Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This "sucks"

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I just got my computer desktop around May, June and I started having problems around july. The problem was that when I turned on the computer the computer would not load to the dos/ os. It just ran the fans with no recognition of software or video picture..nothing.

It started happening randomly at times but that was a pain enough for me to take it in to circuit city.. And of course it worked then. Well, Last night was the final straw, It happend again and I took back to Circuit City and they couldn't do anything about it either.

I called HP and of course went through there triage... which came to the same answer that me and Circuit City came up with

FRIED MOBO>>>> what the hell. After a couple of months. Now I have to send it back to HP for a replacement. It's a good thing all my music is on external drives or else I would be in trouble with no music and no way to get to it... lesson to be learned for those with music on main drive.

I have a old computer that barely supports VJD but it will get me through the next couple of weaks I hope.

Thank GOD that v5 is universal on the HTML... great job development team!!!! Great idea

I ask about the warrenty for replacement and they said that they would have to sent it out to HP anyway which would take longer with them. Then I started thinking- what the heck is the inhouse warrenty for? If I paid 200 dollars and my computer does breakdown until after the expired date then what? But since I have the 1 year HP warrenty they would send it to HP anyway instead of fixing... what a waste of money I think.

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 10:44 pm

hmm.. sounded almost like a Dell-Hell story ;)

Hope you get it sorted fast :)

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 10:52 pm
By the way TearEmUp: This is why I haven't responded back for the radio. I didn't know when my computer was going to crash or hold up. I like knowing when things work at a better percentage than a prayer.

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 10:57 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Not problem Fat..I figured when you were ready you would contact me..

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 10:58 pm
That sounds similar to a problem I had with my first sony desktop, worked great for a few weeks then the OS would load but no programs, no files or anything would display much less run. Turns out the salesman who handled it dropped it several times before bringing it to me. Lucky for me it was still under a month since I had bought it & circuitcity exchanged it right away. Have had the replacement for a few years now & am running my timecode setup on it, no problems. I hope your new one will work as good as my replacement did, good luck;^]

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 11:00 pm
heard nothing but bad things about dell here and had some bad experiances my self

hope it gets fixed for you too

good luck

geposted Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 11:08 pm
maczachHome userMember since 2010
Just goes to show you can get Dell-hell from any manufacture :)

geposted Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 3:23 pm
Yeah, but proportionally Dell reigns supreme in major manufacturer hardware issue and (lack of) support "hell".

That's why HP and other computer manufacturers have been taking chunks out of their customer install base for the past couple of years.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 3:39 pm
it was just a point, not a debate....laptops in general can be problematic.

but i am glad you didnt throw the M-word outhere.

geposted Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 3:55 pm
maczach wrote :
...but i am glad you didnt throw the M-word outhere.

Glad you noticed that I didn't mention Macs and/or Apple ... OOPS!!! ;)

geposted Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 4:32 pm
oh baby ...thats more like it!

geposted Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 10:29 pm
maczach wrote :
oh baby ...thats more like it!

Lol!!!

geposted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 6:15 am
OOOOHHHHHH A thread that I can add my input about the way I feel about Dell DELL=HELL. And to think these idiots are tryin to buy me ANOTHER one!!!!!!!

geposted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 6:19 am
Fire away discobrian24.

Let's hear about your dellish encounters with them or anyother computer manufacturers.

geposted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:09 am
Nah I dont want to hijack this thread, most of you already know about my situation. Talking about that system just makes my blood boil.

geposted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:06 pm
That situation is exactly why I build my own rigs for myself and for other people. The worst I've had happen besides a bad choice in motherboards for one system, was a burned power supply.

geposted Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 2:53 am
Well, I'm still waiting for the packing to send the CPU back... I guess I won't have the system back by my next video show.

geposted Fri 28 Sep 07 @ 6:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)