Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Price reduction of Numark iCDX

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

rex949PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Couple of month ago, the price was US$700.
I bought one when it was $600.
Now it's only $500 online.
And today, I bought another one for $409.88 from Electronics-Expo.com.

What is going on?
Why the massive price drop all of sudden.

I've been using iCDX and it's all good. I love it.
Is there something that I don't know about?

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 2:50 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
the street price has been dropped a bit since release. Nothing more dramatic than that. Happens all the time to new products ;)

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 3:01 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
That's cheap.

I've just had a quick look around and the cheapest I can found them in the uk is around 400 quid.

It doesn't surpise me though living in rip of great Britain.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 3:49 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've got to take one of my ICDX's back for repair. The cue button doesnt respond sometimes. Also on the same deck the platter is sticking... once I've released the platter its holding on a fraction of a second too long than what it should be. My left deck is working fine but it doesnt take as much abuse as it does when I'm scratching with my right hand.

Its been working great up until now. I havent really road tested at most of my gigs and I already got probs. Hopefully its not ongoing.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 6:20 am
C'mon gentlemen, you know the game. There is probably something new in the works, and they need to get rid of the old stuff. When they released the iCDX, they were already working on a newer version. They have to keep you spending money. I would not be surprised to see something new, at the AC convention.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 8:38 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
It is just marketing, as AMaHM wrote I am sure something new is on its way. Numark has a new gadget to show us, then will wait 18 months to release it. Love the product, support the company, don't like the marketing strategy or the waiting when I see something cool.

geposted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 3:27 pm
If I ever needed to buy the iCDX, as long as I don't declare it at customs, it would be just as cheap for me to fly to the states and back and buy two of them than it would be to buy them here :(

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 8:34 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
The Price in Italy of one iCDX is 600€ and I think this is the general price for Europe, I'm little bit hungry to Numark and its Europe price politics.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 9:08 am
Guitarcenter had a fourth of july sale on the iCDX 399.99 but it was one day only and i started to get one but never used one. I use to have a denon dns 5000 and loved that.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 5:22 pm

EVERY product out there is more expensive around release than later on ;)

thats just the laws of supply and demands..

I would guess Numark produced more units iCDX after watching the initial interest, as well as price changes from interest or lack of such, from the market.

A DVD movie when new costs quite a bit, and a few months later you can knock it of at the local gasoline store a bargain deals.. ;)

Nothing dramatic about that :)

I seriosuly doubt Numark has something new that would replace the iCDX at comming NAMM show.
If they have something new to show, I'd bet on midi mixer or Total Control MK2, or something like that.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 7:48 pm
norway is the only one who got this one right. the price is plunging simply on the law of supply and demand. demand is low, prices will plunge. if supply remained the same and the demand stayed high, so would the price.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 11:00 pm
Lower manufacturing costs probably played some part in it too. Does anyone know anything about the Stanton C.314 player? I was looking at picking a pair up but haven't seen much on them.

geposted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 11:34 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Poor for scratching, fine for basic beatmixing but that's something you can do on even cheaper units, nothing special in features either, so overall I don't recommend them.

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 12:24 am
That's a shame. Other than the tray loading cd operation, I really liked the look and price of the player. I desperately need a new pair of TCV (although maybe I need new needles too, my actual vinyl sound fine though) but am still waiting for Numark to get back to me about Virtual Vinyl replacements.

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 12:35 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Bagpuss wrote :
I don't recommend them.

That's cool, I do!....;>) They offer more than is mentioned, Like Stand alone players. VDJ interfaces as HID. And as a mp3 players from an external HD without a PC. Not to mention a CD/mp3 player with all the bells and whistles.

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 4:18 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
TearEmUp wrote :
That's cool, I do!....;>) They offer more than is mentioned, Like Stand alone players. VDJ interfaces as HID. And as a mp3 players from an external HD without a PC. Not to mention a CD/mp3 player with all the bells and whistles.

I completely agree with you!

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 12:32 pm
I think Bagpuss was referring to my question about the Stanton C.314 not the iCDX. Sorry to have thrown the thread off-topic.

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 4:52 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes I was referring to the Stantons, someone didn't follow the thread :).

geposted Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 6:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)