Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 24 hour clock? STILL not there! - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Going on 18 months and they STILL have not fixed the clock, like they said they would.

Can we PLEASE have an option for a 12 hour clock? (and for the 12 hour clock to STAY when selected)

And please don't tell me it's skin related. They already said that they would add a 12 hour clock. They just never did it.

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 1:12 am
Left click on the clock.

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 1:22 am
And then when you restart VDJ what happens? The clock is back to a 24 hour clock.

Everything else has a setting except this. Honestly, we shouldn't have to change a simple clock every time we open the software, especially when they said that it was on the list to fix.

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 1:41 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In some skins (such as mine) clock settings are permanent.

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 9:56 am
Yes, the developer just needs to add the selected clock setting to global variables so it is remembered on restart.

Saying that, one click of the mouse isn't really an issue .....

geposted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:10 am
It's not an issue for you.

geposted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 7:40 pm
Correct, because I use a skin that keeps the time format :)

geposted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 8:04 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
There's still a few minor bugs in the default skin. Add it as a feature request.

geposted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 8:55 pm
It's been added for about a year.

If what you use works for you, then stop worrying about MY concern.

geposted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 12:19 pm
May I help you...

open the skin xml and find this part:

<group name="clock" x="200" y="12">
<visual>
<pos x="+0" y="+0"/>
<size width="74" height="24"/>
<off x="1198" y="1086"/>
</visual>
<textzone>
<pos x="+2" y="+1"/>
<size width="70" height="22"/>
<text size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" action="get_clock 24"/>
<text2 size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" action="get_clock 12"/>
<text3 size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" format="%counter"/>
</textzone>
</group>

change the bold parts to

<group name="clock" x="200" y="12">
<visual>
<pos x="+0" y="+0"/>
<size width="74" height="24"/>
<off x="1198" y="1086"/>
</visual>
<textzone>
<pos x="+2" y="+1"/>
<size width="70" height="22"/>
<text size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" action="get_clock 12"/>
<text2 size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" action="get_clock 24"/>
<text3 size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" format="%counter"/>
</textzone>
</group>

Zip the files and rename this file to any name you want to. Move this zip-file to VirtualDJ/Skins.
Done ;o)

geposted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 12:47 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just starting to use the Default skin due to Pad pages. No XML to edit, no way to hard code the time on 12 hr format.

Is one click hard, not if there weren't other things that "only need a couple clicks". When I get setting up a show, I just don't think something like a clock should even be thought about. I also think some of the inflexibility is why people don't use the default skin. I want to like it, but there are things like the clock resetting its format every time you restart VDJ that just get annoying.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 12:51 am
I have used XML in default skin to edit clock size and color. It is there!

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 2:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@DHoude go to the interface menu, select default, look in the bottom right corner, you extract the default xml there.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 2:26 am
Wow, thanks Locodog. That is a handy little tip, I have not seen before!

Think I need to have a sit down with VDJ settings and find all the new stuff. Seems my practices are a little out of date.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 8:28 am
Well, it appears that exporting the default skin breaks the ability to switch between 2 and 4 decks. As well as some other issues.

Many methods being discussed here. Seems to me like it would be pretty simple to make a setting for the clock preference Options panel. I still stand with the OP on this.

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 1:16 pm
I would request that seconds are displayed when in 12 hour clock mode. At the moment it's only possible to see seconds in 24 hour mode.

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 1:37 pm
DHoude wrote :
Well, it appears that exporting the default skin breaks the ability to switch between 2 and 4 decks. As well as some other issues.

Many methods being discussed here. Seems to me like it would be pretty simple to make a setting for the clock preference Options panel. I still stand with the OP on this.

How so?
I exported the default skin last time when the changes in v8.2 came, did my little changes that I normally do, gave it a new name, and selected it in VDJ
I can switch between decks without problems

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 1:52 pm
You guys should not have to be changing the skin XML especially for something that does not work correctly. It has to be like a 5 minute fix for them unless something is so unusual that it would break something else for them to fix it. Instead, people spend hours, days, years discussing it :)

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 2:42 pm
double post on edit, sorry

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 5:17 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
DHoude wrote :

How so?
I exported the default skin last time when the changes in v8.2 came, did my little changes that I normally do, gave it a new name, and selected it in VDJ
I can switch between decks without problems

@klausmogensen - Here is my error. Stop arguing with me now please. You know what the thread is about. If you do not support it then go someplace else.

geposted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 5:18 pm
45%