Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 24 hour clock? STILL not there! - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Until the devs fix this issue. Has anybody tried to edit the xml skin to see if it actually works? Cause if yes, then someone could upload it for the OP to download and use that edited skin. I see already 3 users on this post that have knowledge on how to do that. Lets help each other until Official help arrives! what do you say? :)

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 5:34 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can and have pretty good knowledge of what I am doing. Any pro user can PM me and I will make the change for them. Point is, I think the OP knows too. Our problem as Don pointed out, we should not have to edit the XML for stuff as basic as the clock. I don't think something like that should be left only to a skin item.

We can edit but there still are drawbacks to even editing the default skin. Items should save after VDJ restarts. To circumvent all that, the clock preference should be a program setting. Not a skin item that won't save it's last known state.

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 10:28 pm
I agree and like i said. Temporary fix. They need to do the damd for Master deck effects. Weird that a dev or support staff haven't commented yet

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 10:58 pm
I have given up on this. Requested it a year or two ago and I was promised it would be implemented but nothing happened.

So, I have given up.

Thanks for all the work-arounds. But it was a simple request.

geposted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 2:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Maybe's if you had asked to have it integrated with a controller you may have had better luck than just asking for something to be done on the visual side, I think the visual side has a one hundred year exclusion zone attached to it... rofl.

geposted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 4:22 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
I have given up on this. Requested it a year or two ago and I was promised it would be implemented but nothing happened.

So, I have given up.

Thanks for all the work-arounds. But it was a simple request.

Why don't you let the users here to change it and send you the skin?

And why are the devs not commenting on this???? Come on guys. Its a simple request.

geposted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 4:28 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
Until the devs fix this issue. Has anybody tried to edit the xml skin to see if it actually works? Cause if yes, then someone could upload it for the OP to download and use that edited skin. I see already 3 users on this post that have knowledge on how to do that. Lets help each other until Official help arrives! what do you say? :)

Yes, I have done this. There are two things that I changed in the stock skin:
(I like using the stock skin more than the others.)

1. Changed the clock to default to 12hr, instead of 24h.
2. Removed the remix text from displaying in the deck window. (It displays in light grey to the right of the track title.)

geposted Tue 27 Sep 16 @ 1:36 pm
Did you see this on yesterdays new build?

BUILD 3432 (2016-10-04)

-Podcast warning message when still uploading when closing
-Fix effect_select 'audioonlyvisualisation' 'none'
-Remember clock 12/24 setting
-globalQuantize setting is now a drop-down selection
-fix possible flash of old video at end of automix video transition
-Zoom for numark controller waveforms
-Improved first beat of measure detection

geposted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 10:46 am
Double post - sorry

geposted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 10:48 am
Clock does stay in latest build.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 6:08 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thanks for keeping an eye out. I don't always see the release notes.. Super happy I can get back to the stock skin and managing my pads again.

Thank Atomix!

geposted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 11:04 pm
It does not save for me. It reverts to 24 hour after closing and reopening. I have to go into xml and change 24 to 12 and then it will save...

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 1:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just spotted key/harmonic/key mod is saved across sessions too, nice

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 4:29 am
fallguy66 wrote :
It does not save for me. It reverts to 24 hour after closing and reopening. I have to go into xml and change 24 to 12 and then it will save...

Make sure you use the new early release b3432, and that you use the default skin that comes with that build, since it's a change in the skin

With a (maybe slightly changed) default skin from earlier builds it will not work

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 5:04 am
I am using the 4 deck default skin but have modified the clock size and color. This is not a big deal to me since I use the 24 hour clock but thought that maybe the team would like to know that mine does not save. But then again if the team knows me they will write it off to operator incompetence!!

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 4:41 pm
@Fallguy66

You're gonna have to delete your default skin and when you update virtual dj the new skin will install. I don't think it will work with your edited skin. Just do a reinstall and go back and edit the clock again to make it bigger.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 4:43 pm
Thanks. Now that I think about what you wrote it does make sense.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 5:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Some info, mostly for skinners ....

What changed in the latest build, is that we added name="" in <textzone>. For every textzone that has a name , VDJ stores its <text> # in the settings, like it does with panels.
So when in a skin you have e.g. ..
<textzone name="MyText" >
<text>
<text>
</textzone>
and while the skin is running, you click on the textzone to get 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc <text> format, VDJ will store something like MyText,3 which means next time you launch the software, the textzone with the name "MyText" will display the 3rd <text> format and not the 1st one it used to.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 6:01 pm
Will this update work for the history time stamp? It still shows 24 hour for me.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 7:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, nothing is changed with timestamps. The update provides the ability to store skin texts with a specific format.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 7:21 pm
91%