Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 12

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Yup you can even the effect name, video effect name etc, etc...........

geposted Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 9:35 am
EO4593Home userMember since 2011
The only thing I would like to see on VDJ 8 is the selectable individual pitch range for the decks instead of having only the global pitch range

Can't really think why anyone would want that but each to their own I suppose .....

if all features works and I can re-name the cue points to get the names on the LCD strips of my controller, I will be a happy customer and finally I will invest in a pro version

Again something I can't imagine anyone else would want either. It can be done though, It does this on the DN-HC4500 already .....

It's almost as though you're looking for excuses not to get the Pro version?

Keith

The individual pitch range would be a nice possibility if you want to mix up accuratly a techno song with a drumandbass or hardcore song for example.... so one can use a +-8 % on one deck and +-25 or +-50 % on another.

OR if the pitch shift could be easily made (to switch between -40 to -24%; -24 to -8%; -8 to + 8%; +8 to +24%; +24 to +40%)
Since there are many 7 bit resolution pitch fader on the midi controllers, OR really short pitch fader or BOTH, there must be a way to give the possibilty to the user to be able to mix tracks like the controller would have an analog pitch fader (like the 1200 MK2's had)

My other idea: Well, since there are many SCS.1 system out there and most of their owners are pro DJs aaaand VDJ will be boundled (one day or another) with the newly sold Stanton products, aaaand Atomix says all of them are natively supported, aaand those freakin' SCS.1's have LCD strips, which would be easily programable, aaand there will be a special skin for the Stanton products, aaaand, aaaand, and so on....
Why not?
with this I could re-name the cue point as the lyrics goes, so I can easily jump to the required part (with the help of the LCD stips), instead of start thinking which button was programmed to which word... in songs like Natural Born Chillers: "if you really like to rock the funky beat" one could place cuepoint and rename them as "if you" and "really like to" and "rock the" and "funky beat" instead of "1" and "2" and "3" and "4".... so whenever you want you can jump where you want instead of finding out which was which part....
Since VDJ can handle 99 cuepoints/ song.... nobody can remember all of the cuepoints in a 50+ tracklist....
Or it's too complicated to put the information within the database and get it activated when the compatible controller is connected?

Sorry guys I haven't seen the last 2 posts....

synthet1c: I will deffenetly get in touch with you after I bought the Pro version! :)

Anyone knows anything about the boundle or the Stanton's new skin or the re-launch of the controllers?

geposted Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 9:52 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wow, this is a major overhaul! I'm excited to see what this looks like first-hand.

I'm hoping that the skin engine has been improved to make it a lot more flexible to change resolution and flexibility, which is sounds like it has. I'm excited about doing some more skinning for the new version.

Also, I can't believe that this is still going to be a free upgrade to existing users. I figured that with this version, Atomix would finally break down and charge users for upgrading. This is amazing dedication to their customers.

geposted Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 6:12 pm
I hope in Version 8 For The Timecodes to work Flawless Like Serato & Traktor. Many great Djs in the united States and around the world still love using Cdj's & Turntables with Timecodes.

geposted Fri 15 Jun 12 @ 9:55 pm
Caliente123 i am 1 of them i use turntables and time code i hope the time code is like serato i like to scratch a lot i still do it vdj 7 but my scratches sound better with serato but iam still a vdj can not wait till it come out

geposted Sat 16 Jun 12 @ 12:26 am
Caliente123 wrote :
I hope in Version 8 For The Timecodes to work Flawless Like Serato & Traktor. Many great Djs in the united States and around the world still love using Cdj's & Turntables with Timecodes.

+1

geposted Sat 16 Jun 12 @ 6:19 am
NEW VIRTUAL DJ 8 ---------WHEN

geposted Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 7:51 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
We don't announce release dates. It will be released when it's ready.

geposted Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 8:19 pm
Caliente123 wrote :

And even more don't give a crap about using CDjs & Turntables with timecodes.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 1:19 am
Just to remind the ones that Dont know. Software WAS Originally created to be used for Turntables. Its the Back Bone of Dj software.. There was No Midi Controller back then to DJ.. Just so many turntables being used because that was the ONLY way to Dj. Then Came Cd Players. How did they Atract DJs to use the software.. ? By making it work with there existing equipment which was Turntables at that Time.. A few years after, Then came a Dac controller but it wasnt popular because many were Dj iing with either Turntables or Cds. Slowly as years passed, Midi controllers started to get some attention, then more and Now More popular. If many dont care about time codes, then Dont hire Good Djs with a name that uses Timecodes with turntables or Cdjs to play at Expos, big events, Big clubs, Concerts, Dj battles etc. Those Djs are the ones that are being asked to endorse equipment..

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 1:49 am
You have your time lines, as far as computer use goes, rather mixed up.

I have DJd since the mid 80s. I have used Turntables, CDs, Cassettes and finally computer.

I work as both a club and mobile DJ. I first began using a computer to DJ back in 1998. I converted my entire CD collection over shortly thereafter. I found suitable ways to DJ with a computer before true DJ software even existed. Before multichannel soundcards existed as well.

