Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Cue vs. Virtual DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Planning on buying Numark's new controler DMC 2 which comes with Cue LE. Does anyone know the diffrence between the two programs? Should I jut continue to use VDJ or should I start using Cue?

geposted Tue 08 May 07 @ 12:39 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
From what i've read in these forums, CUE & VDJ are exactly the same, just a different default skin. Both are completely compatible with all the skins, downloads, effects etc.

You did say that the DMC2 comes with CueLE. I think that stands for Light Edition, and has some features removed. Its packed with the hardware so the new controller can be used out of the box by new users, so i think sticking with your VDJ PRO is the answer :)

Gary

geposted Tue 08 May 07 @ 12:42 am
Thanks, thats what i was afraid of.

Will VDJ continue to update its products?

geposted Tue 08 May 07 @ 12:52 am
can't u see we always do plus they are free

geposted Tue 08 May 07 @ 1:01 am
Kewl, I knew I could count on VDJ.

geposted Tue 08 May 07 @ 1:15 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I assume Cue LE is the "Lite Edition". Have no idea what it is but I assume its a demo that comes with it, same as the ICDX.

geposted Tue 08 May 07 @ 1:25 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
djsatisfaction wrote :
Thanks, thats what i was afraid of.

I have been using CUE for six months now. During that time there have been updates and I have taken advantagwe of them. Not to mention downloading skins and other useful tools. Please do not forget that your also joining a community of DJs of all levels who are willing and able to help you in many and varried ways. This is not mentioned in any sales brochure anywhere, and it should be! The Djs here are open honest and extremely willing to give all the advice you need to remedy any situation that might occer. Please take this information in account before deciding which non-limited version to purchase. Personally I have never been more happy with a desicion about purchasing a DJ product in 20 years than I am with this one.

geposted Tue 08 May 07 @ 1:25 am
I plan on buying Virtual DJ soon 'cause my friend loves it and says it's real stable. I don't know too much about CUE or know anyone who has it which scares me to buy it. I also don't know if you have to use their ASIO soundcard to work with their timecoded vinyl and CUE (e.g. Finalscratch 2). I know I can use any ASIO card with Virtual DJ. I don't want to buy CUE because I already have a ASIO soundcard and would hate to have to buy another one. I plan on trying to contact Numark about this but I thought I would do some searching first.

So my question is: if CUE and Virtual DJ are the same, will the Numark timecoded vinyl work with Virtual DJ? The reason I am asking is because I'm from the states and to buy two Virtual DJ timecoded vinyl's would cost me $50 incluiding S&H (without tax, if any). I know I can get Numark's timecoded vinyl for about $15 in the states. Or does anyone know where I can buy Virtual DJ timecoded vinyl in the states?

geposted Mon 14 May 07 @ 12:29 am
Numark Cue = Virtual DJ

same program.

end of story.

yes - Numark Virtual Vinal will work with VDJ

Same program. Same Vinal, Different label

Yes the Numark Soundcard will work with VDJ/CUE

Same Program, Same Soundcard.

plus all the extra goodies and assorted bits that Tear Em Up mentioned

geposted Mon 14 May 07 @ 12:38 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djsatisfaction wrote :

Of course and it's currently the case (..."Wait and see") ;-)

geposted Mon 14 May 07 @ 12:52 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the lite edition i belive is similar to console edition

geposted Mon 14 May 07 @ 11:01 am
tonnyjun wrote :
I plan on buying Virtual DJ soon 'cause my friend loves it and says it's real stable. I don't know too much about CUE or know anyone who has it

Since your your friend is loyal to the VDJ and because VDJ / CUE are the same. I guess that we can look foward in seeing you on the boards as a new member.

geposted Mon 14 May 07 @ 5:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)