Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 5

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Nicee!!!

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 4:54 pm
Cool...now let's have it !!!....Yak YAk...

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 8:31 pm
Looks great guys! Good work. Can't wait.

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 9:45 pm
bagpuss wrote :
bc230403 wrote :
Has the Newer Version made any adjustments to the functionality and sharpness of the AutoGain Feature? (My only disappointment about VDJ)

Brand new sound engine means yes.

Isint this the 3rd time the damn sound engine gets redone? (VDJ 6, 7 and now 8)

Kinda makes you wonder as to why they keeep improving it when they said the previous was so much better than the precedant.

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 11:10 pm
computer technology isn't static, as computers advance more resources become available to utilize and software architecture improves, It's great that atomix keeps up with technology and provides updates to all users for free.

geposted Sat 24 Mar 12 @ 11:29 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
djfluke1 wrote :
Isint this the 3rd time the damn sound engine gets redone? (VDJ 6, 7 and now 8)

Kinda makes you wonder as to why they keeep improving it when they said the previous was so much better than the precedant.

So it's an easy thing..... at the release of version 7 the Vendors start using Soundcards with not the regular 44.1 kHz - they use 48 kHz.

The first Vedors starting developing 96 kHz Soundcards, too - so yes. The Business is changing from year to year.

But as Virtual DJ 8 is a complete rewritten Software we can do some tweaking at all parts of the Software so it's much better working between all the different used models like Skinengine, Soundengine, the GUI, the Controller part.

So you will see what i mean when it gets finally release ;-) But beleave me when i say - a big step for all of us. ;-)

Greets, Heiko

geposted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 10:33 am
i think on their end they sometimes are delayed by 3rd parties ...

i appreciate all updates , i always migrate to the newest version ...keep copies of

the old virgi.... versions....

i suppose if you wanted they could stop tweaking the audio ?????

if you have no soundcard (interface ) other than your default operating system provided

audio, then don't complain about VDJ ......if you have no sound card included in a controller,

no stand-alone sound card/interface .... don't complain about VDJ , you are listening to windows

at least they maximize how they integrate with windows audio at every opportunity

if you would like to hear some excellent EQ software plugins i have 2 that i recommend .......

and thanks to VDJ you can try EQ plugins that really work great and cost zero........

geposted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 11:16 am
VDJ 7 is full of awesome features. VDJ 8 will be the ultimate DJ software PERIOD.

geposted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 1:03 pm
Hi Chuck,

What EQ plugins do you recommend?

I found one called DJ-EQ3, but I found it has a slight crackle when you kill the high frequencies, so any other suggestions welcome!

geposted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 3:15 pm

geposted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 3:32 pm
Hi Andy ,try these VST EQ'S.....kjaerhausaudio classic eq ....harder to find lately , it is abandonedware

DJ in Norway suggested it to me , it is a really good semi parametric software implementation of a tube

eq box .... the other is called EQ18 ... it has 18 bands, 15 or 16 for the lows and mids, so you can really

get your lows and mids the way you like, both of the above are glitch free for me ......

geposted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 7:38 pm
bagpuss wrote :
bc230403 wrote :
Has the Newer Version made any adjustments to the functionality and sharpness of the AutoGain Feature? (My only disappointment about VDJ)

Brand new sound engine means yes.

Thank You!

geposted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 8:00 pm
can we still have the old look of decks as i hate the waveform like tractor.ism so used to my vdj now

geposted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 12:46 pm
@ Chuck & synthetic, cheers for those! :D

geposted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 12:59 pm
Do VDJ 7 Pro owners get a free upgrade?

geposted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 1:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sure do Jim and all future updates until the policy if ever is changed.

geposted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 2:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For all Pro Full version owners, the upgrade to version 8 will be free.

geposted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 3:02 pm
Let's hope all the new "bells and whistles" don't take ALL the computer resources we have to run it, and essentially drag our computers to a stop.

Let's hope we don't all need to buy a super high powered computer just to get it to run stable.

Other than those 2 hopes, I'm really excited. But, if I guess right, the processing power will be dragged down. Let's hope not.

geposted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 6:05 pm
There are no "bells and whistles", just tools that you can use if you want or not.
I personally played with the alpha version the way i use to, and the cpu load was not more than in version 7.
A video showing screenshots of this session will be uploaded soon.

geposted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 8:09 pm
That's great news. I'm happy to hear that.

geposted Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 8:30 pm
26%