Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need some help/advice

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

StyxWGHome userMember since 2006
Hi, im 15 and brand new to this site and almost brand new to Mixing, i have always loved it and have always been amused by DJ's and producers. I wanted to buy Virtual DJ but im afraid it will be too hard for such a beginner like myself, and i only have 190 dollars to my name so idk if i want to buy something this expensive and have it go to waste. Please give me your honest thoughts about if beginners can become good with this and such.Btw Hi im wes and the boards are looking very nice.

Thanks.

geposted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 8:41 pm
Firstly what sort of music are you interesting in? Do you have any musical experience at all? The actual software itself is easy enough to learn how to perform simple mixes and there is a 20 day trial available from the homepage so be sure to download and check it out. Dance music will be the best genre to learn with, something with a heavy kick drum every beats.

geposted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 8:56 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Honestly i started using VDJ because of it easy interface and great features. Have you tried the demo yet?? You still have to lean some basics of mixing but VDJ makes the experience a lot easier. If money is an issue you can but the basic home version $40 (i think) and get started to see if its what you really like then later upgrade to the pro version with more features. If you want to start mixing mp3's I think you'll love VDJ, and the community here is fantastic, you'll get tons of advice and help.

geposted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 9:00 pm
Thanks to both of you, i tryed the demo verison and was a little confused the first day, but then i went back after coming home from school and it wont let me back on it, saying that there was a an error and i sent an error report, so i tryed re-installing it and same thing happened, im not sure whats going on with it, also another question, say i buy it on my laptop, would i also be able to install it on my other computer?

geposted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 9:28 pm
Oh, and to your question andrew the type of music i am in to is Rap/Hip-hop so that is what i would be using it for

geposted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 9:29 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@styxwg

If you buy the program on your laptop you will indeed be able to use it on another computer. However, the EULA states that you must be the only user of the program, i.e. you can't give a copy of the program to your mate for him to use as well.

If you buy it, you will be sent a download of the .exe to your pc/laptop. You will also be given your serial number for installation. Install the program while you are connected to the internet and burn the .exe to cd. Keep a note of the serial number and when it comes to installing on your second pc, you just put the cd in (while connected to the net), run the setup file and then insert your serial number when prompted.

That way, you have the program on two pc's...:o)

Hope this helps.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

geposted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 10:27 pm
Thank you very much for the help, is this a good program for hip-hop/rap mixing?

geposted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 11:34 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
its good for all kinds of mixing. only thing it mite not be that good at mixing would be drinks mabey. dont know about this one ive never tried it but id say its an educated guess.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 12:25 am
DJ'ing Hip-Hop is harder than most electronic dance music but don't let this put you off because turntablism is also one of the most fun things to learn! The first thing anyone thinks of when a pair of decks is mentioned is scratching and this is one of the main skills you'll learn when DJ'ing Hip-Hop.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 12:32 am
hmm, thank you to all, im just not sure if i want to put 150 bucks into and then have it go to waste caues im too new to use it.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 12:58 am
It doesn't matter if you are new to Dj'ing. We all were at one point.

What matters is that you practice, practice and practice some more until you're good at what you do. Do you think everyone here who plays at a club, or a bar, or does weddings, or runs a mobile disco business and all that other stuff started off as a great dj? What about the guys who make a living using VirtualDJ??? Did they start off as a fabulous dj? No, of course they didn't. These things take time man...:o)

Practice all you can. Download the trial version http://www.virtualdj.com/download.html again for 20 days and check it out. Try some songs on it. Get a feel for the program and if you like it and can committ yourself to using it and you feel it's worth it, then by all means, buy the full version. Trust me, one day it could be you making your living out of it.

The demo doesn't give you access to all the features available, but you will get the basics of it which will allow you practice.

Get to know your music. If you're a hip hop/r n b man then mix this type of music. You'll soon gain a knowledge of good tunes, good mixes and what song should go with what other song. Don't get me wrong, it won't happen overnight, but it didn't happen overnight for any of us either.

As listen2 said earlier...this forum is great and there's always someone around who can help. If you need any advice, just let us know...;o)

Chill. Be cool and mix till your heart's content. The demo version is free and as good a place as any to start. Believe me, Virtual DJ rocks (ask anyone here) and I can probably guarantee you that you won't feel like it's a waste of money. Don't rush into anything though...just let the vibes take you where you need to go. Once you've been mixing for a while, you'll just know if you need to buy it or not.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 1:11 am
Thank you very much, i tryed to DL it again but same thing happened, i guess ill have to wait till i get the other computer to try out the demo verision, thank you again, im definatly considering it.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 1:39 am
I think if you contact eservice they will be able to help you. They should be able to send you another demo download...i think.

Cheers

P

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 6:44 pm
tuncaHome userMember since 2006
Hi I`m 15 and i want to know why can`t I record in mp3

thanks

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:43 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJ is hands down the easiest way to learn to DJ. if anyone knows of a simpler way......... i started DJing a house party with VDJ after never using it or anything more technical than winamp to play songs with

it is just so rite smack obv in front of you. it would be hard to not understand

geposted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 2:20 am
@Tunca

VDJ doesn't record to .mp3. When you record from the program, it creates a .bin or .cue file that you should then burn to cd.

In any case, I'm not sure if the record function is available in the demo version.

P

geposted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 4:22 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)