Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin designers please note............ - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

@JametSewell......... Once again you have completely missed the point!

I already use different skins; SWAP 4DECKS or Controller by DennYo thanks. Don't need to make my own, although, one of our skin designers has been in touch, because of this thread, asking me to assist on a new skin :-)

"complain about screen space....... bashing another persons taste......... aggravating.......... sound like you wanted policy in place.......... bashing or demanding..........".

You need to chillout man, I was none of this. As an experienced Professional DJ I was offering advice to new skins designers.

I think you need to re-read this first post again............

DJSoulman wrote :
As an experienced DJ from the vinyl era one of the most important operations of a DJ is "browsing" through his/her record collection looking for a good follow up tune to the one playing. Therefore, the ideal skin should have around two thirds to three quarters of the screen for "browsing". If you have a piece of equipment/controller in front of you, why oh why repeat it onscreen? I don't get it. Seems to be an exercise in "showing off" graphics and has no place in the real world. Design your skin with the main purpose of DJing in mind i.e. finding and playing the best music for the audience. Thanks.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 10:29 am
Nah, try guessing something a bit more fruity lol. ;-)

geposted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 7:00 pm
DJSoulman wrote :
As an experienced DJ from the vinyl era one of the most important operations of a DJ is "browsing" through his/her record collection looking for a good follow up tune to the one playing. Therefore, the ideal skin should have around two thirds to three quarters of the screen for "browsing". If you have a piece of equipment/controller in front of you, why oh why repeat it onscreen? I don't get it. Seems to be an exercise in "showing off" graphics and has no place in the real world. Design your skin with the main purpose of DJing in mind i.e. finding and playing the best music for the audience. Thanks.

i feel you 100% on this one. ive been asking this same question for years.

geposted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 3:57 am
DJsoulman im with you 100% & i only look for and use skins with big browsers. here is the ones i use.
AVES Simple v1.3
Olds'kool
Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3
V8 but by FRuit

all big browsers :-)

geposted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 4:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)