Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can DJs dance? - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I am one of the fortunate ones, I dance very well. I can't do the split anymore, but I do very well on the dance floor. I dance behind the controls, and get pull out onto the dance floor. But, I make it short and sweet, because that is not why I'm there. As long as I can remember, girls love the guys that can dance.

geposted Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 8:02 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I look like I've been set on fire during an epileptic fit. Hence why I stick to the "holding headphones against left ear while nodding to the beat" thing...

geposted Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 8:56 pm
I can dance and I dance in the booth when I'm spinning. That's how I got my nickname. DJ JumpinJim :-)

geposted Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 9:53 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
i gotta agree with norway

i was the dorky kid that didn't dance .....BUT was really into the music .....

LOL... and your all grown up.... and your still a dork Chuck....lol But a lovable one my friend...

geposted Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 10:16 pm
does the twist count?

the running man?

the cabbage patch?

the sprinkler?

the ed lover dance?

and every once in a while... get your travolta on!

geposted Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 11:35 pm
if done to the wrong style of music ... Most of those dances would probably look like you doing some kind of aerobics and the ed lover, if not done properly - well, a dog in heat ( dry humping the air ) hehe.

geposted Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 11:46 pm
i usually just stand there in my darkly brooding kinda way.....just oozing cool

geposted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 1:06 am
i learned my best dance moves from Beavis & Butthead

geposted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 11:05 am
goapmrHome userMember since 2004
I can dance and dj. When i am really in de mix you can see me dance and doing my things on the weels of steel. Its also nice that you can check the sound on the floor. I got a headphone with a super sound. mostly better then what is in the place and the monitor.

geposted Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 11:24 am
Maybe Atomix could make us some usb footwear which beatlocks to the track we're playing ? :)

geposted Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 12:34 pm
yeah but if they made one that plugged into the dj....

um. on second thought... i DONT even want to think about where the plug would go.

ewww.

geposted Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 2:41 pm
I can't really dance either...just a couple basic dances ... I will tell you... especially older people LOVE IT wihen a DJ gets out on the dance floor and leads a dance. Even if it is just a conga line. I have gotten many a tips for being on that dance floor.

I call it "SHAKING YOUR MONEY MAKER" .... lol

I live in South Florida, I don't know if it just the location that I'm in, but the people down here LOVE super interactive DJs. <-- like I said, great tip maker.

geposted Sun 10 Jun 07 @ 2:51 pm
I second dgimixer. How about it teamers? Could this be your next ground breaking project?

geposted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 1:04 am
speed, what up i agree i'm in south florida too. in the mobile business interactives can give you double the work. people love it but i don't. but it's all about the $$$$$. and yes djs can dance.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 2:26 am
i can dance as a dj, but it's super annoying when im on a girl and she has no rhythm. also, sadly, i am always counting out the beats in my head while dancing haha

geposted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 6:11 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I usually just keep myself to myself behind the wheels...but i do move about quite a bit and generally make an ass of myself. At every gig i do i go onto the floor and lead the usual ymca, timewarp, cha cha slide, hey baby...for kid's parties it's music man, superman and what have you. I always get good comments because I interact with the crowd. They may laugh at you at first, but after a while, they're not really laughing at you...they're smiling because they're actually enjoying watching you...perhaps they've never seen a dj doing stuff like that before. I get alot of kids parties cos I always do my best to get the little so and so's onto the floor...:o)

In fact, yesterday I was doing a christening (i run a mobile business) and for the life of me i couldn't get them going. It seemed that only a few folks actually wanted to be there...but i guess that's the territory of sunday afternoon gigs. Anyway, I tried games, sing a longs (Dean Martin - That's Amore hehehe...:o) ) and still nothing. So i just thought to myself "Ok, time for drastic tactics". I announced to the audience that this was one they could do whilst in their chairs (cos they were a boring lot!) and asked them all to stick their left arms up in the air. Pressed the play button and took to the floor myself...and did the hokey cokey. By myself...on the dancefloor...with a mike...like an idiot...with all these boring sods still in their chairs. A few of them got up to join me, but they mostly stayed in their seats just singing along and clapping their hands and stuff. Got quite the round of applause at the end and a few smiley faces, so that was nice.

