Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 2018 Windows 64-bit - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I don't think it's OK, that you can't use the 64 bit as Windows 7 user.
You will be forced to install another system.
to the installer. That's not quite true. The program goes on Windows 7 to install, it only comes the error "DirectX...... "
DirectX 11.1 ist allready on My Windows 7 installed........
It is also not difficult for programmers to support older systems as well.
Sorry, but I don't understand why.
Any software I own, from music production software to video, or DJ Software, also supports the older systems.
Also 64 bit programs.
I don't see one that I buy for 300Eur a program, and then it can no longer use, or is forced to install an operating system which I do not want to use.
Sorry.
Virtual DJ is always the best program in my opinion.
But this one can not understand from my side.
Nice Day Dani

geposted Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 12:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'm not sure I understand.
You don't have to update your OS if you don't want to, in that case you can still use the 32-bit version of VirtualDJ, and it will still be updated as well.

geposted Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 2:04 pm
I think if I was going to require Win10 I would probably use DX12. I don't know enough yet about the differences but DX12 seems to be getting the hype. What is your current reason for not going with DX12... just so I can get some insight on that.

I still need to support XP and up which is not within my control but not difficult. In the case of XP I use DX9. When DX9EX is available (vista and up) I use that when I can. So just dynamic decision. I am adding support for DX11 and variants, and probably will add OpenGL at same time. All determined at run time. It is not like I need everything for each version and can encapsulate specialized support for each. with not too much code. Everyone wants to keep things simple as possible but also need to deal with the real world, client base, and moving targets.

You can do a platform update for Win7 that gives you things available for 8 with partial support for DX11.1 but don't think I would like to advise a user to do that so something can run. Just use what's available.

geposted Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 2:15 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don,

You can imagine the rewrite in DX11 was not done in one day and started a long time ago. The question of DX12 implementation has been discussed of course during the development and some decisions have been taken in the past to reach the expected goal.

I'm even surprised you didn't see it before in the plugin SDK (video header, enum EVdjVideoEngine) available on this website and asked questions.

geposted Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 5:24 am
Hey Charles,

Yeah I know how things go and I imagine your thoughts evolved over time. Maybe the decision to use DX11 came before the decision to be Win10 only and then you moved on to DX11.1. I was just curious and maybe there was something earth shaking about DX12 that would be useful for me to know. I don't have a lot of time to do much forward research on such things and some things are just done on an as needed basis since I am doing this alone.

I started on DX11 a few weeks ago. In a test app, I have implemented the basic things I need to do. Device and swap chain creation, coordinate mapping, texture handling, shaders, general drawing, and resizing. I ran into some things that DX11.1 handles better so will see about that later. It is not so much these things that get into the way but some other nuances that can be a problem like sync and several other things. I am creating the data structures and methods that will allow this to fold into the DX9 implementation. When I mentioned to others that I will be adding support for DX11, they assumed I would be replacing DX9 with DX11 and got bent out of shape. I told them calm down :) and it will all be seamless and not to worry and I am not removing support for DX9 or DX9EX.

In general, I don't ask questions about things until I know enough to ask an appropriate question.

geposted Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 11:40 am
fyi windows 8.1 64 had same issue.

geposted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 8:46 pm
hi Guys
I've discovered a mistake
When switching off the broadcast (PC to PC)
Crashes the program
but starts again immediately.

geposted Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 8:23 am
Ok so I have downloaded the 64 bit version tonight and been playing around with it, looks good. However, on the skin (default) half the time it loses the preview of the video, its just blank. It is still outputting fine to TV's but I cant see on the skin the video. I have to restart the program to get it back?

geposted Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 7:22 pm
Sun.2 clock in the night .....
Error occurs after about 4 hours of game time in the switch off broadcast (PC to PC) again.
History was not saved either.
From the switch off until it is back it takes only a few seconds.
I also have to reassign FX buttons or pads manually.
Everything gone.
So the mistake is re-producible .... but only after a certain period.

