Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just got back from Mobile Beat Las Vegas

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just got back from the show. Good to see Atomix representing with a ridculously large booth at the show. They had, easily the largest booth of the show. Huge stage, projection screens, multiple walkup DJ stations with turntables, TCV and laptops. Booth was larger than Rane, Pioneer, Tascam, Visual Discomix, etc.

One interesting thing I saw was the booth from the guys at EKS (makers of XP10). This was really the only booth that caught my eye. A couple of things in there that got my attention. 1 was the rack mount adapter for the xp10 controller. It allows you to mount two xp10 side by side in a 19 inch rack. I know a lot of you have been asking about it.

The other was the new controller they are coming out with. I played with a working prototype. This is an xp10 like controller but it is the size of a full turntable with a motorized platter and a big piece of vinyl sitting on it! This is the holy grail of controllers we have been asking for since forever! It connects via USB just like an xp10. It has buttons on it just like an xp10 but it has a direct drive motor driving the platter, a vinyl record on top and feels just like a turntable but no needles, no skipping, no TCV required, etc.

This is huge, I can't wait until they release this thing for real!

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 6:53 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The other was the new controller they are coming out with. I played with a working prototype. This is an xp10 like controller but it is the size of a full turntable with a motorized platter and a big piece of vinyl sitting on it! This is the holy grail of controllers we have been asking for since forever! It connects via USB just like an xp10. It has buttons on it just like an xp10 but it has a direct drive motor driving the platter, a vinyl record on top and feels just like a turntable but no needles, no skipping, no TCV required, etc.

Really???????????????????????????????????????
Where can i see it???????

This is what i was waiting for! :D

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:12 pm

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:39 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Cool...nice news
the down side of that controller would be the price, if its the same or higher then the xp10 it would not justify buying, (speaking for myself) i'd still rather have real decks, just being able to mix real cd's or viny; along mp3's is great, and probably the same price....we'll have to see

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 8:42 pm
Looks great!

Can't wait to see it's price lol :D

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 8:49 pm
yeah spent quite a bit of time at the booth playing with the prototype. i think it is a long ways away. i asked the rep a lot of questions and basically the prototype is just a model. it doesn't work yet. all the knobs, faders, pitch controll, etc they didn't do anything... basically and empty shell with a motor to turn the platter. i can't wait for it though, definitely a very cool idea!!

geposted Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 3:37 am

geposted Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 6:43 am
erldprlPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I cant get any tech supppppppoooooorrrrtttttt where is everybody!!!!!!!

geposted Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 8:34 pm
@eridpri which tech support? what are you talking about?
I think it's not right topic, is it? What would you like to ask?

geposted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 9:42 am
Guys.. about this new controller from eks.
Is there any page describing it? or maybe some more pics/specs?

How it is called actually???
Maybe the date of release? :)

thank you

geposted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 9:45 am

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 1:14 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)