Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Fullscreen flashes! - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

DJ FusiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I tried to put the videoForceFullscreen=1, and it's like what Don said, effects and settings windows flashing. VideoForceFullscreen=0 and everythings works again okey, but always some display freeze on the second monitor, when I put new song to the deck.

geposted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 6:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Try videoforcefullscreen -1 then

geposted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 7:57 am
Appears videoForceFullsreen=(-1) turns on window mode and so back to tearing etc. I think -1 is supposed to use a different Direct3d context for skin and video but does not help at all with trying to get a smooth hardware display.

Note: when changing videoForceFullscreen settings be sure to restart VDJ after you make the change.

Just noticing another thing with videoForceFullscreen=1 in 8.2. When I switch to another window like the browser and editing this post. VDJ even when not flashing, keeps jumping to the fore ground and back again. So pretty much impossible to use another app in this case. I had to shut VDJ down to edit this post.

geposted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 1:39 pm
With videoForceFullscreen -1 video runs completely separated from the skin, so it can help for the case described (video slow down when skin is slowing down)

In case you have tearing issues with windowed mode then it will indeed not help, but I have not found why tearing would happen. (I did not find any system myself that had tearing issues in windowed mode)

We are indeed aware that running with videoForceFullscreen 1 is not working in v8.2, and we are working on a fix.

geposted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 3:08 pm
It matters what you are testing with.. tearing does not show itself when playing videos normally. Mostly shown when scrolling so probably why you don't see it.

Also not just tearing, but choppy behavior when using window mode... also not shown well when playing just video. Videos tend to fool the eye in not seeing various artifacts because movement tends to be in multiple directions with a lot going on..

Good you will addressing the videoForceFullscreen=1 issues. When it is working, I see very good results and absolute smooth in this mode as do others.

geposted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 3:40 pm
@ Adion,

I am delighted to hear you are trying to get a fix VideoFullscreen = '1' on V8.2...., I take it this will sort out the screen flashes when you layer something over a skin...?

As I have had to go back to version V8.1 b2857 for the weekend gigs.....Lol

Keep up the good work Guys

geposted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 4:33 pm
Just to add my reports to this.
Exactly the same as the others on my laptop.
In version 8.1 force full screen and hardware acceleration work 100% perfectly.
But in version 8.2 with either turned on, as soon as I select a drop down menu I get the full screen flash and I have to restart the software.

geposted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 8:06 pm
8.2 b3278 is a little better.

Same scenario as before (video playing and videoForceFullscreen=1 and try to bring up some window).

When you bring up options window or try to shut vdj down, the dialogs come up as garbage and appear non functional. When trying to shut vdj security alert dialog is garbage.

When you click on effects list, skin and video disappear and then come back.

Appears the above anomalies happen just once and ok after that but only because it appears to have switched to window mode and not hardware mode any mode behind the scenes.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 11:47 pm
instead of =1 or =-1 have you tried =0
ive been using =0 for a long time but some of my .vob files have playback artifacts so I'm trying =1 (unitl i get the options screen bug..)

geposted Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 1:51 am
we already know that videoForceFullscreen=0 works. Results can generally be better though using videoForceFullscreen=1 since it is a hardware mode and not a window mode as is 0 or -1.

Window mode is subject to all the window particulars like clipping, GDI concerns, etc... Hardware mode could care less about those things and sending things to the display is more efficient. -1 is just another window mode parameter.

This is asking for nothing new... VDJ7 always used hardware fullscreen with no problem. It looks like they may have fixed it completely prior to 8.2 with 8.1... Appears they may be working on it anyway so that's a good thing.

You won't notice much difference if you are just playing video though. That tends to wash it out so you don't see the anomalies as much.

geposted Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 2:10 am
Just a correction... I am having to bounce back and forth between 8.1 and 8.2. videoForceFullscreen=1 worked better in 8.1 but it was never completely fixed in 8.1 as I mentioned it may have been previously.... When I was back in 8.1 I remembered to test it there again.

geposted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 6:44 am
Don moir,
Out of curiosity, why do you need to use force full screen at 1 ?
I am video DJ 3 times a week on 30 monitors and projectors and have it set to 0. Quality and Performance wise i have no issues. I've tried by the way that setting to 1 and 0 issues. I've even tried it with DXVA on. Maybe its on some computers and that's why the devs can't really "fix" it

geposted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 2:49 pm
On most systems the default with videoForceFullScreen set to 0 will be fine.
On some systems, the video driver appears to work incorrectly and this can cause visible tearing, on some other systems the performance is better with videoForceFullScreen set to 1.

There are some fixes on the way to make it work better with 8.2, but it remains kind of a hack, as DirectX 9 was never designed to properly use full screen mode in multi-monitor configurations with only a single video card.

(As for useDXVA, this will give significant performance improvement with almost no drawbacks for 99% of the videos on 99% of the systems. There have been some stability problems with useDXVA in the past, but it is mature by now)

geposted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 3:40 pm
Ok so basically system that use directx9 will have issues while systems with directx12 will not? i am using windows 10 with directx12 and nvidia card

geposted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 3:48 pm
VirtualDJ still uses DirectX 9, regardless of which system you use it on.
As said, on most systems it will be fine with videoForceFullScreen set to 0. So far it is not completely clear what causes tearing on some systems.

geposted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 3:59 pm
Ok i see. Probably its graphics driver issue on some specific cards like when Windows 10 had BSOD with specific nvidia cards.

geposted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 4:18 pm
On same machine:

o - there are no issues using VDJ 7 with equivalent videoForceFullscreen=1 (always the mode for 7)
o - there are no issues using VDJ 8.1 videoForceFullscreen=1 except as reported and noted earlier
o - with VDJ 8.2 there are issues where videoForceFullscreen=1 is not really usable

When VDJ 8.0 came out I did extensive testing for screen display issues and had 3 machines to test on at that time. I used VDJ and found problems with various settings. I cross checked all of those problems using my own code for screen display and found no problems...

Adion already knows whats up and good to get acknowledgement of that and that is a courtesy. When testing for various problems it is fine that you see expected behavior but you need to be doing more than just video display to see problems sometimes before you announce that everything is fine and don't see a problem.

geposted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 8:57 pm
Techno_Tom_57 wrote :

I still will say that V7 video engine is far superior than V8 (clearer, less glitchy, less CPU hungry) and yet V8 is the newer program. It does have some fantastic stuff (sound engine, database, layout, etc) but VIDEO it's a step backwards

I totally agree. I'm still using v7, because I have too many video issues with v8 on the same PC. I can't wait for them to sort out the video issues on v8. I really want to start using v8 for gigs.

geposted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 11:16 am
Without you telling us what issues you have it will be difficult to solve them though...

geposted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 11:29 am

geposted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 1:18 pm
98%