Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 4

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Thanks Keith - Simon is a great guy and has done Atomix proud - He was messaging me as he was uploading it... I got view #1 ;-)

Roy

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 1:41 pm
I love the multiple mappers per controller feature!

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 1:46 pm
sorry chris I don't mean to be a dick but this is the perfect time to make requests like this, If I bite my tounge until it's in beta there is little chance of my wishes being considered... and I already said great job on the eq LOL I haven't seen what the remix thingy can do...

Personally I am a problem solver, in order to do that I need to see where I think things could be improved, don't worry I am well impressed from the capabilities so far and I am sure that this will only get better, but I'm still going to see the negatives and most likely be vocal about it, because with the business model of free updates I see no reason why atomix should hold back any functions like other companies who need to make an upgrade worth the money... Once you have a users money that's it you won't get any more, so It makes sense that this draw in as many users as possible with the best software possible.

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 1:48 pm
jboerlage wrote :
I love the multiple mappers per controller feature!

So do I ..... perfect for the MC-6000

Keith

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 1:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
synthet1c wrote :
sorry chris I don't mean to be a dick but this is the perfect time to make requests like this,

No the perfect time to make a request is when you really know HOW the feature works ... and until the 'video' above - everyone could only speculate on what any one or multiples of those 'thousand words' that a picture tells could be used to describe what the picture was showing.

But I get your point (and enthusiasm) ... and hopefully you and others get mine.

synthet1c wrote :
If I bite my tounge until it's in beta there is little chance of my wishes being considered

No that is what the Wishes forum is for ...

synthet1c wrote :
because with the business model of free updates I see no reason why atomix should hold back any functions like other companies who need to make an upgrade worth the money

There are always reasons to hold back on certain functionality - money is not a reason, some times it is practicality and timing ... you should be more open to being disappointed more often - trust me you will sleep better at night and feel much better about what you have 'now' verse what you thought you should be getting or have in the future

But enjoy the sneak-peeks and what is coming :)

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 2:09 pm
LOL...will do.just watching the video now ;-)

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 2:19 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As always, Atomix impresses. Great job on the alpha version. Can't wait to see what will be in version 8. Until then I'm still rocking parties with Virtual DJ Pro 7.

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 2:27 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think everyone is gonna be blowing a way with what with we get off the team when the final result is unveiled, going off the snippets we have been given so far.

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 3:59 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
WOW. That about sums it up for me. :) I wish continuing success to the dev team! It's you guys that make US really look good and for that I do personally appreciate you and being a part of this ride.

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 4:55 pm
WOWOWOW!!!! LOVE the scaling skin, also will LOVE to be able to edit out parts of video and audio!! Especially for the Promo Only breaks in the videos where they tell a story!! SUPURB guys, GREAT JOB!!

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 6:14 pm
like nu shooz. I cant wait
I guess it will be debuting in atlantic city expo in august
Cyder put me down for 2 exhibit tickets lol

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 7:15 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I'm using the current version 7 nights a week in a highly exclusive club and I'm a very happy user, it's a beast and I've had no stability issues with the software for years.

Unfortunately a lot of DJ's are idiots and they wont give VDJ credit for anything, they refuse to see what is obvious and instead choose to follow the herd of self proclaimed elitists, I've often posted my thoughts here on how to tackle this head on and give these people something to think about, some may think VDJ 8 is something to talk about but I'd rather believe it'll just shut people up.

The vision and ambition involved in this release is very impressive so far.

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 9:23 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
awesome

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 9:58 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Way over the top.
Amazing work

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 9:17 am

bagpuss wrote :
Unfortunately a lot of DJ's are idiots and they wont give VDJ credit for anything, they refuse to see what is obvious and instead choose to follow the herd of self proclaimed elitists, I've often posted my thoughts here on how to tackle this head on and give these people something to think about, some may think VDJ 8 is something to talk about but I'd rather believe it'll just shut people up.