Sorry History is ok.
Everything else is still like that.
3 o'clock in the morning in Germany

Sorry Googel translator

geposted Thu 11 Oct 18 @ 12:30 am
Download of all addons about settings still not possible !!!

geposted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 1:18 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
v8.3-64 b4592 tested many times :

- Fails to open most of the time (often opens then close)
- Some ASIO are in error (specially voicemeeter potato VAIO3 which is experimental, functionnal in vdj-32)
- Video window remaind black
- Disapears from task manager

however all superposition (screengrab text cover camera slideshow and even video skins) works great

pretty sure it's video driver related,

Operating System: Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
DirectX Version: DirectX 12 <******************************* DX 12 but ... ************>
Card name: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2702
DDI Version: 10
Feature Levels: 10_0,9_1 <******************************* ... DX 10 features only :( ***************>
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_B ModeVC1_C
DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_MOCOMP DXVA2_ModeWMV9_MoComp DXVA2_ModeWMV9_IDCT DXVA2_ModeVC1_MoComp DXVA2_ModeVC1_IDCT
D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
MPO MaxPlanes: 1
MPO Caps: Not Supported
MPO Stretch: Not Supported
MPO Media Hints: Not Supported
MPO Formats: Not Supported
PanelFitter Caps: Not Supported
PanelFitter Stretch: Not Supported

Everithing else seems to work the same as 32 bits version, even custom experimental plugins; vst-64...
(32 bit known issues too)

geposted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 1:29 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
@EXELBONSAI skins pads samples are, only effect are not, look like no 64bit version are available yet, we have to wait for that :(

geposted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 1:38 pm
That I do not understand. , ,
Manually (via the forum) I can download and install skins, etc. and use it in the 64 version ...

My hint. , ,
The download via the VDJ options does not work. ,

geposted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 6:57 pm
cpz379 wrote :
Still everything is disappeared. I don't have no more my previous skins and my soundeffects as Ozone 8. What can I do to get back my skins and my soundeffects. Thank you very much for your help. I see all those things in my documents in Windows 10 but I don't see these things in Virtual DJ 2018.

bonjour je vien de télécharger la version vdj que vous venez de mette je la testerais esque ses la mise ajours du vdj home plus merci

geposted Fri 02 Nov 18 @ 8:36 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Just a quick question:
It seems like the last official build "VirtualDJ 2018 b4592 PC" is described as 64 bits compatible but in order to work in pure 64 bits do I need continue using the 64 bits beta build with auto-updates (currently virtual 8.3-64 b4671)?
Thank you!

geposted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 4:22 pm
As someone who has embraced technology since the days of DOS, what I've noticed is that win 10 has taken a step backwards. I hate everything about it and I do not intend to upgrade from my trusty old Win 7 64 to an intrusive Win 10 which btw was a free upgrade. Just because Win 7 will not be supported by MS, is not a good enough reason for me to upgrade.

As much as I love VDJ, I will not be forced to upgrade my OS in order to enjoy the new 64bit advantages of VDJ and because of that, I'm OUT!

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 11:47 am
Just make sure you don't leave your house in case you get hit by a bus now......

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 11:54 am
I have to ask - what are you going to do when you go buy a new computer and none of them have win7?
it won't be provided to manufacturers, you won't be able to activate on computers eventually even if you do buy a few copies in advance because they are going to shut down support in just over a year and then you'll be stuck with un-official support, and there will most likely be no security updates either.

as for win10 being intrusive? whether it's "privacy" settings or how it interacts with your computer - you can turn off just about everything in it, chose when and if it updates, and still have functional software.

eventually you just have to bite the bullet and upgrade or get left behind while everyone else moves forward. we see the same thing happening with guys who want to keep using v7 and won't upgrade to 8.3. and the difference in sound is reason enough on it's own to upgrade let alone the rest of what it brings to the party.

can't remain a digital Luddite and expect to keep up with the competition who will be using newer software with all the benefits that go with it..

just my opinion anyway. feel free to ignore it.

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 8:36 pm
Thanks.

I have a new laptop that has win 10 and the one thing that I do not like is the auto updates. I am aware that new CPUs will need win 10 in order for the build to work.

The desktop build is the one that will require the os upgrade.

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 11:36 pm
there are a great many websites - including microsoft's - that tell you how to control when and if updates happen.

trust me, I was just reluctant to use win10 at first. now? makin it fly. sure there's a learning curve. but there was one with VirtualDJ from 7 to 8 and we survived.

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 11:59 pm
50%