Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 5 rev 5 crash

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have the problem that my virtual dj crash without the "crash/recover" window.

my system is:
Lappy System: Vista Home, 2 Gb ram, dual core, ati grafik, external 750 GB Sata HD. M-Audio Soundcard firewire (i use the Asio Driver) , Vestax vci-100. i deactivated the unusefull services in vista.

A friend use also vdj under xp and he has the same problems. sometimes the system plays the whole night without a problem and sometimes the software crashes 3 times a night. The programm close without any message and the sound stops.

any idea?

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 5:58 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you describe the last thing you did just before the crash

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 7:19 am
That is my problem! A song play and from one moment to the next the software stops and close. (sorry for my english) i cant say that i do one special thing before the program crashes! it always happen while a song plays!!

here is the crashreport:
Crash ID=00470891 (date=711152141, version=5.0 rev.5, build=505, thread=Main, dump=8b421451, excode=c0000005 (0,14))
Crash ID=00467199 (date=711152141, version=5.0 rev.5, build=505, thread=Main, dump=8b484c8b, excode=c0000005 (0,4c))

but the crashreport is with change-date 15.11.2007 but my last crash was yesterday! so i dont think that my "crashes" are documented.

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 7:57 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
delete that crash report, so it will generate new ones if it crash.

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 9:01 am
i make that but generate it only a crash report if the window open where the software ask recover or shutdown?

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 9:08 am
Papaoke, i found closing the DWM on processes stopped windows shutting down when there wasn't an actual crash reported. For some reason it conflicted VDJ using Vista Home premium. I also have defender turned off as well as unwanted processes that don't stop me accessing the net, obviously you take your chances with security turned off.

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 12:36 pm
Papaoke wrote :
here is the crashreport:
Crash ID=00470891 (date=711152141, version=5.0 rev.5, build=505, thread=Main, dump=8b421451, excode=c0000005 (0,14))

VirtualDJ was faced to an "invalid" folder. Can you reproduce it with the same folder?

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 4:13 pm
I dont know what you mean wit the "same folder"? Yesterday i used the direct sound driver an i had no crash!

geposted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 6:30 am
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello,

Oh my sh~t.......what a night!!!! Iv spent 2 months converting my collection and learning all that Cue v5 ( Vdj ) has to offer just to be jolly rogered by it.

last night was the first time it was used with the numark dj / io sound thingy and all was well untill You blow a fuse, zing boom
The devil cuts loose, zing boom
So what's the use, wow bam
Of falling in love

It's, oh, so quiet
It's, oh, so still
You're all alone
And so peaceful until...

You ring the bell, bim bam
You shout and you yell, hi ho ho
You broke the spell
Gee, this is swell you almost have a fit
This software is 'gorge' and I got hit
There's no mistake this is it

'Til it's over and then
It's nice and quiet
Shhh, Shhh
But soon again
Shhh, Shhh
Starts another big riot

You blow a fuse
Zing boom
The devil cuts loose
Zing boom
What's the use
Wow bam
Of falling in love with

The sky caves in
The devil cuts loose
You blow blow blow blow blow your fuse
When you've fallen in love with ......cue
Ssshhhhhh...

One of many songs not played because it kept crashing, I'll get back to you with more info asap. ( Thanks 4 the rant ) ;-)

geposted Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 6:18 am
Daz35PRO InfinityMember since 2007
This exact problem has happened to me the last two nights.

I've been running VDJ for around 6 months without a problem and 2 nights running it has crashed without warning and no dialogue box either.

The only thing that I've done to the laptop is defrag it last week. I'm running XP, Version 5.0 v5 with a DAC-2 and would very interested to get to the bottom of this problem.

geposted Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 12:00 pm
Daz35 wrote :
This exact problem has happened to me the last two nights.

I've been running VDJ for around 6 months without a problem and 2 nights running it has crashed without warning and no dialogue box either.

The only thing that I've done to the laptop is defrag it last week. I'm running XP, Version 5.0 v5 with a DAC-2 and would very interested to get to the bottom of this problem.

Do you have the same problem when you don't use the DAC2 ?

geposted Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 12:12 pm
I always use the DAC-2 and have never used the software without it.

geposted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:54 am
Also, I have looked in my documents and VDJ file and there aren't any crashguard reports for those dates either.

geposted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:55 am
The last 3 Days i had no crash! I always used the direct sound drivers and not the asio driver from the m-audio firewire 410.

geposted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 8:59 am
Yesterday i had a crash again with the direkt sound drivers! can it be a performance settings problem?

geposted Fri 14 Dec 07 @ 9:23 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I had similar crashes to you Papaoka when I frist set up VDJ. Mine did not generate no crash reports, bit when the audio stops and VDJ is unresponsive that is a crash to me.

Can you try these setting that DJ Cyder advised me to run on, it helped me

VDJ Config>Performance> Slider on Fastest, (all the way to the left ) Latancy on Auto and tick safe mode.

I've been runnnig like this for some time now and it's cured my problem. ( I bet one tonight now, lol).

Jimmy b

geposted Fri 14 Dec 07 @ 9:38 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)