The vision and ambition involved in this release is very impressive so far.

now wait a minute ......idiots ??? that's harsh ..... i like to just think of them as morons

"self proclaimed elitists" ??? that's awesome ......if it was in my power i would give you a star or 2 for that...

but still that's harsh too .... calling a buncha dumbass jerks elitists .......

i often wonder ...."what does it take" to get the self absorbed schmucks to figure it out??????????

i really like that "vision and ambition" line

the power of the software continues to grow and do more ..........

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 9:51 am
synthet1c wrote :
If I bite my tounge until it's in beta there is little chance of my wishes being considered

cstoll wrote :
No that is what the Wishes forum is for ...

Hi Chris, I would love to see the VDJ 8 with the "SOUNDCARD AUTO CONFIG" detection. In most cases, VirtualDJ will automatically detect a MIDI or HID controller being unplugged and plugged back in again, but this is not currently supported for sound cards. If you accidentally disconnect your sound card or controller and then reconnect it again VDJ will hang up and freeze, then you will need to go back into CONFIG > Sound Setup and re-apply the settings again for it to work.

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 10:25 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cesarcastillo wrote :
If you accidentally disconnect your sound card or controller and then reconnect it again VDJ will hang up and freeze, then you will need to go back into CONFIG > Sound Setup and re-apply the settings again for it to work.

It has been stated before and several times over - the auto connect not happening is by design. Sure, it is great in concept - but since VirtualDJ cannot have control over every card out there - unlike the other softwares that you have to use 'their' card - VirtualDJ opt'd to force the 'Apply' for a very simple reason.

And that reason is this >>> if you were still playing a track and VirtualDJ automatically reconnected and applied the card and all volumes - (with the potential that the card settings and VirtualDJ are at 100%) - would you want your speakers to get blown with the initial shock and hit of volume? Or have a very bad experience with extremely loud music playing?

For that exact reason VirtualDJ believes it is a 'protection' to your system to make you consciously think about the situation and manually bring your setup back on line in a controlled process.

Additionally, if people are commonly running into disconnect issues - then you might want to reconsider how you connect your hardware. Clearly if people have this re-occurring problem then they do not take enough care or preparation in avoiding the problem.

I have NEVER had a disconnect issue and don't even plan on it - why? Because I make sure my connections are tight and secured so it won't happen.

AND AGAIN - put your wishes in the proper place next time - not this thread.

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 11:43 am
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
if you were still playing a track and VirtualDJ automatically reconnected and applied the card and all volumes - (with the potential that the card settings and VirtualDJ are at 100%) - would you want your speakers to get blown with the initial shock and hit of volume? Or have a very bad experience with extremely loud music playing?

[quote=cstoll]For that exact reason VirtualDJ believes it is a 'protection' to your system to make you consciously think about the situation and manually bring your setup back on line in a controlled process.

Additionally, if people are commonly running into disconnect issues - then you might want to reconsider how you connect your hardware. Clearly if people have this re-occurring problem then they do not take enough care or preparation in avoiding the problem.

I have NEVER had a disconnect issue and don't even plan on it - why? Because I make sure my connections are tight and secured so it won't happen.

consciously think ? oohhhhh not that again ....

chuck "Stone Fingers" norrisyouwimps .....oops wrong button ....

i started the S.N.A.P. count again, sheesh

in all seriousness ...." manually bring your setup back on line in a controlled process"

well said ....no don't think , just have stuff coming back on without warning at full volume and wonder

how you lost 2 speakers and an eardrum ........

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 12:18 pm
Has the Newer Version made any adjustments to the functionality and sharpness of the AutoGain Feature? (My only disappointment about VDJ)

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 3:32 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
bc230403 wrote :
Has the Newer Version made any adjustments to the functionality and sharpness of the AutoGain Feature? (My only disappointment about VDJ)

Brand new sound engine means yes.

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 3:58 pm
21%