Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: OLD WebDesign , NEW Design... - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

It's often suggested by Teamers themselves.

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 5:46 pm
It's quite common that users blindly update to the latest EA build when they get the popup message, even when they have a gig the same day.

If they experience a problem, they post on the forum that "I updated and X failed". They blame the update for their problems, so the common advice is to install the previous build and see if the problem is cured ( to make sure that the issue really was caused by the new build).

geposted Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 6:16 pm
For early access updates the description says:

Get early access to new updates and new features as soon as they are fully tested

What is someone supposed to think about that? Does that mean early updates have been fully tested? Who test it anyway? Whoever does not seem to be able to find the simplest of bugs that have been there forever and so how can you trust anything.

Don't think it says beta anywhere... Even if it did, appears it is mostly ignored by many...

When you do try to update to an early access, perhaps a warning about being a beta... You don't know when they might change some behavior on you either... Video skins defaulted to on when it first came out and no one knew how to turn it off and surprise..

There is no rollback mechanism so easier access to old builds would seem obvious.

geposted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 12:20 am
I get the early access updates. I have never had a problem with them. I have seen post about a few problems here and there but for the vast majority of the time I see no complaints posted.

geposted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 12:39 am
And there you go and why people update to the early access builds.. Then someone will say: "well I don't see a problem so they must not be any" It means nothing because it is highly unlikely that someone saying that kind of thing knows anything about testing... also implies he can't find any bugs based on what he does and so it must apply to everyone else...

geposted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 12:56 am
Excuse me, but I started to discuss about the Webpage Desighn (functions).
We don't talk about VDJ build updates .
Please write what you think about , how looks the webpage .
thank you

geposted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 5:11 pm
MarshallTOM wrote :
I started to discuss about the Webpage Desighn (functions)

Yes, and we're still talking about that.

It was suggested that a link to previous builds be provided somewhere obvious because many people don't know how to revert, or where the builds are.

geposted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 5:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)