Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: OLD WebDesign , NEW Design... - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

How can I look at your webpage again in the old design ?
Man is a creature of habit, pure stress with you .
...Terribly the new layout. (functions)
regards
MarshallTom

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 10:26 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I think is a great improvement overall, but I really miss the notification of last post and last plugins that was in the bottom part of the old web.

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 2:05 pm
Yep , this is it was I meant.

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 2:48 pm
I think it looks fresh, and I like the way it turned out. To be honest, I just need to find thinks, and don't spend that much time looking at all the improvements. However, you will never be able to please everyone, so let the games begin.

geposted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 10:47 pm
but I really miss the notification of last post and last plugins that was in the bottom part of the old web.

THIS

geposted Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 1:34 am
MarshallTOM wrote :
but I really miss the notification of last post and last plugins that was in the bottom part of the old web.

THIS

Fair point
But adding that won't be going back to the old design. That will be improving the new one. That's at least how I see it

geposted Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 2:14 am
face it kids... like it or not we're stuck with it. get used to it.

geposted Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 2:42 am
Kudos to the Webdeveloper(s) and Designer(s). Page looks awesome.

One question thou...?

I saw on one of the screenshots of VDJ, the Harmonic Field by color. Where you change that, I don't find it on the settings.

geposted Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 12:34 pm
I normally just get used to it when there is a new look, but initial impression on this look is too much brightness.

geposted Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 2:33 pm
Granted, it would be nice to have a choice of colour schemes.

geposted Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 5:20 pm
Changelog page could benefit from some CSS tweaking.
Otherwise, nice - looks more modern.

geposted Fri 22 Feb 19 @ 2:20 pm
Like the new design. Bright and cheery. Seems very modern to this senior citizen...

geposted Fri 22 Feb 19 @ 4:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
Granted, it would be nice to have a choice of colour schemes.

can definitely agree on that one considering that a lot of us work in a VERY dark environment a dark theme that didn't mess with the eyes would be nice

geposted Fri 22 Feb 19 @ 8:22 pm
Why are hardware manuals listed under 'download' when it's not possible to download them?

They used to be downloadable in the past, but Atomix saw fit to remove this feature for some reason. Users have requested that downloadable manuals be made available again, but this has not happened.

For a brief moment there, I did think that maybe something useful had been done, but no.

geposted Fri 22 Feb 19 @ 10:42 pm
groovindj wrote :
Why are hardware manuals listed under 'download' when it's not possible to download them?.

They will be soon, and besides from that, all browsers can print to pdf and download any page... so its more a menu logic, where many old schoolers will look under download when it comes to manuals

groovindj wrote :

They used to be downloadable in the past, but Atomix saw fit to remove this feature for some reason. .

Obviously since we changed manuals from static premade pdf files, to dynamically updated live on site manuals .. more modern, and what most all prefer
(not exclusive to us anyways, most all have onlines manuals by now.. its 2019 :) )

That being said, yes we're making it easier to download the page should one want.

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 11:45 am
It may be 2019 but there are still cases where a DJ may be playing away from an internet connection - or simply prefer not to access the internet during a gig.

It's very useful to have manuals stored on our DJ computers in the above scenario, and not having to rely on a connection.

By the way, the new web design is still not very user friendly when accessed on smartphone. Too many small elements.

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 12:19 pm
Rune,

Can you also add a clear link to previous builds in the download section.. Someone asks where to get a previous version every other day and it's currently not easy to find.

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 2:55 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Someone asks where to get a previous version every other day.

That sounds very odd.. if so something else is wrong :) should be no need for previous version, except very rare cases.
Where are these "every other day" ones? i saw none, when trying to find looking at latest posts done

(if you are speaking of early access users, or beta testers, perhaps former should have roll-back inside software if so, and latter is all good, beta doesnt overwrite current version)

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 4:13 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I think it’s more accurate to say that quite often a suggested solution to someone’s issue is to try an older build to see if the issue is related to a newer build. In those cases, people sometimes don’t know where to look.

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 4:17 pm
PhilW wrote :
more accurate to say that quite often a suggested solution to someone’s issue is to try an older build

Would think most of the time that would not be the best advice though, unless its early access users or beta testers.
For everyone else it should be very rare you need to roll back :)

That being said, can always add "Earlier Builds" in menu or footer, doesnt hurt.. .
. was just a little odd to hear "every other day someone ask" :)

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 4:18 pm
74%