Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Software freezing....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

This happened to me a couple time while at home. I didn't think it was to big on an issue until it happened to me at my wedding on Saturday.

I'm not sure how it comes about but on Saturday I had the left deck on CUE freeze up. I could load songs into the deck but the play button was not working. I tried playing the deck with my ICDX and with the mouse with no avail. The play button would highlight like it was playing, but the song just sits there.

Sadly in the middle of dancing at one of my largest weddings this year (380 people) I had to shut CUE down and reopen it to get music playing again.

Any help would be great.... I never had an issue with CUE/VDJ until this weekend.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 5:09 pm
Ok,

After sitting around and pondering about a back up plan incase this happens again. (If there isn't a fix for it)

I can pull up Windows Media Player and load in a "back up" song there incase some thing like this happens again. I can ALT+TAB out of CUE and hit play on WMP. When the song on WMP is playing I can reboot CUE.

Will this work?

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 6:45 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
should do, read other users have done this with winamp, why not try it a few times, deliberately close vdj and bring in wmp see what happens, at least then you know if you have a quick back up and the knowledge of how long it will take for a reboot, now all you got to decide is what to put in wmp playlist

Tayla

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:08 pm
I figured I would stick a slow song in there... one about 3-4 minutes long.

Still doesn't help with why this happened, but at least I have a back up plan.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:10 pm
iPod hooked up to one of my mixer channel always works for me.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:53 pm
Sounds like a plan.

Any insite on why this would happen?

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 7:57 pm
possibly due to the bug with icdx's at the moment that i experience rather often,

see here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/77931/Hardware_Technical_Support/iCDX_jogdial_MAJOR_problem__.html

or because maybe the USB connection might have jiggled loose on one of your iCDX's and relinked, one possible quick fix would be to jump into the config menu and under controllers de-activate the icdx's (music will still play on the active deck), and re-activate the iCDX control.

this works for me sometimes, but not always, it's worth a shot

geposted Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 5:27 pm
I am having a problem with mine frezzing too.. ussually when i use the search function.. song continues playing but you cant click on anything.. then it says program not responding.. ive got 3 gb ram which should be enough.. What am i doing wrong.. or anyone have some ideas?

geposted Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 6:07 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First up, always carry some sort of back up device. You'd probably be better off with something that WASN'T computer related - what would you do if your system packed in altogether? Exactly.

Have an IPOD or a CD/DVD player hooked up to your mixer's aux channel. Leave a song on repeat or at least have a song ready to go while you run about like a panicked chicken trying to sort your system out. I have a karaoke machine hooked up to my system so I can play whatever it may be should the worst happen to my system.

I also carry system discs should anything happen and i need to do a full reboot. Just a couple of weeks ago i was doing a 40th birthday karaoke party...last song of the night (thankfully) and some idiot collapsed into all my gear...knocking over speakers, televisions, computers and all sorts. When i rebooted i was gifted with the old BSOD...no! Like i say, thankfully it was the last song. Had it been earlier i would've had to do a full reboot.

Anyway, as for the freezing thing, i find that when i go into the properties of a .wma file, my whole system freezes. Nothing is clickable, only the waveform keeps moving. Decks and everything stop dead. All i do is let my song finish and then switch over to my karaoke player and let the cd take over while i reboot. Problem solved.

Anything can make your system crash. 3gb ram should be enough, but what are you running alongside it? CPU, Graphics, OS, controller? wireless mouse/keyboard? It could be a number of things...tell us some more about your system and we may be able to help. Are your songs mp3 files or .wma's?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

geposted Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 2:46 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@Everybody having a freezing skin:

Could you test the following thing:
In the Windows registry (you can use my Registry Tool), there is a key called "SortOrderDefault". Please set the value to 0 and tell us if you still have problems of freeze

geposted Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 4:51 pm
DJcel, I am a little OS dumb.... Don't know how to get to the sort order default menu...

Here's what happened last night.
Equipment:
Numark CUE
Dual iCDX
DJiO
Toshiba Laptop
Skin CUE RMX by cioce (1280x800)

The right deck on cue started to mess up by not counting down the time for any song loading into deck. (left deck works fine) I usually click on the time to get it to work again. Yesterday I didn't touch it. I was afraid that it would really "F" things up like last week. All songs played just fine on the right deck with no count down. About one hour into the deck not counting down I get the Video screen pop up. I didn't touch anything on the computer for a one minute. Used mouse to close the video screen. Everything was playing still, but the timer still wouldn't count down on the right deck.

At least it didn't shut down on me last night.

geposted Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 4:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)