am
U guys probably already know but for those who dont Serato Itch 2.0 has been released for download and there is a firmware update for the NS6 with this software. This update does not show up with previous versions of Itch.

l8r :)

geposted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 6:41 pm
jjloevli: Thanks for sharing! So you do not bootcamp and run Windows? I just wondered if most people run windows on a mac and why.

Anyway...that rocks so hard...thanks for sharing.

geposted Wed 03 Aug 11 @ 8:45 pm
Paulie_C wrote :
jjloevli: Thanks for sharing! So you do not bootcamp and run Windows? I just wondered if most people run windows on a mac and why.

Anyway...that rocks so hard...thanks for sharing.

Thanks!
I used bootcamp w/XP until last winter, switched to OSX Leopard and everything was smooth.
VDJ and OSX Lion is even better!

geposted Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 7:05 am
Off Topic: jjloevli where did you get that light that you are using on your coffin. It looks bright as HELL! That could be a pretty cool tool to have in some of the dark venues for sure.

geposted Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 5:58 am
While the Wiki doesn't spcifically list the NS6 problems as fixed, I assume that the crossfader problem was fixed in this release?

Scott

geposted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 3:34 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
from the wiki history page --
  • fixed "leftcross off" and "rightcross off" when cross is already assigned to the other side

geposted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 3:55 pm
I read that and it made no sense to me... thanks for clarifying.

geposted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 4:17 pm
GSLGSLPRO InfinityMember since 2007
How to setup VDJ as 2-decks + sampler (3-lines mixer) with Numark NS6?

As soon as I choose 3-line mixer or advanced settings with 3 or 4 channels in the sound setup it says "Not enough channels".
Only then "Headphones" setup works.
I want to use "3-lines mixer" and send the sampler signal through channel 4 on the hardware mixer as I did with A-Audio VMS4.

Is this a mapper thing or sound card driver thing that limits to only 2 stereo channels, as it's possible to use 4 decks with a 4-deck skin.

W7 Home Premium
VDJ 7.0.5 Pro (b370)
VDJ NS6 mapping 2.0 (Last update: Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 12:19 am)
ASIO 2.9.25
Firmware 1.0.3 (k1)

Best regards
Mikael
GSL - Sweden

[Please do not post the same message more than once. You have already asked this same question in the topic http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/107208/Hardware_Technical_Support/NUMARK_Hardware_Products_(Setup__Solutions__Fixes__Issues__etc_).html ]

geposted Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 9:13 am
What is everyone using as far as their gain settings in VDJ when using the NS6?

I was using "remember" but it seems like if I need to adjust the gain on the fly, I have to find where the gain was on the control and then adjust.

Is this the proper way?

Thanks,

Scott

geposted Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 9:30 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You should just use Auto for the gain when using the NS6 - so that way if you turn the gain then it doesn't save that change - which is what Auto+Remember does.

geposted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 12:27 am
cstoll wrote :
Answered in the standard Numark thread - since someone asked the same question ....

When you are in a 4 deck configuration - sync will only synchronize to the deck that is selected as the Master deck. If the Master Deck is deck 1 when you press Sync on Deck 1 it will not sync with anything else. You can change the Layer_A and Layer_B buttons so that the last layer button you selected becomes the Master Deck - or - click on the word Master on the skin above the Sync buttons.

how do u do that? i mean change layer_A and Layer_B to act like u explained

geposted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 8:19 am
cstoll wrote :
You should just use Auto for the gain when using the NS6 - so that way if you turn the gain then it doesn't save that change - which is what Auto+Remember does.

Awesome, thank you!

geposted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 1:06 pm
Is there a latency difference between VDJ 7.0.5 & Itch 2.0? While using VDJ the platters seem a little sluggish while scratching.

geposted Sat 13 Aug 11 @ 1:05 am
cstoll wrote :
Mic on the NS6 is a pass-thru at the hardware level - it does not route through VirtualDJ. None of the LINE IN or MIC inputs do.

so.... i'm using vdj 7 pro and ns6, works great but how does one use mic while on air. I broadcast live from clubs on the radio and there are gaps in the broadcast. so how do i get my microphone working while on air?

geposted Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 10:29 pm
I'm using my Numark NS6 with my Windows XP machine and everyso often the software locks up and is unresponsive. I have to do a control, alt, delete to shut the program down and the I bring it back up and all is well, but it's locking up alot. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

geposted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 10:37 pm
I forgot to mention, I'm using a Dell XPS M2010 with windows xp pro. All updates have been done to the OS. I'm running Virtual 7.0.5b with Cstoll's 2.0 mapper for the NS6. I also updated the NS6 with the latest firmware thru itch 2.0 and I installed the latest drivers for the NS6 thru Numark's micro site, and no, I'm not running itch simultaneously with virtual. Serato just does not work for me. I only installed it to do a firmware update on the NS6.

geposted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 10:48 am
I guess no one else is having this problem.

geposted Sun 02 Oct 11 @ 7:49 pm
ynash1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello Respected DJ's... Would VirtualDJ Broadcaster work perfectly with Numark NS6? Does it license come with numark N6 mapping and 3-1-2-4 deck order skin? please advice. I got the NS6 and not enjoying it with serato! Thanks

geposted Mon 03 Oct 11 @ 9:54 pm
68%