Certainly in the mobile business you've got to have balls (of steel) sometimes and a little bit of imagination. You may have a few tricks up your sleeve but every gig's different. Dancing certainly entertains the crowd and can encourage them up to join you...along with a bit of cheeky dj patter.

I saw a dj three weeks ago doing a kid's communion. He didn't do anything. He played ok music, but didn't entertain the crowd at all. It made me realise that all the lights and volume and good looking gear and good music don't really matter a toss...if you don't speak to people, you're lost. They'd be as well sticking a quid in the jukebox for all the services you are providing.

Gotta love those sunday afternoon-ers!

(",)

P

geposted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 12:56 pm
I dance whether the dance floor is empty or not. It shows I don't need a full dance floor to enjoy the music. If they don't move, and you don't move, it may seem like your verifying the fact that the music is NOT dance-able. So why not move a little. It also, believe it or not, shows some personality and gets the creative juices flowing. Makes one not appear like he is at a boring office job. And, you don't want anyone to ever say, gee, anyone can do what he's doing, heck, even HE looks bored.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 2:16 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pionara wrote :
I usually just keep myself to myself behind the wheels...but i do move about quite a bit and generally make an ass of myself. At every gig i do i go onto the floor and lead the usual ymca, timewarp, cha cha slide, hey baby...for kid's parties it's music man, superman and what have you. I always get good comments because I interact with the crowd. They may laugh at you at first, but after a while, they're not really laughing at you...they're smiling because they're actually enjoying watching you...perhaps they've never seen a dj doing stuff like that before. I get alot of kids parties cos I always do my best to get the little so and so's onto the floor...:o)

In fact, yesterday I was doing a christening (i run a mobile business) and for the life of me i couldn't get them going. It seemed that only a few folks actually wanted to be there...but i guess that's the territory of sunday afternoon gigs. Anyway, I tried games, sing a longs (Dean Martin - That's Amore hehehe...:o) ) and still nothing. So i just thought to myself "Ok, time for drastic tactics". I announced to the audience that this was one they could do whilst in their chairs (cos they were a boring lot!) and asked them all to stick their left arms up in the air. Pressed the play button and took to the floor myself...and did the hokey cokey. By myself...on the dancefloor...with a mike...like an idiot...with all these boring sods still in their chairs. A few of them got up to join me, but they mostly stayed in their seats just singing along and clapping their hands and stuff. Got quite the round of applause at the end and a few smiley faces, so that was nice.

Certainly in the mobile business you've got to have balls (of steel) sometimes and a little bit of imagination. You may have a few tricks up your sleeve but every gig's different. Dancing certainly entertains the crowd and can encourage them up to join you...along with a bit of cheeky dj patter.

I saw a dj three weeks ago doing a kid's communion. He didn't do anything. He played ok music, but didn't entertain the crowd at all. It made me realise that all the lights and volume and good looking gear and good music don't really matter a toss...if you don't speak to people, you're lost. They'd be as well sticking a quid in the jukebox for all the services you are providing.

Gotta love those sunday afternoon-ers!

(",)

P

well said mates

geposted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 4:16 pm
I tend to find the effort I put into my dancing is directly related to how much alcohol I've had to drink. There are some pretty awful photos of me and my mates at our uni club and surrounding area on Facebook lol. The summer ball was immense, we were all going crazy to Pendulum whilst we were dressed in suits and dresses!

geposted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 5:06 pm
Well depends what type of dancing you refering? I am reffering to dancing to like "The Twist remix" from jive Bunny, Electric Slide, Cha Cha Slide and Cha cha slide remix, chicken dance... and etc.

As far as hip hop and stuff, I bring the ladies out (pro dancers) for that.

geposted Mon 11 Jun 07 @ 5:31 pm
87%