Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Weeeeeeee : ) Total Control - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Paulettecerra,

I have a quick question about enabling the Total Control. Do you enable the device by checking the Numark CueControl option? Do you need to map anything or does it come as plug-in-play?

I am thinking ordering it today.

Let me know how it is, I appreciate it.

Thanks

DJ Palamuth

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 7:18 pm
Go to Config, Remote Control, Select Numark Total Control and bingo,, all the pretty light flash.. No Mapper really need.. I would like one… There is a noticeable delay between the controller and the software I’m not happy about..

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 7:28 pm
Thanks,

I was worrying about the delay. That's why in a sense I sold my ICDXs. How bad is it?
Right now I am using my DAC-2 which has almost unnoticable latency. Not the mention my backup-or-main device Denon HD-2500 which rocks. I am experimenting with it by using the coded CD mp3 to control the Virtual DJ. But I needed a good midi controller so that I can sync or add samples from Ableton Live.

There is no device setting for the Total Control I guess.

Oh well, I should not order it right away then.

Thanks for the info.

DJ Palamuth

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 7:37 pm
Don’t get me wrong , the controller is a lot mot user friendly than the MK2.. Knobs and button work really good.. When I move the cross fader side to side you can see that it’s dragging behind slightly.. The size of the controller 11” wide by 10inches ,, the jog wheels are 2” but work well..
Unfortunately no headphone jack…

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 8:08 pm
Hmm, one more question about the buttons, what is like their response, play stop cue , loop etc.

??????

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 8:21 pm
gulker wrote :
Hmm, one more question about the buttons, what is like their response, play stop cue , loop etc.

??????

Not bad... not as bad as MK1

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 8:33 pm
paulettecerra wrote :
gulker wrote :

??????

Not bad... not as bad as MK1

I guess the question I have in mind is "the look" ( respectible ).. would you be able to put on a great show with no worries? How easy do you think it would be to map if you wanted to map it for other functions?

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 9:02 pm
@paulettecerra

Thanks for the info. I want to know if it has touch sensitive jog wheels? If it does, did you notice any delay?

OO

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 9:21 pm
I never mapped anything.. It has a good appearance.. It came with two face covers to changing the look.. Default layover, White and one for the traktor software... need one with vdj logo.. would be nice if Numark sold other designs..

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 9:35 pm
hey john(paulettecerra),

have you ever used TCVs ?
i never used a usb/midi controller before with vdj only TCVs
how is the respond compared to TCVs ?
maybe a teamer can answer this question ?
shouldn't it be better, right ?

cheers,
matt

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 9:36 pm
Double O wrote :
@paulettecerra

Thanks for the info. I want to know if it has touch sensitive jog wheels? If it does, did you notice any delay?

OO

No it dosnt.. would be nice.

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 9:37 pm
Matt0218 wrote :
hey john(paulettecerra),

have you ever used TCVs ?
i never used a usb/midi controller before with vdj only TCVs
how is the respond compared to TCVs ?
maybe a teamer can answer this question ?
shouldn't it be better, right ?

cheers,
matt

I never used TCV but there defiantly is a slight delay in the response..

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 9:41 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
You have to be more specific, I think what you are seeing is latency in the gui/skin and not latency in the way the controller is working.

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:07 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My thoughts exactly, what are you doing looking at the screen anyway? I thought DJ's were ashamed of screens and mouses :D

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:23 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
You have to be more specific, I think what you are seeing is latency in the gui/skin and not latency in the way the controller is working.

latency,,yes ...... For example.. When I move the cross fader left right, the software cross fader is every so slightly behind.. Same would be pushing any of the buttons.. Push a play on the controller, the reaction so the software is every so slightly behind..
It's probably the nature of the beast.. I don’t think it’s a big deal but some of you might.
The controller is really nice..

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:25 pm
Bagpuss wrote :
My thoughts exactly, what are you doing looking at the screen anyway? I thought DJ's were ashamed of screens and mouses :D

I alway play with my mouse in public

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:30 pm
Man, you had me worried. I thought that there was a huge delay. If it's miniscule it shouldn't be a big deal for me.

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:30 pm
jfactor1 wrote :
Man, you had me worried. I thought that there was a huge delay. If it's miniscule it shouldn't be a big deal for me.

I mentioned it because the people around hear seem very picky, and that not a bad thing..
I hate my MK1.. It’s a piece of junk.

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:34 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
paulettecerra wrote :
latency,,yes ...... For example.. When I move the cross fader left right, the software cross fader is every so slightly behind.. Same would be pushing any of the buttons.. Push a play on the controller, the reaction so the software is every so slightly behind..
It's probably the nature of the beast.. I don’t think it’s a big deal but some of you might.
The controller is really nice..

It depends on the controller MIDI output speed. I'm personally making my own controller with a latency of ~2ms and I can't see latency AT ALL. I'm not a scratch DJ, but I deal with high-response devices (such as for videogame ones) and I can tell you when I see latencies, even for screen refreshes. With my Mk2 I can "feel" the latency, because it has a ~16ms delay between knob/sliders steps.

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:35 pm
This thing has a Power DC in .. I plug it into the wall and I don’t notice and difference with it plugged in or not.. The manual is really basic and doesn’t even display the power supply and what it for… Any thoughts???

Also on the back it has a small hole with a picture of a lock under it and the manual doesn’t talk about it either.

geposted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:44 pm
22%