Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Compiling the DAC-3 mapper SDK - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I'm still currently having issues compiling a working DLL using the DAC-3 plugin SDK.

I'm currently using Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2005 Express Edition (Should I be using something else?)

I've corrected a number of issues that prevent the code from compiling (Such as typecasting of const char vs char, and use of IntToStr/IntToStrRelative without the 2nd parameter.

Additional headers are also required to get it to compile besides - I'm currently using , but this gives me the following issue due to redefinition of DllGetClassObject:

c:\\data\\miscellaneous\\code\\vdj\\DAC3Mapper.h(119) : error C2375: 'DllGetClassObject': redefinition; different linkage
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK\\include\\objbase.h(833) : see declaration of 'DllGetClassObject'

Compiling the same code under Dev C++ works, but the DLL produced is not compatible with VDJ (Doesn't use thiscall for the functions) and causes VDJ to crash at startup.

If I change the DllGetClassObject to match that in objbase.h, the DLL compiles successfully, VDJ loads successfully with it present but does not use it (Tested by mapping unused DAC-3 Apply button to cue_stop in the code.)

Perhaps I'm using the wrong header files? I don't have much experience compiling Windows DLL's (I have plenty of programming experience, but mainly under Linux.)

Do you have any ideas/suggestions how I can resolve the issues I'm having, so I can successfully compile a working DLL and start work on my custom mapper?

The code I am using can be viewed/downloaded at: http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj/code

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 2:47 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello, and thank you for working with us!

In your source file, start with:

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include < windows.h>
#include "DAC3Mapper.h"

You can remove stdio.h (replace sprintf by wsprintf)

This should complie :)

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 10:49 pm
Thanks - The code now compiles successfully with the addition of
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

Have made a start on customising the DAC-3 - So far have direct FX 1-3 working and better jogwheel behaviour.

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 2:38 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ok good :)

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 9:19 am
Is there any way to get the current status (I.e: Enabled or disabled) of the following:

* FX 1-3 active on each channel.
* Timestretch.
* Timecode active and timecode bypass.

The Song[] structure doesn't contain this info.

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 12:56 pm
@jpboggis -

Sounds like your getting there mate - Many thanks for your time & effort you've put into this, us other DAC-3 owners appreciate it !

Can't wait for your completed plugin !

geposted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 11:09 am
Now that I've got the plugin to compile successfully and work with VDJ, I'm making steady progress.

I've already got it functioning similar to my MIDI configuration, but it still has quite a few bugs. It's currently statically mapped (Can't be changed without changing the code), but I'm also working on implementing mapping using an XML config file, so the final version can be customised to suit your requirements without any coding.

geposted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 2:19 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Excellent.

Patiently waiting.

geposted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 6:05 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@jpboggis

Could you add your msn on you blog with a level "professional edition user" as i would like to work with you for the xml. I wanted to do the same thing fo the dj console ;-)

geposted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 8:56 pm
I don't use MSN, but you can E-mail me (See my blog for my address.)

My aim is to release a statically mapped (Can't be customised, except for some parameters such as jogwheel sensitivity, etc.) for v1.0 and a fully customisable version via XML for v2.0

geposted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 9:29 pm
When do you expect to have this completed?.

geposted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 9:36 pm
I hope to have v1.0 finished by the end of the week (Hopefully before Fri 2nd Dec.)

v2.0 will follow a week or two later, depending on how much work is involved.

geposted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 10:13 pm
Will you be able to pitch bend using Shift with the jog wheel like your midi-mapper in this version? This is probably the thing I miss the most. Also, I have plugged the Evo-xsession thing back in now the midi is available again - nice to have the video crossfader back !

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 12:21 pm
The jogwheel in my custom mapper DLL pitchbends when the deck is playing and scratches when paused (Like most CD players.) You can scratch while playing by holding [CP] and you can also toggle scratch instead of pitchbend while playing on/off ([CP]+[MATCH]) [SHIFT]+jogwheel is used to browse through files.

The sensitivity of the jogwheels will be adjustable for cue, pitchbend, scratch and file browsing via user parameters which will be accessible directly from the DAC-3.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 12:58 pm
Sounds great. :)

geposted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 1:28 pm
Any updates on V.1 mapper release?.

I know you were hoping to get it to us by last Friday.

Thanks

geposted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 2:00 pm
Still working on it at the moment - I'm currently on v0.7, but there's still quite a few bugs to fix.

I'll hopefully get it finished at some point this week if all goes well.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 7:19 pm
guevaraHome userMember since 2005
m still currently having issues compiling a working DLL using the DAC-3 plugin SDK.

I'm currently using Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2005 Express Edition (Should I be using something else?)

I've corrected a number of issues that prevent the code from compiling (Such as typecasting of const char vs char, and use of IntToStr/IntToStrRelative without the 2nd parameter.

Additional headers are also required to get it to compile besides - I'm currently using , but this gives me the following issue due to redefinition of DllGetClassObject:

c:\data\miscellaneous\code\vdj\DAC3Mapper.h(119) : error C2375: 'DllGetClassObject': redefinition; different linkage
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\include\objbase.h(833) : see declaration of 'DllGetClassObject'

Compiling the same code under Dev C++ works, but the DLL produced is not compatible with VDJ (Doesn't use thiscall for the functions) and causes VDJ to crash at startup.

If I change the DllGetClassObject to match that in objbase.h, the DLL compiles successfully, VDJ loads successfully with it present but does not use it (Tested by mapping unused DAC-3 Apply button to cue_stop in the code.)

Perhaps I'm using the wrong header files? I don't have much experience compiling Windows DLL's (I have plenty of programming experience, but mainly under Linux.)

Do you have any ideas/suggestions how I can resolve the issues I'm having, so I can successfully compile a working DLL and start work on my custom mapper?

The code I am using can be viewed/downloaded at: http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj/code

geposted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 12:03 am
So this guy just cut and pasted your earlier message ?

geposted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 2:54 pm
Looks like it - I'm not sure why? I fixed that issue ages ago.

Perhaps he was trying to get hold of the mapper to use with the 3.1 demo (or a cracked copy?) It won't work with either (No built-in DAC-3 support prior to VDJ 3.2)

geposted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 4:17 pm
30%