For years I actually DJd with software without any controllers. BPM studio was the only DJ software with controllers available and they were incredibly expensive. It was keyboard and mouse for an extremely long time. None of the DJ software until serato made any attempt whatsoever to be compliant with turntables. They did emulate a dual deck cd player to some extent though which only makes sense.

I finally settled on VDJ back at ver 2.xx and still had no controller. There were only a few external controllers still at this point. No time code software existed.

So at this stage I have gone through several iterations of midi controllers and now have a Denon MC6000. A nice compact all in one great sounding solution. I and the vast majority of DJs don't even give a thought to timecode. I'm glad I don't use vinyl or Cds. IMO no one truly needs time code. There is nothing you can do with time code that can't be achieved with a good controller now. DJs using it to scratch etc are not impressing the general public who are there to hear music not scratching. Only other DJs get turned on by scratching competitions.

All this being said, I respect the right for anyone to use time code if they want to and that is an available feature. I'm just sick of hearing that real DJs only "use serato or "use CDs and turntables with time code". My point being that there are collectively by a huge margin far more DJs not using time code than those that do.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 2:40 am
Turntables, Cds.. Yes.. & Why was Software created for ? To be used with Cassettes ? No. There were very few people that knew how to mix with casssette players but, it wasnt a popular thing, It was a cheap solution. Software was for Turntables & Cd players.. Anyway, it doesnt matter because the bottom line was.. How were you going to hook up that equipment to your laptop ? Audio interface with Rca Inputs.. ?

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 2:54 am
Software was created to replace all of the past media formats (vinyl, cassettes and cds). DJ software did not begin to consider CD player or Turntable integration until 2004.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 3:04 am
but no one serious about djing bought into dj software until final scratch and serato made it possible to use timecode in place of vinyl. Prior to that software was taboo and shamed by the dj community. This means most people got on board because of timecode to take away support would not be a wise move, although I'm the only dj I know who uses vdj with timecodes, everyone else uses serato.

But honestly I have no issue with timecodes, I get no sticker drift and only about +/-0.03bpm fluctuation within 4% pitch range using tables and serato cv2 vinyl.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 3:13 am
Who do you characterize as being serious about DJing? People who rely on it as their primary source of income are who I call serious. I was the first DJ I know to begin using a computer back in the late 90s. Many DJs were intrigued but not ready to commit at the time obviously. Well before serato I was "spinning" in the clubs with BPM and then VDJ. Short sightedness by DJs until probably 2005. It took me 5 years to convince a friend to abandon CDs but he finally did and he would never go back today. Now every DJ I know uses a computer. Far more use a controller than use time code by a factor of at least 10-1.

BTW, I wasn't insinuating to get rid of time code. I just think far too much emphasis may be placed upon it sometimes.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 3:36 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

If we're going to talk about most working DJ's (like anybody should care), most are are using CDJ's (CD's, USB or + laptop w/ Serato).

The CDJ itself is software based, it has an onboard computer but due to the size of the interface shows less information and at a lower resolution than when running a laptop with a secondary application, have you ever tried scratching a CD? It doesn't sound very nice organically I assure you, you need software for that (Pioneer).

So the hate game:

It was vinyl users hating on CD users
who then became CD users who'd eventually hate on software users,
who would then go on to use software with 'fake' timecoded vinyls hating on those who use other software or alternative control methods

Personally as long as someone is playing and using some sort of hands on device it's all the same to me.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 3:50 am
anyone I dj'd with up to about 2008 didn't use software, you should have seen the first time a behringer bcd made it into the dj booth here, although at that stage it was still frowned upon to use cdj's in my scene, it was all about vinyl... then cdj's took over, software is still rarely used by locals from that scene, although now brostep has taken over it's mostly midi and software. but techno, trance, hardstyle, drum n bass, dubstep & breaks are still dominated by cdj's.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 3:52 am
Yup, I agree.

Im just so sick of hearing the “NO!!! IM NOT JUST DOING THIS, I HAVE 6 TABLES UP THERE AND I DO THIS THIS AND THIS” like… honestly. who gives a ****? i dont have any shame in admitting that for “unhooked” sets.. i just roll up with a laptop and a midi controller and “select” tracks n hit a spacebar. ableton syncs the shit up for me… so no beatmatching skill required. “beatmatching” isnt even a ****ing skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3, so dont give me that argument please. - Deadmau5

[Please do not use bad language in your forum posts - See the forum rules]

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 4:03 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Did some battle with a few haters recently when someone posted this up, its real.

In the end the fire goes out when the fake vinyl users fall in love with midi and live happily ever after when they finally realize skill is what controls their destiny, not tools of choice.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 7:30 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why all the conflict.if you are mobile, keep gear light (unless you can afford a roadie ). Get your punters dancing & wanting more,isn,t that the skill,however you achieve it is a personal and practicable thing.

geposted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 8:32 am
62%